View Poll Results: What week will Orton be Benched in Favor of Tebow?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Preseason: He'll be traded before the year begins

    22 37.29%
  • Weeks 1-4: He'll start slow and end up on the bench early

    7 11.86%
  • Weeks 5-9: He'll start out well, but fade before mid-year

    9 15.25%
  • Weeks 10-14: He'll keep Denver respectable, but fade after mid0year

    4 6.78%
  • Weeks: 15 - 17: Orton get a long leash, but Denver needs to plan draft strategy for 2012

    1 1.69%
  • Never: Orton will do well this year, and Tebow will gather rust

    16 27.12%
Page 225 of 676 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 10127
  1. #3361
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Annoying Bills Fans
    Posts
    4,563
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    So would you like Orton to be traded to a team that could contend or stay with a team in rebuilding mode?
    As a DENVER FAN, I want Orton to stay. His experience and ability at the QB position would help to drive ther re-build mode more rapidly.
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

  2. #3362
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    As a DENVER FAN, I want Orton to stay. His experience and ability at the QB position would help to drive ther re-build mode more rapidly.
    Aren't you a Bears fan.

    I thought you came on here because of Orton, just curious?

    And no, the team scored more points with Tebow, and played better overall as a team the last 3 games.

    Oakland game was close until the playcalling got conservative. Houston, down by 17, cameback and won 24-23. Orton wouldn't of came back.

    Almost a miracle comeback against SD.

    Tebow is the best way to go, give him the experience next year and let him go through the growing pains.

  3. #3363
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Annoying Bills Fans
    Posts
    4,563
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Aren't you a Bears fan.

    I thought you came on here because of Orton, just curious?
    Go up a few posts. I just explained this.

    And no, the team scored more points with Tebow, and played better overall as a team the last 3 games.
    Against teams that failed to make the playoffs in meaningless games. With key players finally recovered from pre-season injuries. Without McD's bone-headed, ego-driven playcalling. And no gamefilm of Tebow available for opposing DCs to analyse.

    Tebow is the best way to go, give him the experience next year and let him go through the growing pains.
    He's NOT READY for his on-field "growing pains" yet. He will benefit much more taking a season to correct his footwork, tighten up his throwing motion, etc. THEN he will be ready to learn on the field.

  4. #3364
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Go up a few posts. I just explained this.


    Against teams that failed to make the playoffs in meaningless games. With key players finally recovered from pre-season injuries. Without McD's bone-headed, ego-driven playcalling. And no gamefilm of Tebow available for opposing DCs to analyse.


    He's NOT READY for his on-field "growing pains" yet. He will benefit much more taking a season to correct his footwork, tighten up his throwing motion, etc. THEN he will be ready to learn on the field.
    Didn't see that when i posted.

    Still scored more points then Orton did, and the team was more competitive.

    We'll agree to disagree on this one, i and many others think Tebow needs to be the QB. We'll take the good and bad, and let him get game experience. Let him get all the #1 reps in practice, preseason, have more chemistry with the WR's.

  5. #3365
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ned Head
    Posts
    2,671
    Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    taking a season to correct his footwork, tighten up his throwing motion, etc. .
    I agree with this, I do think Tebow would benefit from this, but at the same time I think him being the starter next year would also benefit him. Now take in to consideration that Orton is in the last year of his contract, why would we risk letting Orton walk when we can get compensation now to help with the rebuilding?

    Thats my reasoning for trading Orton

  6. #3366
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Granada Nicaragua
    Posts
    9,168
    Page 34



    Wow

  7. #3367
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Annoying Bills Fans
    Posts
    4,563
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    I agree with this, I do think Tebow would benefit from this, but at the same time I think him being the starter next year would also benefit him. Now take in to consideration that Orton is in the last year of his contract, why would we risk letting Orton walk when we can get compensation now to help with the rebuilding?

    Thats my reasoning for trading Orton
    Because with the salary he's due next season with only one year left on his deal, Orton may well be "untradable" even though he's very desirable. At least for draft picks that would be of more value to Denver than keeping KO.

    Also, there is the CBA problem. Until there's a new agreement in place, players and coaches cannot have contact. Players cannot enter team facilities. While players can and undoubtedly will work out individually, there will be no minicamps, OTAs or Training Camps. So the team can't gel as a unit.

    That would seriously hamper any team that trades for Kyle to get him up to speed. But after 2 years as the starting QB on the Broncos, the mutual familiarity would let the Offense pick up a new playbook far more quickly on a shortened off-season schedule.

  8. #3368
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Have you not read any of my posts for the past 2 years? It's NEVER been a secret. I don't assume a different identity on message boards.

    I was born and raised in Chicago. The Bears have been my team for all of my life - I'm 50 yrs old now. I followed Orton here after the trade, admitting then (and many times since) that I am a Bears fan.

    After a while of being here as an Orton fan, the Broncos as a whole started to rub off on me. I became more than a "player-fan," I became a full-blown Broncos fan. Regardless of whether KO stays or goes, I'll remain a Broncos fan.

    But you never cared about "all the bs stats I pull out about KO and my opinion if he should start or not." My being a Bears fan (from the NFC, not much conflict of interest for me) has nothing to do with it. Just like the way you try to blow up any little thing about Orton into a reason to hate, you have found something to blow up as an excuse to hate me. Don't work too hard at it though. I couldn't care less what you think of me...
    Yeah dude, for the past two years i have woke up and said "what has neck beard posted today.."

    Im just surprised that after how much you stick up for him and how great it is for the broncos they aren't you favorite team. Just saying I expected that you had been a Broncos fan for a very long time. Sorry i dont' pay attention to everyones life story about how they became a Bronco fan on the boards. But really should you let the die hard Bronco fans decide whats best for the franchise? Just like you wouldn't want me to jump all over the Bears boards saying all kinds of things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Orange"]
    MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]


    [QUOTE=Jay3;3909374]Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.[/QUOTE]


  9. #3369
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, Cali
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I don't know, everything i've seen says that Orton is likely going to get dealt whenever the CBA is reached.

    Unless they want to have no fans at the game, then so be it. The fans want to see Tebow, not Orton.
    I would much rather see W's. If Orton gives us the better chance then hey, I'm all for it. I prefer Tebow getting the call though.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

  10. #3370
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    4,507
    Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Because with the salary he's due next season with only one year left on his deal, Orton may well be "untradable" even though he's very desirable. At least for draft picks that would be of more value to Denver than keeping KO.

    Also, there is the CBA problem. Until there's a new agreement in place, players and coaches cannot have contact. Players cannot enter team facilities. While players can and undoubtedly will work out individually, there will be no minicamps, OTAs or Training Camps. So the team can't gel as a unit.

    That would seriously hamper any team that trades for Kyle to get him up to speed. But after 2 years as the starting QB on the Broncos, the mutual familiarity would let the Offense pick up a new playbook far more quickly on a shortened off-season schedule.
    Fair points. But I'd rather have Tebow on because as ERoyal said the offense seems to actually, you know, CARE about winning. I'm sorry but Orton has this kind of mopey attitude when he comes out on the field. I don't think that's something that can be changed in OTA's, training camps, or anything else. Being a leader is just an inherent ability that a player has.

    Either you got it or you don't. Tebow has it. Orton has yet to show it in my opinion.

    "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

  11. #3371
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud View Post
    I would much rather see W's. If Orton gives us the better chance then hey, I'm all for it. I prefer Tebow getting the call though.
    He may give them a better chance, but i'd rather get something for Orton now before he walks next year.

  12. #3372
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Annoying Bills Fans
    Posts
    4,563
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moberg View Post
    Yeah dude, for the past two years i have woke up and said "what has neck beard posted today.."

    Im just surprised that after how much you stick up for him and how great it is for the broncos they aren't you favorite team. Just saying I expected that you had been a Broncos fan for a very long time. Sorry i dont' pay attention to everyones life story about how they became a Bronco fan on the boards. But really should you let the die hard Bronco fans decide whats best for the franchise? Just like you wouldn't want me to jump all over the Bears boards saying all kinds of things.
    Stop with the "I'm a REAL fan and you're NOT" nonsense.

    I could claim the same to all of the Cutler fans who followed him to the Bears Boards (and there were a lot) or the Tebow fans who came with him. I've been here longer so my opinion is automatically better. That's a non-argument and you know it.

    And the FANS don't get to "decide what's best for the franchise." That's up to the owner and the people he hires to run the team for him. You don't get a vote, just an opinion...
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

  13. #3373
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Page 34



    Wow
    He's still going strong, I guess...

  14. #3374
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Realism.
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Fair points. But I'd rather have Tebow on because as ERoyal said the offense seems to actually, you know, CARE about winning.
    What? This cannot be your argument. You aren't in the huddle, you don't know what kind of personal beefs these guys may have and the reasons they go public with certain comments. Besides, Eddie Royal has been on the missing persons list for 2 years now.

  15. #3375
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
    What? This cannot be your argument. You aren't in the huddle, you don't know what kind of personal beefs these guys may have and the reasons they go public with certain comments. Besides, Eddie Royal has been on the missing persons list for 2 years now.
    Pretty sure he was referring to the poster Eroyal, not Eddie Royal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •