View Poll Results: What week will Orton be Benched in Favor of Tebow?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Preseason: He'll be traded before the year begins

22 37.29%
  • Weeks 1-4: He'll start slow and end up on the bench early

7 11.86%
  • Weeks 5-9: He'll start out well, but fade before mid-year

9 15.25%
  • Weeks 10-14: He'll keep Denver respectable, but fade after mid0year

4 6.78%
  • Weeks: 15 - 17: Orton get a long leash, but Denver needs to plan draft strategy for 2012

1 1.69%
  • Never: Orton will do well this year, and Tebow will gather rust

16 27.12%
Page 73 of 676 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 10127
    Would you like to guess at the choice words Lloyd has for you right now?
    [

Quote Originally Posted by jgod654 View Post
    Dont you think it depends on what we get in return? What if it was Haloti Ngata (not going to happen) or one of the top recieving TEs?

You all say "NOOO dont trade a good player away!!" well newsflash. To get a good player you need to give up one. And right now we need all the good players we can get on defence.
    If it's a Portis-Champ type thing, then I would be all for it.
    But what if DT goes down next year and we need a big guy who can make the type of catches Brandon makes.
    I will only trade Lloyd for: Revis, Levy, Delma, Ngata, just to name a few dream Broncos. actually if we throw in a 4th or 5th we can get both Levy and Delma.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    I hope we deal Orton for some value picks. I will be pissed if we trade B. Lloyd though.

WR 1 - B. Lloyd
    Slot - Royal
    WR2 - DT
    WR3 - Decker
    WR 4 - Gaffney

Thats how I hope it stacks up next year.....
    I Like it.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    Aside from Orton there are no players on this team that make all that much sense to trade.

You don't just make trades to make trades.
    Agreed. Hold onto Lloyd and everybody except Orton (D.J. is a very slight possibility) and build the team through the draft with the pieces we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    At some point we're going to run out of luck in terms of finding replacements for Pro Bowlers. We need to hold onto them. There is no reason to let go of Lloyd unless he demands a monster contract. Hold onto the guy.
    I'm down with giving him a new contract honestly. 5 mil a year sounds good to me. He produced quite a bit this year, but with the uncertainty of next year and his late blooming status I think that would be quite fair.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

I'd rather keep Lloyd, he's been phenominal this season.

As for Orton, good riddance.

Why would we trade DJ? Is he Patrick Willis? No...but he is a dang good LB and trading him would just create yet another hole.

Lloyd is different. We have a plethora of talented WR's like DT, Royal, Decker has potential and Gaffney is a proven vet.

I don't not like Lloyd but we could improve our team by adding a defensive player.

Lloyd's not going anywhere. He'd better not. Trade our best WR? mmph . . .

Orton, on the other hand, must go, IMO. The Broncos have two starting QBs,
    now, neither who is likely going to accept sitting on the bench at this point.
    Besides, Denver desperately needs draft choices, and as the OP demonstrated,
    they don't have a lot of places on the roster where they can go for them.

Keep an eye on Champ. The temptation might be too great . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    Done.

I posted the last post before seeing your warning.
    Thanks.

Closed for cleanup.

Edit:
    We just removed 20 posts in this thread and there are probably more we missed.

C'mon. Don't do that.

Call it a hunch...

I see it like this.

We have plenty of needs on defence, and we have to few picks. We simply need to gather more.

Then we look at our assets. We have extraordinary depth at three positions. QB, WR and RB.
    I snipped the most of this for brevity.

I guess I don't understand your logic.

You think we should trade away some of our best players because they are more valuable for draft picks that may not develop into players that will help us much.

That's what it sounds like to me. You seem to be advocating that we weaken our offense by getting rid of two of our best players so we can draft guys on defense that may or may not develop into really good players.

I don't see how our team gets better that way.

I can understand Orton in the sense that if the FO is determined to start Tebow, Orton is going to want out where he can start elsewhere rather than sit on the bench, and the Broncos will not want to pay Orton starter money to sit on the bench.

I don't understand giving up our best WR when he is also not a head case. Getting rid of Marshall with all the problems Marshall brought with him was a good decision. Getting rid of Lloyd doesn't seem like such a good decision to me. Lloyd brings lots of upside with almost no downside. Marshall gave us lots of upside but also with tons of downside. And we ended up using two draft picks to get guys who would hopefully be able to pick up some of Marshall's slack if Lloyd didn't work out.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

I think MIN might be willing enough to part with a 2nd. If chilly were still there, I'd say it would be a sure thing. If anybody were to do it though, it'll be MIN.

I'd be very happy with a 3rd
    Co-founders of the ORANGE RUSH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mopatt24 View Post
    I think MIN might be willing enough to part with a 2nd. If chilly were still there, I'd say it would be a sure thing. If anybody were to do it though, it'll be MIN.

I'd be very happy with a 3rd
    No way Minnesota or any team gives us a 2nd for Orton. They're aware that he has hit his ceiling, and won't amount to anything more than a game manager, or low-tier starter at best. Joe Webb has looked exceptionally good, so lets wait and see. I think a 3rd or 4th is the best we'd can get for Orton.

There's no reason to trade Lloyd. He's not a lockerroom headache, he's not asking for a huge contract, and he doesn't have off-field issues. He just makes spectacular catches all day long. That's a guy you keep.

I don't think you need to trade Orton either. He may not start, but he's an excellent insurance policy, and it's always good to have an established vet behind a young QB.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    There's no reason to trade Lloyd. He's not a lockerroom headache, he's not asking for a huge contract, and he doesn't have off-field issues. He just makes spectacular catches all day long. That's a guy you keep.

I don't think you need to trade Orton either. He may not start, but he's an excellent insurance policy, and it's always good to have an established vet behind a young QB.
    You do have to trade Orton. With the contract that he has, you'd think he's a starter but he's not. Backups shouldn't be getting paid $8 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Lloyd's not going anywhere. He'd better not. Trade our best WR? mmph . . .

Orton, on the other hand, must go, IMO. The Broncos have two starting QBs,
    now, neither who is likely going to accept sitting on the bench at this point.
    Besides, Denver desperately needs draft choices, and as the OP demonstrated,
    they don't have a lot of places on the roster where they can go for them.

Keep an eye on Champ. The temptation might be too great . . .

-----
    How are we going to get anything for Champ? He will be a FA unless we resign or franchise him...are you going for a sign and trade scenario? Unlikely...
    http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8982/sig.jpg

How are we going to get anything for Champ? He will be a FA unless we resign or franchise him...are you going for a sign and trade scenario? Unlikely...
    I would imagine he means a franchise and trade scenario.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.