View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

    19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

    29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

    61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

    64 36.99%
Page 533 of 666 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 531 532 533 534 535 543 583 633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 9985
  1. #7981
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The world's Freezer (Québec/Canada)
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that Tim Tebow is an awful QB prospect? That is the consensus around the NFL. You're all entitled to your opinions about how he'll do, but pretending that he's a good prospect just makes you look like you don't follow the NFL.
    IMO being a prospect does not cut it. Based on what you say, Brady should never had the chance to play in the NFL. Why ? He was a 6th round prospect and TT was rated at worst low3rd top 4th. Want an other example? Warner was un UDFA who packed up groceries for living while playing in the AFL and being 3rd string to the Rams...Typ never should have the chance to prove himself either...

    The argument saying that player aint a good prospect is not very good.
    I would respond : why is it so hard to undestrand every player (good or bad) needs to get his chance at starting?
    Its an obvious concensus in the NFL that if a player never walks and play on the field he will never be great?

    I just dont understand Fans who are giving up before he really has the change to prove what his worth is....I am not saying he's the nest comming of Elway nor I am saying he will be the next Jamarcus Russel. I am saying I want to know what he can do for my team!

  2. #7982
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You could get a good look at a Tbone steak by sticking you head up a bulls arse. But wouldnt you rather take the butchers word for it? Unfortunately, you and stn are not the butchers. You are not even the farmers who raised the cows. You guys are the vegans waiters at the tofu restaurant names shiloh
    Well that gave me a laugh but I don't quite follow. All I know is that the consensus opinion is that Tebow is an awful QB prospect. Obviously I share that opinion, but my opinion is no more valuable than any other poster on this board. But the fact is, Tebow is not viewed as a franchise QB, or even someone capable of playing the position in this league by many.

  3. #7983
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    8,423
    oh oh oh oh oh another TEBOW thread . . . im so happy ive been awaiting the day another tebow thread will happen
    -------

  4. #7984
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by Louich View Post
    IMO being a prospect does not cut it. Based on what you say, Brady should never had the chance to play in the NFL. Why ? He was a 6th round prospect and TT was rated at worst low3rd top 4th. Want an other example? Warner was un UDFA who packed up groceries for living while playing in the AFL and being 3rd string to the Rams...Typ never should have the chance to prove himself either...

    The argument saying that player aint a good prospect is not very good.
    I would respond : why is it so hard to undestrand every player (good or bad) needs to get his chance at starting?
    Its an obvious concensus in the NFL that if a player never walks and play on the field he will never be great?

    I just dont understand Fans who are giving up before he really has the change to prove what his worth is....I am not saying he's the nest comming of Elway nor I am saying he will be the next Jamarcus Russel. I am saying I want to know what he can do for my team!
    You're absolutely right, a poorly-viewed prospect can become a star. That's why I said that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and sure, Tebow could become good. It isn't impossible by any means, but it isn't probably.

    Fans on here act like Tebow is supposed to become a good QB. He isn't. If Tebow proves me wrong and becomes a star, it will be a surprise around the league. It will be like Brady or Warner, not Peyton Manning.

    The only reason I don't want to see him on the field is because its a risk I don't want to take. Like I said, he could become a star, but the chance is so low that I'd much rather trade him and let him become another team's gamble. And yes, every draft pick is a gamble, but gambling with a consensus first round QB and gambling with a FB that throws the ball is a big difference.

    And for the record, I think this is a very weak QB class. I don't think we should draft a QB. I'm not high on Gabbert, I rank Mallet as the top QB prospect and that isn't saying much. Newton is in the class of Tebow to me, but with less flaws.

  5. #7985
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,538
    I Love Tebow, but saying he will be better is totally insane.

    We are talking about the greatest of all time.

  6. #7986
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,881
    Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Well that gave me a laugh but I don't quite follow. All I know is that the consensus opinion is that Tebow is an awful QB prospect. Obviously I share that opinion, but my opinion is no more valuable than any other poster on this board. But the fact is, Tebow is not viewed as a franchise QB, or even someone capable of playing the position in this league by many.
    How is Tebow a an awful QB prospect. To me, he's a coaches wet dream.

    1. Work Ethic - You don't see too many young players come in and do everything they can to better themselves. He will go the extra mile to make sure he's the best at what he does. He doesn't ever give up. I'd take a Tebow over a Newton everyday, all the time.

    2. Skills - Tebow's skills are beyond what any other QB can do. He can make every throw and can run when he has to. His throwing mechanic may be different from your prototypical QB, but it really isn't that big of problem. If you ask me, it's just nitpicking to make it seem like Tebow isn't that great. That has been the only argument if ever that I've seen, that's it. Nothing else. If that's all, how do you justify that Phillip Rivers is any good then. If he can get it to a receiver with precision and power, there's nothing to worry about.

    3. Leadership - When if ever do you see a rookie come into the league and lead his team. Almost never. I don't ever remember a player coming into the league and all of his peers already look up to him.

  7. #7987
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    9,629
    I'll decide to pitch in. It's been a roller Coaster. I've hated Orton, than respected him, then resigned myself that he played injured, then hopped on the Tebow train (Though I liked the pick from the moment they called it in the draft.)

    So, after all that, here's where I am now. I still hold the stance that the team will choose what is best, and we may not agree, but are powerless to stop it.

    However, if I had to give my opinion on our Quarterback situation, here it is: I consider Quinn a non-factor, he has basically been pushed to the margins.

    Orton: The jury is still out on him, for me at least. He has had flashes of great play, and then he has made some poor decisions. Part of me believes that he was a bit constrained by McDaniels' system. I have seen him make some good plays when he was with Chicago, and I have no doubt that he can perform a decent job here at Denver. However, he has to earn his starting position.

    Tebow: His passion can definitely light this team up. However, I cringed everytime he ran the ball, although if he can be a Vick-like QB, I'll like it. I know he is a rookie, but he scrambles pretty quickly, not giving it a lot of time. That, and he makes some poor choices, again, he had a different system in college, and was a rookie. He has a cannon though, I think he has great potential, and would do better if Denver's staff/players had some consistency for once.

    Now, the offensive line was pretty awful, and both QBs faced early and constant pressure. Without a run game, and with a bad line, blitzes killed both QBs, forcing poor decisions. I'd say sure up the line, and try both QBs, time is key.

    Depends on team camps now. I'd agree that Orton should be starter until Tebow proves that his "intangibles" and drive have helped him improve.

    Basically, we can waste time and energy on speculation, or wait and see what happens. I know which one I'm doing.

  8. #7988
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that Tim Tebow is an awful QB prospect? That is the consensus around the NFL. You're all entitled to your opinions about how he'll do, but pretending that he's a good prospect just makes you look like you don't follow the NFL.
    Everyone used to think the world was flat, too. Ever hear the saying "Might doesn't make Right"? Well, "Consensus" is your "Might", but consensus doesn't mean something is right or correct. I seem to remember there was a pretty decent consensus that Jamarcus Russell was a once in a generation NFL QB prospect. I seem to remember a lot of "important" NFL and media types thinking Jimmy Clausen was the most NFL "ready" of last year's QB class. I never saw much in him, and I'm not saying he might not still end up being a decent QB, but considering how bad Tebow was supposed to be in the NFL and how good Clausen was suppposed to be, Tebow won that contest going away.

    I'm sure there are plenty of people who will be surprised if Tim Tebow does well in the NFL, although for many of them I think their belief in his ability is simply a reflection of hearing the media say he is a terrible prospect, over and over and over again in the last year and a half. I think there are a lot more people who will be surprised if Tim Tebow does not do well in the NFL, myself included. You keep on clinging to your "consensus", and I'll stick with the facts/stats, Tebow's history as a successful athlete, and what I see with my own eyes when I watch him play.

    By the way, luckyshot, I eat staples is a perfect example of the type of guy I was talking about who doesn't even want to give Tebow a chance - zero.

  9. #7989
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    100 Miles From Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    You're absolutely right, a poorly-viewed prospect can become a star. That's why I said that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and sure, Tebow could become good. It isn't impossible by any means, but it isn't probably.

    Fans on here act like Tebow is supposed to become a good QB. He isn't. If Tebow proves me wrong and becomes a star, it will be a surprise around the league. It will be like Brady or Warner, not Peyton Manning.
    Actually, no most fans don't act like that.

    Most of us who are Tebow supporters make the very modest claim that Tebow could become at least a good starting QB, and possibly a star. And we think that given the QB situation, and the glaring needs we have elsewhere he's shown enough to warrant starting him.

    Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    The only reason I don't want to see him on the field is because its a risk I don't want to take. Like I said, he could become a star, but the chance is so low that I'd much rather trade him and let him become another team's gamble. And yes, every draft pick is a gamble, but gambling with a consensus first round QB and gambling with a FB that throws the ball is a big difference.
    What's the risk? Do you think Tebow will sink our season next year? Do you think any of the QBs we have are going to carry this team to the playoffs?

    There's NO risk to starting Tebow, because we aren't risking anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    And for the record, I think this is a very weak QB class. I don't think we should draft a QB. I'm not high on Gabbert, I rank Mallet as the top QB prospect and that isn't saying much. Newton is in the class of Tebow to me, but with less flaws.
    So if we shouldn't draft a quarterback, why not start Tebow. What's the risk? The only risk is to the egos of folks who've put themselves out there as saying Tebow can't win.

    Not saying you're in that camp, but there are plenty of people who obviously have a big emotional investment in Tebow's failure.

    I'm emotionally invested in his success, but it doesn't blind me to the fact that he might fail.

    I just hope he gets the chance to succeed here.

  10. #7990
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    100 Miles From Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Right. But either way, we have to wait and see, right? So...let's wait and see.
    Sure thing. As soon as you can get everyone on this board to agree, I'm in!

  11. #7991
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,814
    WOW I can not believe this thread has blown up as big as it has.

    it's time for my favorite picture to post ...


  12. #7992
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
    How is Tebow a an awful QB prospect. To me, he's a coaches wet dream.

    1. Work Ethic - You don't see too many young players come in and do everything they can to better themselves. He will go the extra mile to make sure he's the best at what he does. He doesn't ever give up. I'd take a Tebow over a Newton everyday, all the time.

    2. Skills - Tebow's skills are beyond what any other QB can do. He can make every throw and can run when he has to. His throwing mechanic may be different from your prototypical QB, but it really isn't that big of problem. If you ask me, it's just nitpicking to make it seem like Tebow isn't that great. That has been the only argument if ever that I've seen, that's it. Nothing else. If that's all, how do you justify that Phillip Rivers is any good then. If he can get it to a receiver with precision and power, there's nothing to worry about.

    3. Leadership - When if ever do you see a rookie come into the league and lead his team. Almost never. I don't ever remember a player coming into the league and all of his peers already look up to him.
    Work ethic isn't important at all. If me or you had an amazing work ethic, we still couldn't be NFL QBs. Talent > everything else.

    He lacks the skills to be an NFL QB. His ability to run is not an asset. It would be like a HB that can tackle really well. It doesn't benefit him at all as a HB, running doesn't benefit Tebow at all as a QB. Just the fact that people talk about making a game plan to fit Tebow's skill set shows that his skill set is not for the NFL.

    Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    Actually, no most fans don't act like that.
    They do. See the post I just responded to in this post. Many posters honestly feel his skill set makes him likely to succeed in the NFL. That's just not accurate.

    Most of us who are Tebow supporters make the very modest claim that Tebow could become at least a good starting QB, and possibly a star. And we think that given the QB situation, and the glaring needs we have elsewhere he's shown enough to warrant starting him.
    I have no problem with this except I don't think most Tebow supporters feel that way. Most of them actually think he should succeed.

    What's the risk? Do you think Tebow will sink our season next year? Do you think any of the QBs we have are going to carry this team to the playoffs?
    No argument here. I'd rather build a team around Orton than Tebow, but of course we're not going anywhere in the near future no matter who's playing QB. I'd have no problem with Tebow getting a chance, I'm expecting it to happen, I'd just personally rather him be traded and go with Orton.

    So if we shouldn't draft a quarterback, why not start Tebow. What's the risk? The only risk is to the egos of folks who've put themselves out there as saying Tebow can't win.
    There's no risk, I just think Orton is a much better QB. If he's not the future, we'll need to draft one next year.

    Not saying you're in that camp, but there are plenty of people who obviously have a big emotional investment in Tebow's failure.
    If Tebow is the Broncos' starter, I want him to succeed. I just don't see it happening.

  13. #7993
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    713
    Elway realizes that Tebow is an awful QB prospect because he isn't blindly optimistic or from Florida.

  14. #7994
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    100 Miles From Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Work ethic isn't important at all. If me or you had an amazing work ethic, we still couldn't be NFL QBs. Talent > everything else.

    He lacks the skills to be an NFL QB. His ability to run is not an asset. It would be like a HB that can tackle really well. It doesn't benefit him at all as a HB, running doesn't benefit Tebow at all as a QB. Just the fact that people talk about making a game plan to fit Tebow's skill set shows that his skill set is not for the NFL.

    They do. See the post I just responded to in this post. Many posters honestly feel his skill set makes him likely to succeed in the NFL. That's just not accurate.

    I have no problem with this except I don't think most Tebow supporters feel that way. Most of them actually think he should succeed.

    No argument here. I'd rather build a team around Orton than Tebow, but of course we're not going anywhere in the near future no matter who's playing QB. I'd have no problem with Tebow getting a chance, I'm expecting it to happen, I'd just personally rather him be traded and go with Orton.

    There's no risk, I just think Orton is a much better QB. If he's not the future, we'll need to draft one next year.

    If Tebow is the Broncos' starter, I want him to succeed. I just don't see it happening.
    Fair enough, for the most part. It'll all work out one way or the other...

    But you're wrong about work ethic not being important. No, it isn't sufficient, but it's often the difference between success and failure.

    Plenty of uber-talented athletes have failed because they thought talent alone was enough to succeed (Russell, for instance). And plenty of athletes who didn't grade out at the top of the scouting reports have succeeded because they outworked their competition (Tebow, perhaps).

    These days, you gotta have both. Sonny Jurgensen wouldn't last a half season in today's NFL. Tebow most definitely will not be outworked by anyone. Whether he has the talent remains to be seen.

  15. #7995
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Commerce City, CO
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Elway realizes that Tebow is an awful QB prospect because he isn't blindly optimistic or from Florida.
    Whoa whoa whoa! LOL I'm not on the Tebow bandwagon...I think he has much work to do however I don't believe Elway ever said Tebow was an "awful QB prospect".

    Elway did say Tebow was raw...now people can take that statement anywhere they want (good, bad, or indifferent). Elway has also said that he is not sure we have a Franchise QB on our Roster (directed to all QB's on our roster).

    Again anyone can take that how they want to...fact is Tebow is raw and may or may not be a Franchise QB. As a QB prospect coming out of college he is not the prototypical guy you want running an NFL offense but to say he is a awful QB prospect is going a little too far.

    Tebow was and to a certain extent is still a developmental QB. In some areas (primarily running the ball and making plays when the play breaks down) he excels. He needs to work on the fundamentals of being and NFL QB and who knows maybe one day he will be a pretty darn good NFL passer.

    Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.


    **Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •