View Poll Results: Did you cry watching the Tebow documentary?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

    19 10.98%
  • Yes, at some point during the documentary

    29 16.76%
  • No, but inspired

    61 35.26%
  • No, are you kidding me. You lose man points.

    64 36.99%
Page 83 of 666 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 583 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 9985
  1. #1231
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,228
    I'm with you 100%. You can like Tebow but please be a Broncos fan first.

  2. #1232
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    I totally agree with you, people focus too much on players.

    Any amount of inspired speeches isn't going to change anything though, sorry to say it. The Te-bots will continue to rabidly defend their guy, and I'm starting to think the Luck supporters are only posting all that to rile up the Te-bots. Both of them are exceptional athletes with impressive college careers.

    Anyone who says either is going to be wildly successful is either A) a psychic, and wasting their time here, or B) massively speculating, because neither has proven anything at the pro level.

    It's a shame how little respect people have for each other. Not the people themselves even but their thoughts and ideas. Sucks. A bunch.
    I think that should be displayed before anyone posts another Luck/Tebow thread.
    Advocate: Pistol Formation

    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eddie Royal!

  3. #1233
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    2,036
    I have no bias toward either one..

    I do however have a bias for fielding a defense that can give up less than 30 PPG..

  4. #1234
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,310
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    With no CBA in place, the Panthers won't be able to sign him before the draft.
    In theory they could if they do it before March 3rd, but it would be very stupid. I agree it was just wishful thinking on my part.

  5. #1235
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    169
    I love Andrew Luck and i think 5-10 years down the road, statistically he will be ahead of Tebow as far as yardage, QB rating, completion percentage, etc. However, Tebow will have won more games. Its not always pretty, its not always kosher, but he'll find a way to win the game. Backed up against our own endzone withe 1:30 left to score a touchdown to win the game, give me Tebow over luck anyday. I think people are too concerned about the stats column and less concerned about the W-L column.

  6. #1236
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    I have never seen so many "player fans" on this forum. It's ridiculous.

    This is a place for Denver Broncos fans and what is best for the team, not player fetishes.

    Of course you are going to like some players more than others, I do too.

    But to carelessly denounce a player because he threatens the success of another isn't being a wise fan. Give credit where credit is due.

    I think Tebow CAN be a great quarterback.

    I think Luck WILL be a great quarterback.

    I'd rather stick with Tebow because his spectrum of talents is unmatched IMO. He just needs to put it all together.

    That said, I don't think it's a big deal if we pursue Luck.

    We might get a 2nd or 3rd out of Orton. If we were to draft Luck we could get a 2nd rounder for Tebow.

    We'd be left with lots of ammunition to draft Luck, move back into the 1st round for a defensive player, and still have a 2nd or two for more defensive help.
    I have been making this point for so long.


    It's about the Denver Broncos not any 1 player, period.

  7. #1237
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    In theory they could if they do it before March 3rd, but it would be very stupid. I agree it was just wishful thinking on my part.
    Well, they definitely could I guess as long as Luck declared himself eligible before hand.

    It would be kind of a blind signing, however. But stranger things have happened.

  8. #1238
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,606
    Well, a denver fan should care about the starting QB and have an opinion. It doesnt mean you are a player fan just because you think we should draft luck, or we should keep tebow, and just saying that you dont care which one starts doesnt mean you are a better fan than someone who does care.

    The truth is, we need defensive players. Continuing to switch out the QB position every couple of games is going to get us nowhere. We need to stick with the guy that we have invested in and give him a season to play and develop while we work on the defense. Tebow has given us a shot to win the last two games. We looked competitive even with a rookie in there. We can win if we just get a handle on this defense and stop allowing 30 points per game.

  9. #1239
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweet spot
    Posts
    550
    Despite the good intentions, this thread is quickly devolving into yet another Luck vs Tebow throwdown.

    Nice try though, IBTL

  10. #1240
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Dan Marino only had 87 yards rushing and 9 TDs in his whole career...what's your point? Is that Tebow can't throw the ball very well yet and needs to run instead?
    It means his running skills come in handy when you have the worst running game in the NFL.

  11. #1241
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,486
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtimebronco View Post
    I love Andrew Luck and i think 5-10 years down the road, statistically he will be ahead of Tebow as far as yardage, QB rating, completion percentage, etc. However, Tebow will have won more games. Its not always pretty, its not always kosher, but he'll find a way to win the game. Backed up against our own endzone withe 1:30 left to score a touchdown to win the game, give me Tebow over luck anyday. I think people are too concerned about the stats column and less concerned about the W-L column.
    Statistics aren't necessarily everything. But unless the Broncos wind up with a top-3 defense, recent history suggests that if Tebow isn't a top-rated passer and a top-yardage passer, the team won't be succcessful.

  12. #1242
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Denver.
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    I agree. With that being said all Luck threads belong in the College and HS section, all Tebow threads can go anywhere. Luck is not a Bronco and Tebow is.
    If the thread's about both of them they can fit in either of those two categories as well.

    That said, we have plenty of those already to.

    Help us out by reporting the dupe threads, please. When possible, try to include a link to the thread that it's a dupe of for us if you can. We'd appreciate that help as well.

  13. #1243
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I really hope that if Luck declares the Panthers sign him to a contract immediately, that way we can quit with the debate about trading Tebow and moving up.
    I guess that makes two of us. The new regime in Carolina will have zero loyalty to Clausen. The same can be said for our situation with Tebow, but we don't have the first pick of the draft either. Tebow has a tremendous upside as well. If Luck is pursued, that's great, but the new staff needs to focus on fixing the existing team and not chasing after a quarterback that will belong to someone else.

    EDIT: Forgot about the CBA. I guess there is no avoiding it.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 01-03-2011 at 10:20 PM.

  14. #1244
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,413
    drafting Luck will set us back, 3 more years that we can't afford to be set back. With a good defense, Tebow or Orton can win plenty of games for us.

  15. #1245
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Biddeford, Maine
    Posts
    502
    Thanks for the great post! I'm a life long Denver fan, but I live in New England too (Maine) and follow the Pats some. Even though I was always a Bronco fan, I got hooked following Tebow at Florida because he is mesmerizing. The guy may not have the best mechanics in the world, but he was arguably the best college football player ever. He is exactly that, a stud football player. I can't say he is the answer to our prayers in Denver, but I'm psyched!


    Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •