View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

64 36.99%
Page 666 of 666 FirstFirst ... 166 566 616 656 664 665 666
Results 9,976 to 9,985 of 9985
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    That's horrible. It's a learning disability that might prevent Tebow from becoming a top quarterback. Nate Davis (drafted by the 49ers in 2009) is dyslexic and he was released because he could not absorb the playbook. He was labeled as a slow learner.

Singletary was disappointed with Davis' work ethic, but it's hard to tell if Davis really had lack of effort or if his dyslexia got in the way. After reading this is, I'm surprised by the fact that NFL people said Tebow is sharp on the board, and his Wonderlic score does not look that bad.

More than anyone else, Tebow will be hurt by today's "fast food football", or lack of patience by organizations. He needs to play in the same system and get a lot of reps. Too much change is already bad for any quarterback, and it will be even worse for Tebow.
    I don't think this is a concern for a couple of reasons.

There are several different types of ways to learn. Audio and visual are the ways that schools teach. That's why a lot of athletes don't do well in school. A lot of kids learn kinesthetically. They learn by doing, or while doing things. If their body is involved, they can learn it. That's just how Tebow is. He learns best by going through the repetitions and by actually playing games. That's a good thing.

As far as his dyslexia getting in the way, I don't think that will happen. I don't know what Nate Davis' grades were in college, but Tebow's grades were pretty good. This interview is from October of 2008, but it shows that he's found ways of dealing with his dyslexia.

You have a good G.P.A., right?

I have a 3.81 right now. Let’s see how I do this semester (laughs). But I mean, in the season, it’s not close as far as how much time between schoolwork and football. But in the off-season I’ll take harder classes and really study. And I do work hard at school, but not like I do during football season on football.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/200...-qa-tim-tebow/
    This site is 2009 and says Tebow had a 3.66 GPA.

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/athletes/tim_tebow/

Either way, that's a pretty good GPA. I didn't do that well, and I don't have dyslexia.

It's all about doing the work and getting the reps for Tebow. I think he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    It's helpful for another reason -- I'm reading Tebow's book now, and he says he's dyslexic like his father and one of his brothers. It said he absorbs plays like a sponge when you walk through them on the field. He says he doesn't absorb as quickly with printed material.

So it's a good exercise even if they have the 2011 playbook, practice running through the route trees that go with the various play calls.

Tebow is a player who tends to show exponential improvement with actually doing it.

Done properly, these sessions can be a combination of Tebow getting to practice his footwork, mechanics, and throwing, and also like an extended whiteboard session learning the plays.
    Nice insight, I haven't seen it this way but can relate to it. I'm kinda dislexic myself, it takes more time for me to get something I am only reading about rather than trying it...

either way if he's juts working out his throwing motion and drop back it's okay for me, at least he's working on something!
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

My brother and I were both diagnosed with severe dyslexia. I had a hard time learning to read, but once I ignored my teachers, and taught myself, I was on average four to five grades above my peers. My brother needed more professional support, but both of us have post graduate degrees (Computer Science, with a major in History for me, DD from Denver Seminary for him) that involve a lot of book learning.

It's different from person to person.

That's horrible. It's a learning disability that might prevent Tebow from becoming a top quarterback. Nate Davis (drafted by the 49ers in 2009) is dyslexic and he was released because he could not absorb the playbook. He was labeled as a slow learner.

Singletary was disappointed with Davis' work ethic, but it's hard to tell if Davis really had lack of effort or if his dyslexia got in the way. After reading this is, I'm surprised by the fact that NFL people said Tebow is sharp on the board, and his Wonderlic score does not look that bad.

More than anyone else, Tebow will be hurt by today's "fast food football", or lack of patience by organizations. He needs to play in the same system and get a lot of reps. Too much change is already bad for any quarterback, and it will be even worse for Tebow.
    I don't think it is as bad as it sounds.

I have a friend who is this way. For some reason when he seas it on paper he doesn't automatically see it like normal and he has had to retrain how he looks.

That said I went through school with him and while it took him longer because he was slower at the book end of it, he put in more time than most, he still got their same as the rest of us and did pretty well.

I will also say tha he is one of the brightest guys I know, When he does somehting new he only usually has to do it once and he figures it out and by the 2nd or 3rd time he's already figuring out a better way to do it.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

By the way thanks Jay3 for the insightful book quotes i'm enjoying them.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

But see, it can also be the other way around. I would be the other way around. With the books and papers, I would seem to have it cold. But out on the field, with everything happening in real time, I wouldn't connect it as well as Tebow does.

He memorizes football concepts and words well. He just needs to actually move out on the field.

Which, frankly, is a requirement anyway. No play is ready to go until it's been "installed" by running it to proficiency in practice.

And Tebow has an advantage -- past experience shows he yields great returns from investing in that field time instead of just doing a paperwork exercise.

Perhaps that's why he works so hard. He puts the extra effort in to overcome a disability.

It doesn't seem to have bothered him.

Some people give up. Some people work harder.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

why not work out with the rest of the team?

Smile Dyslexia

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    As far as his dyslexia getting in the way, I don't think that will happen. I don't know what Nate Davis' grades were in college, but Tebow's grades were pretty good. This interview is from October of 2008, but it shows that he's found ways of dealing with his dyslexia.
    I guess it could cause confusion between Santa and Satan.

Dog is my co-pilot.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Syvari View Post
    why not work out with the rest of the team?
    There is no place where "the rest of the team" are. Approximately 15 Broncos attended Dawkin's called workout the first week. That's not "the rest of the team," that's a slightly larger gathering.

And the Dawkins workouts do not include any football play drills, so to get that type of practice, the players would have to make their own arrangements. For example, Orton and Decker arranged to throw first thing in the morning, and then Orton left and did not attend the conditioning workout with the team.

So no matter how it slices, the quarterbacks and receivers have to make arrangements to be in the same city at the same time.

There's no end to the lockout in sight. So asking 50 guys to just convene in Denver for the indefinite future will not happen. They will need to schedule specific workouts with each other.