View Poll Results: What week will Orton be Benched in Favor of Tebow?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Preseason: He'll be traded before the year begins

22 37.29%
  • Weeks 1-4: He'll start slow and end up on the bench early

7 11.86%
  • Weeks 5-9: He'll start out well, but fade before mid-year

9 15.25%
  • Weeks 10-14: He'll keep Denver respectable, but fade after mid0year

4 6.78%
  • Weeks: 15 - 17: Orton get a long leash, but Denver needs to plan draft strategy for 2012

1 1.69%
  • Never: Orton will do well this year, and Tebow will gather rust

16 27.12%
Page 279 of 676 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 10127

More Transparency

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinjax View Post
    I find it odd that if Elway and Fox dont want to go with Tebow that they keep saying less than wonderful things about him.. wouldnt they say how wonderful and amazing he played in those 3 games to up his trade value?
    I think the statements made by Mr. Elway are part of his dedication to being a more transparent organization. I don't read past what he actually said which is Tebow is raw and needs to develop. He never said he was not happy with Tebow and/or that he was thinking of moving him.

Too many people are in the all or nothing mode and forget that no matter how good the guy is coming out of college the best method is to work a QB into any system over time.

The FO will not trade him for anything less than a 1st round since that is what he was drafted as last year. I don't think there is any chance that he is going anywhere. Mr. Elway knows what the possibilities are with Tebow and is taking the smart route in waiting to see how he has and will develop!

Show Me!

Quote Originally Posted by blue diamond View Post
    Hope you are right but fox just said orton is the starter while multiple sources say tebows future lays elsewhere. Where ia woody paige now? I emailed him and legwold this week, silence. Leggy usually gets back to me, twice printed last season...
    You keep referring to MULTIPLE SOURCES, show me these sources and what they EXACTLY said, right now it is just hearsay and not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeandBluBlood View Post
    You keep referring to MULTIPLE SOURCES, show me these sources and what they EXACTLY said, right now it is just hearsay and not fact.
    In this day and age "multiple sources" could be 2 12-year-olds tapping on their keyboards from their parents' basement.

Quote Originally Posted by simplistickhaos View Post
    Yep, just ignore the rest of the post when yourself said to southstander that since Peter King had dinner with Elway, he has the inside track. But since Fox told the main media that Orton was the starter, but then later told an individual writer that it was still in the air, we must believe the main media comment, right? Contradicting yourself a little bit, aren't you?

C'mon man, at least Neckbeard's debates make sense.
    Elway isnt a member of the media, he is the VP his private thoughts hold a lot more water.

And BESIDES

Fox is trying to stop the media from running around with a "Fox thinks Tebow sucks story" just like they did with Elway.

NEITHER one of them want Tebow, they are just threading water making sure that they dont get a bunch of bad press because they dont want this kid starting.

I fully expect Orton to win the "QB battle" and Tebow to ride pine all 2011.

and to those that dont like when I bring them the truth... If Tebow plays this year and completes over 60% of his passes I'll leave this forum forever.

Too bad that won't happen!

Or.....

Quote Originally Posted by catsigater View Post
    In this day and age "multiple sources" could be 2 12-year-olds tapping on their keyboards from their parents' basement.
    It could be the poster that spammed himself with his own article in what he believes to be fact, making it multiple emails to himself or "sources"!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    1) FACT: These threads are getting old.

2) Refer to number 1
    LMAO!

Agree 100%!

Thx,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeandBluBlood View Post
    It could be the poster that spammed himself with his own article in what he believes to be fact, making it multiple emails to himself or "sources"!
    Its the voices in his head.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
    Elway isnt a member of the media, he is the VP his private thoughts hold a lot more water.

And BESIDES

Fox is trying to stop the media from running around with a "Fox thinks Tebow sucks story" just like they did with Elway.

NEITHER one of them want Tebow, they are just threading water making sure that they dont get a bunch of bad press because they dont want this kid starting.

I fully expect Orton to win the "QB battle" and Tebow to ride pine all 2011.

and to those that dont like when I bring them the truth... If Tebow plays this year and completes over 60% of his passes I'll leave this forum forever.

Too bad that won't happen!
    I was more implying how when Elway says something in private that refers to Tebow in the negative, it must be TRUE. But when Fox says something in private that may not be pro Orton, there is no way it can be true. That, bro, is contradicting yourself.

I am not a Tebownatic bud, I want what's best for the Broncos but I am willing to give the kid a chance unlike you.

Man, you guys back and forth with man crushes on KO and Tebow.

Anyway, I will admit and come clean, I much rather have Tebow as the starter next year.

I feel all the confusion, mixed words in the media [he said she said] is kind of the plan. It's a cover. I think, contrary to some reports, KO is on his way out. An if he is [well, if there is football], he is traded on draft day. It is my feeling the Broncos are trying to portray an image of solidness at the QB position, which we are..but are we?

My gut tells me when a guy like Champ resigns and speaks very highly [as other players have to] of Tebow and how great it was when he was under center, and the deep draft and need for more picks, and the price of signing these picks and KO IF he stayed and had a great year next year..

Idk, just my hunch KO is on the block, very quietly. But what the heck do I know. Honestly, what does anyone really know about this on here.

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Geez, the guy asks a theoretical question and everyone has to jump down his throat?

Can't you just say, "Well, if Bowlen, Elway, Zanders, and Fox all took some ecstacy and decided to trade Tebow, they could get a 2nd from Jacksonville or maybe Miami. Cleveland is hurting too and might give a 1st."?

Is that really so hard?

Or is everyone afraid that if they don't stomp out such heretical thinking on an insignificant little FAN BOARD that the idea might infect John Elway and he'll ship out TT under cover of darkness?

Guys, turn off the computers and get out of your Mom's basement. It's too dark down there anyway...
    These guys are hilarious.

They dont even want to entertain the thought out of fear they could somehow make it happen. But when it comes to other players they have the scenarios all typed out with "sources" and the like.

Things like that will never cease to amaze me.

Anyways if Fox likes Orton as much as it seems he does, then by all means you HAVE to trade Tebow. And I say to Jacksonville or Buffalo for whatever we can get.

Fox was asked by the media who the starting Denver Broncos QB was, and he said it was the incumbent Orton.

Thats all we needed to know for right now. It aint Tebow, so why just up and trade Orton?
    Cuz he kinda sucks when it counts the most
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_miller View Post
    346 post in 4 years, huh. enough said!
    What is your point? Are you saying he's ignorant because of how many times he posted on this one particular message board?

Maybe he has a job. Maybe he goes outside and plays golf once in awhile. You remember outside don't you?
    Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 03-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Fox was asked by the media who the starting Denver Broncos QB was, and he said it was the incumbent Orton.

Thats all we needed to know for right now. It aint Tebow, so why just up and trade Orton?
    You know the funny thing here, Imcumbent basically means that he holds the position right now. Which is kind of him saying the same thing that both Elway and Fox have said, If the season were to start today, Orton would be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Several problems with this post. 1.) Those so called strong sources you name of Tebow being traded turned out to be Michael Lombardi's own opinions. Nothing more.

2.) To land Luck we would have to fail so miserably next year that it would make me want to miss watching football at all. Luck is probablly going to be #1 overrall and there is no way in heck that we will draft him in less we lose all 16 games and if that's the case Elway and Fox should be fired.

3.) John Elway and Fox have had several pro-Tebow comments over the course of several months. They both believe in QB competition and if :orton: is the starter Tebow will sit and wait until he is ready. If :orton: is the better QB start him! If it's Tebow start him!! It's all about finding the best man for EVERY starting position. That's how football should be played.

NOW there's some problems with this post.

1. More than just Michael Lombardi have been reporting about this subject. Adam Schein and Rick Reilly have also been very reliable sources writing about this situation. Rick Reilly has been a life long fan and has covered this team as long as anybody else has.

2. Not true. If Jake Locker had come out last year, he would have been #1. THAT'S A FACT! Now look at what happened to his draft stock. Granted, I don't think Andrew Luck will make it past the first couple of picks next year, but that doesn't mean another QB will receive our interest in the 1st round.

3. Yes, there will be a competition. The problem with your statement is that Tebow won't be given another year to "develop". He either beats Orton this year or it'll be an inevitability that we will trade him down the line. I've heard enough of the "develop" crap. Either he's ready or he's not! Why should this new regime be stuck with the over-drafting mistake of the previous regime? It's a bad business move!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this sort of post came from a Linkin Park fan. Go figure
    RESTORE THE [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]ORANGE CRUSH!!!![/COLOR][/B]
    :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

This Post=FAIL

I just don't understand why people wouldn't want Tebow leading the franchise. He's a WINNER and a LEADER. What more could you want in a QB?