View Poll Results: What week will Orton be Benched in Favor of Tebow?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Preseason: He'll be traded before the year begins

22 37.29%
  • Weeks 1-4: He'll start slow and end up on the bench early

7 11.86%
  • Weeks 5-9: He'll start out well, but fade before mid-year

9 15.25%
  • Weeks 10-14: He'll keep Denver respectable, but fade after mid0year

4 6.78%
  • Weeks: 15 - 17: Orton get a long leash, but Denver needs to plan draft strategy for 2012

1 1.69%
  • Never: Orton will do well this year, and Tebow will gather rust

16 27.12%
Page 239 of 676 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 10127
    I gotta say-I saw this coming. We know Tebow will outwork him in the offseason and TC but, will it be enough?. Fox loves his no frills veterans. He stuck by Delhome about 3 yrs beyond what he should've. Maybe he learned something, maybe he didn't. Giving Fox's past I kinda see KO out front for a little while, unfortunately.

I hope Fox enjoys the hot seat because he's gotta know it will get ugly fast if we aren't winning and KO is still starting in week 6. TT needs to improve quickly and convince Fox cuz I don't think I can stomach KO any more.
    "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Smokescreen! Yeah Orton you are the man in Febuary before the draft but in the end you could be had for a 2nd or even 3rd. Yeah I believe this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Well, if I had Direct TV and could afford Sunday ticket, I would get it.

Orton's not the only one on the team and, well, I'm a fan of the Broncos.

I watch them no matter who is under center.
    Amen!! Thankfully I live in Colorado, but if I didn't I would pay to watch my Broncos regardless of who takes the snap or who is receiving the ball afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike and scott on 1043 the fan are talking about this and they made a good point.

This shows other free agents in the NFL that the broncos are loyal to veteran players. The champ bailey shows this aswell.

If ko starts i will still be excited for the denver broncos

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I'm a HUGE Tebow fan, but I'll be fair here. If we can get a solid running game and a decent defense, then Orton will be just fine, however if we have neither then Tebow should be the starter because he has the mobility and intangibles to make us a litttle better than w/Orton.
    Do Tebow fans even know what is meant by the term, "intangible?" It's simply any trait, characteristic, or ability that you can't hang a number on. It's anything that isn't represented by a statistic. And there are a lot of "intangibles" which are important and Tebow isn't much good at. Things like mechanics, reading Defenses, going thru progressions, audibling, decision-making, etc. The only "intangibles" that I hear Tebow praised for is his running ability and work ethic. That sounds like a good RB...

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Do Tebow fans even know what is meant by the term, "intangible?" It's simply any trait, characteristic, or ability that you can't hang a number on. It's anything that isn't represented by a statistic. And there are a lot of "intangibles" which are important and Tebow isn't much good at. Things like mechanics, reading Defenses, going thru progressions, audibling, decision-making, etc. The only "intangibles" that I hear Tebow praised for is his running ability and work ethic. That sounds like a good RB...
    those things are all very much tangible

bash fail

Leadership is an intangible and very important one. Making players around u better is as well

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Then why aren't people talking about all the "intangibles" that Kyle Orton has? hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by rjent View Post
    I keep saying we are in a very good position. We have three QB's that are competitive. I know we all like Tebow, but I really don't think he is ready yet, I understand the throw him into the fire mentality and I agree with it somewhat, but I have said it before and I say it again here, Kyle is our best starter right now. Many teams would love to have the QB "problems" we have right now.

I think we all need to step back and let our coaches do their job. If Kyle is our starter, I for one, will support him 110%. But that is just the way I am.
    Many teams would love to have the QB situation we have?
    Why?
    Orton folds like an accordion under pressure...
    Tebow has little to no experience..
    Brady Quinn - well he just plain sucks...

I don't put too much into Fox saying Orton is the starter,,, he has to earn the spot like anyone else.

Oh and so is the clutch gene which TT has and orton does not

ah, the great QB debate of summer begins again! and altho we may have our own opinions about who will/deserves to start come sept, noone at this point can really make that call. five months is a LONG time and alot can happen...

imho, these blanket and controversial statements are just another way of getting a clip on sportscenter. this is a business above all else and statements at this point in the business game will keep denver on the media's radar. competing with NCAA basketball final four, and opening day of baseball is probably the hardest time for NFL franchises to get air time. i mean just look at this thread. already seven pages in the first few hours.

my biggest worry is that if orton feels he has clinched the #1, what motivation does he have during the off season to compete and stay in shape? he does not have the best track record for self motivation. then again, if he slacks and doesnt bring it at camp, tebow will have a distinct advantage. i guess thats a win/win for me personally

Calm down, Fox's statement really doesn't mean anything. He didn't say "Orton will be our starter when the season begins" or anything that definite; he said only that he considers Orton the starter RIGHT NOW--before the draft or training camp. That's a reasonable position--Orton has been the starter and there is no reason not to give him the incumbency title at this point. Fox never said they won't trade him or that Tebow isn't ready or anything like that; I'm sure it will be a fairly open competition in camp and Fox will be smart enough to put the best player under center when the games start--and nothing he said here limits his ability to do so. These statements really don't mean anything in the big picture.

Obviously, Fox is just trying to keep the trade value of the oil in Lybia.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

The HEAD COACH said that Orton is his guy, period.

Tebow won't see the field unless it is for injury.

I am so glad this is finally over.

Quote Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
    The HEAD COACH said that Orton is his guy, period.

Tebow won't see the field unless it is for injury.

I am so glad this is finally over.
    http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/0...back-is-orton/

“As far as I’m concerned, he’s under contract, and he’s our starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos,” Fox said.

But that status is written on a dry-erase board, not etched in granite.

“I can’t predict Week 1, you know what I mean? But that’s where we are today,” Fox said.

“I don’t think we’ll really figure it out until we start competing.”

“I’ve always believed that bringing competition is really important, I don’t care what position,” Fox said. “We’ll see.”

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607