View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

64 36.99%
Page 32 of 666 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast
    He learned that no team or fanbase is ever going to see him as a franchise QB.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

He tried to teach him about the dangers of drinking but we'll see if that one takes

^ Awesome pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Southtown View Post
    ^ Awesome pic!
    Yea this is what hapens when I get bored....I photoshop stuff.

I think it's BS that Kyle is somehow characterized as "mopey", when he was described by his own teammates and coach as being a leader and having an excellent command of the huddle. I'm sure his detractors here on the boards know more than his own teammates do however.

It's a matter of different styles. Tebow is a "rah-rah" guy. There aren't really that many guys like that. Brady is firey at times. But not always. So is Rivers. On the other hand, Peyton is a field general, but he's not fist-pumping his way down the field. Then you have guys who are very contained, like Vick. And we all know Cutler looks like he takes a morphine drip on the sidelines.

Point being, trying to paint Kyle as some sort of wooden mannequin with no personality or fire just because he has a different personality than Tebow is just plain stupid, and not supported by anyone who has played with him or coached him.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfire View Post

Do you think Orton is taking this all in and learning something from it which he may incorporate into his future? Doubtful

Or do you think he's just getting depressed and really not taking this as something to learn and improve from? Yepper

Color Orton blackened. Of course, Tim Tebow invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    I think it's BS that Kyle is somehow characterized as "mopey", when he was described by his own teammates and coach as being a leader and having an excellent command of the huddle. I'm sure his detractors here on the boards know more than his own teammates do however.

It's a matter of different styles. Tebow is a "rah-rah" guy. There aren't really that many guys like that. Brady is firey at times. But not always. So is Rivers. On the other hand, Peyton is a field general, but he's not fist-pumping his way down the field. Then you have guys who are very contained, like Vick. And we all know Cutler looks like he takes a morphine drip on the sidelines.

Point being, trying to paint Kyle as some sort of wooden mannequin with no personality or fire just because he has a different personality than Tebow is just plain stupid, and not supported by anyone who has played with him or coached him.

Have you even watched him play? I would think not if you can't see why everyone calls him mopey....

I can't remember who said it (maybe chaz?) but it's not even so much that orton is "mopey" it's that the only type of QB most fans will even accept is a vocal leader and that is something orton has never been.

How many times have you seen Orton run up and congratulate a special teams player on a big hit, or go up to the defense after scoring the go ahead TD and screaming for them to get out there and get it done?

That's the type of QB the majority of this fanbase expects. A Field General who goes out there and commands respect and demands that those around him play to the best of their abilities.

It's not at all that Orton is incapable of winning games it's mostly he just doesn't fit in here and never will. He's best suited to a team that's already got a defense and vocal stars on both sides of the ball so he can come in and just play gamemanger.

I'm not one of the type that really feels he's never going to be a good QB for somebody but I just don't see him ever doing that in orange and blue. As far as "painting him mopey" We don't have to paint him anything we just use our eyes...Maybe he is a great leader, maybe he does have a great personality...but he doesn't give any indications leaning in that direction based off his tv time.

*edit*...yep it was chaz talking about it in this same thread.....
    Last edited by Freyaka; 12-31-2010 at 11:05 AM.

His reactions as he trots off the field after yet another 3 and out is all I need to see to tell that he's mopey. As far as his teammates go, they are going to be supportive and say nice things about him because that's what teammates do. Teammates support each other. When they don't they get a lot of crap for it and are accused of throwing their teammate under the bus. It's obvious that Orton's leadership characteristics and charisma are sorely lacking, but you keep believing the players' PC comments if you want.

Team Tebow #108

Orton could get away with the personality he has, if he consistently got results that defied the odds. If you're "Matty Ice," you can do just fine with quiet reserve.

On the other hand, Tebow would be a tragic buffoon if he didn't show an amazing propensity to get results when the ball snaps. (And he will be one if he can't quarterback a winning team).

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Have you even watched him play? I would think not if you can't see why everyone calls him mopey....

I can't remember who said it (maybe chaz?) but it's not even so much that orton is "mopey" it's that the only type of QB most fans will even accept is a vocal leader and that is something orton has never been.

How many times have you seen Orton run up and congratulate a special teams player on a big hit, or go up to the defense after scoring the go ahead TD and screaming for them to get out there and get it done?
    What I think is funny is that Cutler never did any of this, but he was a GOD on the boards.

That's the type of QB the majority of this fanbase expects. A Field General who goes out there and commands respect and demands that those around him play to the best of their abilities.
    I guess you guys don't respect Peyton then. Because he's usually on the sidelines going over the last play while the defense goes back on the field. I don't think I've ever seen him "screaming for the defense to get it done".

It's not at all that Orton is incapable of winning games it's mostly he just doesn't fit in here and never will. He's best suited to a team that's already got a defense and vocal stars on both sides of the ball so he can come in and just play gamemanger.

I'm not one of the type that really feels he's never going to be a good QB for somebody but I just don't see him ever doing that in orange and blue. As far as "painting him mopey" We don't have to paint him anything we just use our eyes...Maybe he is a great leader, maybe he does have a great personality...but he doesn't give any indications leaning in that direction based off his tv time.

*edit*...yep it was chaz talking about it in this same thread.....
    People just look for excuses to rag on the guy. First it was "noodle arm". Then it was "he's a statue in the pocket". Then it was "he's not clutch". Now he's "mopey". It's just dumb mischaracterization based on fans who simply don't like him and can't just say it without making up a bunch of crap about him.

People just look for excuses to rag on the guy. First it was "noodle arm". Then it was "he's a statue in the pocket". Then it was "he's not clutch". Now he's "mopey". It's just dumb mischaracterization based on fans who simply don't like him and can't just say it without making up a bunch of crap about him.
    I never bought the noodle arm thing. He has an average arm by NFL standards. That said, he is a statue in the pocket most of the time, he's far from clutch, and he is mopey. These aren't made up things used to rag on the guy. They are the reasons that I, if not others, rag on him. They are what I have observed as I've watched him play. They are my honest observations that have led to my negative opinion of him.

What you are saying is that people dislike him for no real reason. Yet those are the reasons. If you don't agree that's fine, but those are what other people see when they watch Orton play.
    Last edited by DancingHorsey; 12-31-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Team Tebow #108

I don't think Tebow has or will teach Orton anythng. Orton has learned a valuble life lesson which is nothing is guranteed and sometimes life isn't fair. Orton (when healthy) is still a way better drop back QB than Tebow hands down. Tebow is more arthletic and does show more emotion so he brings something different with his game.

The Broncos poor season has a direct correlation with the holes we have yet to patch (defense in general but mainly DL and the runnng game).

Thx,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    I never bought the noodle arm thing. He has an average arm by NFL standards. That said, he is a statue in the pocket most of the time, he's far from clutch, and he is mopey. These aren't made up things used to rag on the guy. They are the reasons that I, if not others, rag on him. They are what I have observed as I've watched him play. They are my honest observations that have led to my negative opinion of him.
    He's not a statue. He has made a fair share of plays with his feet this season. But if your baseline is Tebow, of course that's going to be your observation.

He hasn't been clutch. That's what people have to hang their hats on since he started making plays on the run. Of course, now that our OL has been manhandled and he has been sacked a few times, we can go back to the "immobile statue" criticisms, and pretend that he was not avoiding the rush and making plays outside of the pocket before the bye.

What you are saying is that people dislike him for no real reason. Yet those are the reasons. If you don't agree that's fine, but those are what other people see when they watch Orton play.
    I'm not saying that. People have real reasons, but their reasons are things like "his playing style is boring", and "he wasn't a first round pick". So instead of being honest, they blow every perceived weakness about his game out of proportion and they somehow become deal-breakers (as if 99% of QBs run around yelling at their defenses and chest-bumping special teams guys).

Jump squats?

Look at Orton's mood today:

http://twitter.com/PostBroncos

Talked to Orton in the locker room. He declined to talk about Tebow's 2 starts. "I don't comment on other guys' play," Orton said.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Jump squats?

Look at Orton's mood today:

http://twitter.com/PostBroncos

Good for him. He's a starter. He can't fake the rah-rah stuff. Shouldn't try.