View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

    19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

    29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

    61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

    64 36.99%
Page 525 of 666 FirstFirst ... 25 425 475 515 523 524 525 526 527 535 575 625 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 9985
  1. #7861
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by blue diamond View Post
    one word to describe the feeling you'll have once drafted?

    "Bittersweet", said Blaine Gabbert immediately.

    WTH kind of answer was that? He tried to backtrack it but it was to late. Ponder just laughed at him.

    I guess he just wants to chill out and have all the attention on him and throw to guys with no defenders the rest of his life, and get catered around from city to city...lol

    FRAUD!!!

    I'll take Tebow, who may not have the fastest 40 but rushed for more yards than any QB pg last year.
    Gabbert was interupted, he later said that it's bitterweet because he's leaving Mizzou and his teammates. Standard operating procedure and the same exact rhetoric that Tebow was spewing a year ago.

    When it comes wanting all the attention on him, nobody tops Tim Tebow, he's the biggest media whore since Ocho Cinco.

    The difference between you and me, none of this is enough for me to brand Tebow a "FRAUD". Ridiculous.......

  2. #7862
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Gabbert is a fraud to me. He looks like a Hollywood star, talks like a franchise QB. But does not play like one. He is a small ball QB. To me, in 4 years, he will be the next Brady Quinn.

    6.71 YPA in his last season at Missouri. What will be his YPA in the NFL? 5? He is not accurate. Not under pressure, when it matters. Terrible, absolutely terrible deep ball accuracy.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6451/blaine-gabbert



    Gabbert's deep ball is not even close from being as good as Tebow's. And he struggles to make the big plays.

    If you watch him play, he is nothing special. Was not productive in the kind of spread system that sprung Tebow and Newton. Gabbert will have to make the same transition as Tebow and Newton. Play under center, make multiple reads.

    The difference is that Gabbert plays scared like Brady Quinn. He feels pressure and does not perform like the other guys do. Throws a lot of bad balls. Brady Quinn might have a better arm than Orton and Tebow. But what's the point if he does not know how to use it?

    That's how I see Gabbert in the NFL. If he tries to air it out, think Derek Anderson. If he loses his confidence, dink and dunk QB like Quinn.

    16 TDs in 2010? Are you kidding me? And what about his athleticism? 5 games with negative yardage as a runner in 2010. Only 5 rushing TDs.

    Hey, you can save this if you want to. Roddoliver thinks Tim Tebow will be a better NFL quarterback than Blaine Gabbert. I liked Tebow before the 2010 draft, before he was a Bronco. And I don't like Gabbert.
    Deep accuracy wasn't a problem in in Gabbert's Soph season, but l find it ironic that one of the same reasons you state for believing Gabbert is a fraud is the biggest weakness in Tebow's game.

    Tebow has horrible intermediate to long accuracy, he's inaccurate at all levels. It simply doesn't make sense, you're insistant on taking a leap of faith on issues that you claim would keep another QB from reaching his potential.

    I have a hard enough time remembering the things l say, l have nothing to gain from taking note of other peoples predictions. lf you want a pat on the back you'll just have to refresh my memory should reality play out like you predict.

    Either way, l don't remeber making any predictions on either player, l'm just dealing with the facts as we know them. l'll leave the predictions to the people that think they can predict the future.

    Btw, both Quinn and Anderson have proven to be a better passer at this time. Gabbert too.......
    Last edited by stnzed; 04-11-2011 at 07:12 PM.

  3. #7863
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Deep accuracy wasn't a problem in in Gabbert's Soph season, but l find it ironic that one of the same reasons you state for believing Gabbert is a fraud is the biggest weakness in Tebow's game.

    he has horrible intermediate to long accuracy. It simply doesn't make sense, you're insistant on taking a leap of faith on issues that you claim would keep another QB from reaching his potential.

    I have a hard enough time remembering the things l say, l have nothing to gain from taking note of other peoples predictions. lf you want a pat on the back you'll just have to refresh my memory should reality play out like you predict.

    Either way, l don't remeber making any predictions on either player, l'm just dealing with the facts as we know them. l'll leave the predictions to the people that think they can predict the future.

    Btw, both Quinn and Anderson have proven to be a better passer at this time. Gabbert too.......
    Really? Because he Deep accracy is one of Tebows strong points and his 8 YPA proves that

  4. #7864
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    100 Miles From Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    It's a leap of faith, literally, one l hope the Broncos are not willing to take.
    That's the whole point. For the coming season, starting Tebow is not by any means "a leap of faith."

    He's already on the team. He played well the last three games. They're not making the playoffs. They can get value from Orton.

    It's just a chance to see what they've got, and if it doesn't work, move on.

    Last year's draft was a leap of faith. As would be drafting any quarterback this year.

  5. #7865
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
    Really? Because he Deep accracy is one of Tebows strong points and his 8 YPA proves that
    Oh BS!

    His YPA does not prove that. Stats are dangerous in the hands of people that are too simple to look beneath the surface. Orton had a respectable YPA in 2009 but led the league in YAC by his receivers.......what does that tell ya? That Orton is a better deep passer than the QB's ranked below him?

    That's ridiculous. Seriously, you'll have to put a little more effort into this with me, this is not my first rodeo.......

  6. #7866
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    100 Miles From Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Btw, both Quinn and Anderson have proven to be a better passer at this time. Gabbert too.......
    In what way has Gabbert proved to be a better passer?

  7. #7867
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Oh BS!

    His YPA does not prove that. Stats are dangerous in the hands of people that are too simple to look beneath the surface. Orton had a respectable YPA in 2009 but led the league in YAC by his receivers.......what does that tell ya? That Orton is a better deep passer than the QB's ranked below him?

    That's ridiculous. Seriously, you'll have to put a little more effort into this with me, this is not my first rodeo.......
    orton had Bmarsh who was great at getting yards after the catch but yes Orton did have a good YPA and you cant take away from that, you have to have good receivers if your going to be a good QB.
    Plus why didn't Orton have the same YPA with the same receivers as Tebow did?

  8. #7868
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    In what way has Gabbert proved to be a better passer?
    Because he said so thats why!

  9. #7869
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    That's the whole point. For the coming season, starting Tebow is not by any means "a leap of faith."

    He's already on the team. He played well the last three games. They're not making the playoffs. They can get value from Orton.

    It's just a chance to see what they've got, and if it doesn't work, move on.

    Last year's draft was a leap of faith. As would be drafting any quarterback this year.
    I am so passed starting Tebow, l've moved on for the same reasons as Elway. I couldn't care less if Tebow ever starts another game for Denver, he hasn't shown any of us that he could live up to his draft status much less be the type of passer that you build a franchise around.

    The leap of faith l'm talking about refers to assuming that Tebow is the franchise QB when he hasn't even remotely proven franchise passer talent.

    Fix the QB situation and then build a team around him, that's how it works. Building around Tebow and then trying to find a franchise QB if he fails is a huge leap of faith. Ask the Vikings how that story ends.

    The best thing that could happen is you end up with a QB situation like the Eagles, the worst is you end up with nothing, but chances are you end up with something in the middle. And at least you're not compounding the last HC's incompetence by forcing his mistakes on the current HC.......

  10. #7870
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    100 Miles From Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    I am so passed starting Tebow, l've moved on for the same reasons as Elway. I couldn't care less if Tebow ever starts another game for Denver, he hasn't shown any of us that he could live up to his draft status much less be the type of passer that you build a franchise around.

    The leap of faith l'm talking about refers to assuming that Tebow is the franchise QB when he hasn't even remotely proven franchise passer talent.

    Fix the QB situation and then build a team around him, that's how it works. Building around Tebow and then trying to find a franchise QB if he fails is a huge leap of faith. Ask the Vikings how that story ends.

    The best thing that could happen is you end up with a QB situation like the Eagles, the worst is you end up with nothing, but chances are you end up with something in the middle. And at least you're not compounding the last HC's incompetence by forcing his mistakes on the current HC.......
    Where did I say you needed to assume Tebow as the franchise QB? I agree he hasn't proven himself, but you acting as if he has no business even getting on the field is completely "ridiculous" to coin a phrase.

    Who do you think should be QB next year?
    Last edited by catsigater; 04-11-2011 at 07:42 PM.

  11. #7871
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    I am so passed starting Tebow, l've moved on for the same reasons as Elway. I couldn't care less if Tebow ever starts another game for Denver, he hasn't shown any of us that he could live up to his draft status much less be the type of passer that you build a franchise around.

    The leap of faith l'm talking about refers to assuming that Tebow is the franchise QB when he hasn't even remotely proven franchise passer talent.

    Fix the QB situation and then build a team around him, that's how it works. Building around Tebow and then trying to find a franchise QB if he fails is a huge leap of faith. Ask the Vikings how that story ends.

    The best thing that could happen is you end up with a QB situation like the Eagles, the worst is you end up with nothing, but chances are you end up with something in the middle. And at least you're not compounding the last HC's incompetence by forcing his mistakes on the current HC.......
    Yes in 3 games he hasnt shown enough..... please just leave your not helping you cause

  12. #7872
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    In what way has Gabbert proved to be a better passer?
    Mechanics, accuracy and arm strength are all far better than Tebow's, l am far from the only one who understands this.......

    Quote Originally Posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
    Because he said so thats why!
    I can't remember the last time l came with an argument that empty, you're throwing a tantrum. If my reponse to you somehow leaves you unsatisfied l suggest you dig a little deeper or find another poster to get sideways with.......

  13. #7873
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    4,507
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Mechanics, accuracy and arm strength are all far better than Tebow's, l am far from the only one who understands this.......



    I can't remember the last time l came with an argument that empty, you're throwing a tantrum. If my reponse to you somehow leaves you unsatisfied l suggest you dig a little deeper or find another poster to get sideways with.......
    All the Tebow critics just keep on saying "Mechanics, accuracy, arm strength etc. etc." I'm holding you accountable. Just like Collinsworth you will become pro-Tebow over time.

    You've been anti-Tebow since before the draft and I've been pro-Tebow since before the draft.

    There's such a thing known as intangibles and if any QB gets it done on Sunday it's Timmy Teebs.

    "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

  14. #7874
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    3,669
    You said that tebow was not elusive in the open field thats pretty empty.

  15. #7875
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    100 Miles From Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Mechanics, accuracy and arm strength are all far better than Tebow's, l am far from the only one who understands this.......
    Translation... "I have an opinion, but no proof to back it up."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •