View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

    19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

    29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

    61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

    64 36.99%
Page 31 of 666 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 531 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 9985
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Back in the 5280!
    Posts
    68
    That's something that is hard to say. The biggest part of it is probably personality differences. Everyone knows when the "life of the party" arrives into a room as opposed to "the reliable guy". Earlier in the season, there were quite a few team members who had some very positive things to say about Orton's leadership ability. Maybe he has a certain way of saying things or motivating people like how John Wayne might. In any event, Orton's gotta feel the massive change in energy when Tebow takes the field. I'm sure he'll pick up some "cues", but it's unlikely he can suddenly be a David Lee Roth in the locker room.

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Corona Del Mar, CA
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfire View Post
    One of the things that has most impressed me with Tebow's wisdom (and I have to admit that I'm pretty skeptical on how wise this fellow is) is when he was talking about criticism being hurled at him. I thought he had very good perspective regarding any criticism being pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. People are criticizing him about playing a game. He seems very able to keep that in check with the realities of the world and just uses it for motivation while still understanding that people criticizing him about playing a freaking game just isn't of earth-shattering importance.
    This quote from Tim follows what you are saying, when asked about pressure before a big game. "Pressure is not having to win a football game; pressure is having to find your next meal," Tebow said this weekend. "Even though we love it so much, football is still just a game. A lot of people bleed over it and love it, and I'm one of those people. But at the end of the day, I know what's more important, and pressure is definitely not football."

    This was the epic article from where that quote came from: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010602895.html

    Cheers!

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Orton won't get more athletic, so that won't be it. I don't think Orton has it in him to be as outwardly passionate about the game as Tebow. Even if he tried I think it would come across as fake. Kyle's laid back, lethargic attitude is one reason I believe he needs to be on a team dominated by their defense and running game. He is part of the team but not the main cog, it's just not in him.

    I think Kyle is a horrible fit for this town, franchise, and fanbase. He is too laid back. It comes accross as uncaring and mopey. This town needs a passionate alpha male type QB. That is the only kind of guy this fanbase will embrace as our starting QB. Whether that's right or not, it's just the way it is.
    I pretty much agree with everything you've written. I think Kyle may be able to find a good home somewhere in the NFL, but it certainly isn't with this particular organization. Elway is still casting a long shadow. I was pretty supportive of Cutler, but I felt he was a little lacking in his leadership and presence too for this particular town. I'm happy to see him doing well in Chicago, but Tebow finally feels like the proper fit for this fanbase to me. Now we could all be slapping our foreheads feeling like idiots if he goes on a massive losing streak or something, but I'll still be finding it much easier to support Tebow during a losing campaign than I could support Orton during a winning one. One thing I have always known for sure is that I would NEVER buy an Orton jersey. It's not because I hate the guy personally or anything, it's that I can't imagine him ever actually being the leader of the Broncos or even remotely filling an "Elway" inspirational role. It's not a huge stretch for me to see Tebow's personality fitting those roles though.


    For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by huh?? View Post
    That's something that is hard to say. The biggest part of it is probably personality differences. Everyone knows when the "life of the party" arrives into a room as opposed to "the reliable guy". Earlier in the season, there were quite a few team members who had some very positive things to say about Orton's leadership ability. Maybe he has a certain way of saying things or motivating people like how John Wayne might. In any event, Orton's gotta feel the massive change in energy when Tebow takes the field. I'm sure he'll pick up some "cues", but it's unlikely he can suddenly be a David Lee Roth in the locker room.
    There's a lot of truth in what you write. I don't see it being remotely possible for Orton to become a leader like Tebow is seemingly innately. However, I don't think he can go through this process as a human being and not be left thinking he's got to be doing something wrong. A part of me does wonder though if he even cares. I would imagine he does, but maybe I'm projecting my own wantful desire to see him care when he really just doesn't care too much and is just looking for where he'll be getting his next paycheck.


    For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    303
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfire View Post
    I think it's a given that Tebow has had a chance to sit on the sidelines and soak in a lot of knowledge watching Orton play the game. I imagine that Orton has shared a tip or two to Tebow as well. But what I've been wondering about lately is what Orton is currently being taught by Tebow.

    Surely Orton is seeing a passionate fanbase come to life again and he's getting to hear the roar of the Mile High Madness. He's watching Tebow go out and establish leadership of the team in extremely rapid fashion. There's things going on that have to have Orton scratching his head about and observing... and probably wondering how Tebow is managing to do it. I don't think Orton is an idiot or anything (though lacking in personality and fire), and I think he's got an objective head. What's he going to take away from all of this?

    I am hoping that he'll see some aspects that are lacking in what he brings to the table and that wherever he has his next chance, he'll take the field with more passion, more leadership and more will to win. I don't know if that will be the case, but I really don't wish ill upon the guy. I do think he has to add some stuff to what he brings to the table to ever hope to become a true leading quarterback in the game. Tebow had some pretty rockstar status prior to joining the Broncos, but even that didn't just come from nowhere. Do you think Orton is taking this all in and learning something from it which he may incorporate into his future? Or do you think he's just getting depressed and really not taking this as something to learn and improve from?
    good post, if I saw Orton pose like soulfire tebow avatar, this beer I'm drinking will shoot through my nose.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by swinginhorseman View Post
    good post, if I saw Orton pose like soulfire tebow avatar, this beer I'm drinking will shoot through my nose.
    Haha, that thought has me almost wanting to create it in Photoshop. Maybe we could talk that Neckbeard guy on the forums to use it in his signature.


    For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in the can
    Posts
    609
    First off, great topic!

    Secondly, I believe that all great men learn from every situation they are in, sometimes it can take a while for it to sink in. We've seen Kyle already come out and try to assert himself more, saying he will and should be the starter here next season. I believe in his intelligence, and believe that intelligence will allow him to take what he needs from the current situation he is facing and apply it to wherever he ends up. He will never be a leader al a Tebow, but may be more of a presence next time around.

    Let us hark back to last year, to know he's already got that in him. After the injury in Washington, during the Charger game the following week. Chris Simms at the helm, obviously struggling. Do you remember the thunder, the roar of the crowd when Orton braved his injuries, and came into the game as our "savior" then? I bet he still remembers it, and he knows how good it feels when that train is behind you. He was able to bring that then, with his stoicness and strength, I don't see why he won't be able to bring it in the future either. Only next time, will he have a better understanding of just what that vocal presence can do on both sides of the ball? I believe he will, just in his own way, as he has already done.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    9,250
    Humility?.


    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    An End Zone Near You
    Posts
    16,167
    How to get the love of 15 year old girls?

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,121
    How to be a better Christian?

    Lol plz don b offend is just joke.

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11
    Losing is an unacceptable outcome of playing this game.
    Personal responsibility for the product on the field.
    Energy and grit are contagious amongst team mates.

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    440
    When McDaniels was fireed and Ortons responce was something had to change, Tebow taught Orton what that change ought to have been~!!

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    8,058
    I think you have to be yourself, and Orton is not one of those "rah rah" guys like Tebow. (I'm not either, really).

    And Orton can't do a lot of the things Tebow can physically, so that's not it.

    But if I had to take a guess -- I think Orton could use a little more fire and determination to FEEL when the game is slipping away, to FIND a way to get a first down when it is crucial.

    Orton's formative years in the NFL were with the Bears, and his standing orders were "don't lose the game." He was subconsciously used to the idea that if the team had to punt, Brian Urlacher would be coming in as the mike. He adopted a very "war of attrition" mentality and body language in a football game.

    Orton kept making me furious this year -- it would be 3rd and 8, and he would drop back and try one of those back shoulder passes to Lloyd, with a corner back right there. Tom Brady does that, but you have to choose your spots. Do it a couple times a game to keep them honest, but DON'T do it when it's a critical 3rd down. Get some yardage -- play the percentages.

    Orton actually played like passing yards were the goal. And the goal of football is a simple game -- you have 4 tries to get 10 yards. Repeat. I think Tebow approaches the game with that ferocious sense of getting a first down, and then getting another one, and another one.

    And Tebow has an innate sense of when a game is won and lost -- when it is slipping away, when to turn the tide, when to go with momentum. He's a maestro at going for the jugular when he needs to, but avoiding a mistake when it counts.

    Orton could use a double-dose of Tebow's "temperature of the game" instincts.

    DOUBLE DOSE.


  14. #464
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfire View Post
    I think it's a given that Tebow has had a chance to sit on the sidelines and soak in a lot of knowledge watching Orton play the game. I imagine that Orton has shared a tip or two to Tebow as well. But what I've been wondering about lately is what Orton is currently being taught by Tebow.

    Surely Orton is seeing a passionate fanbase come to life again and he's getting to hear the roar of the Mile High Madness. He's watching Tebow go out and establish leadership of the team in extremely rapid fashion. There's things going on that have to have Orton scratching his head about and observing... and probably wondering how Tebow is managing to do it. I don't think Orton is an idiot or anything (though lacking in personality and fire), and I think he's got an objective head. What's he going to take away from all of this?

    I am hoping that he'll see some aspects that are lacking in what he brings to the table and that wherever he has his next chance, he'll take the field with more passion, more leadership and more will to win. I don't know if that will be the case, but I really don't wish ill upon the guy. I do think he has to add some stuff to what he brings to the table to ever hope to become a true leading quarterback in the game. Tebow had some pretty rockstar status prior to joining the Broncos, but even that didn't just come from nowhere. Do you think Orton is taking this all in and learning something from it which he may incorporate into his future? Or do you think he's just getting depressed and really not taking this as something to learn and improve from?
    The true measure of leadership comes not when you are winning and everything is good but when things go wrong and how you handle it.

    The pressure, adversity and situation doesn't really bother Tebow and he just continues to play and he takes it as part of game whereas Orton looks depressed and thinks too much about it and seems to give up on things.

    If you think of situation where we are down by 20 points in fourth qtr with 5 minutes left and Orton's demeanor would like defeated whereas Tebow is as calm in the pocket regardless of the outcome of situation.

    Orton has measurables but Tebow has heart. One can't measure it. You just have it or you don't unfortunately.

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    8,058
    Tebow's secret is all-surpassing confidence. He maintains a humble, aw-shucks personality off the field, but on the field he truly believes he is the best player on the field.

    He doesn't get caught up in drama with other players or commentators, because in his heart, he believes he's going to do well and they're going to look stupid for doubting him.

    When he threw that first interception on Sunday, he went over to Lloyd and said "my bad," and Lloyd was sulking and not encouraging. Tebow doesn't care -- if he were honest, he's thinking "I'll get it sorted out and be a legend in this town long after Lloyd is gone."

    When you have that type of all-consuming confidence in yourself, it actually frees up your spirit to be humble, to be nice to teammates, to not worry when bad things happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •