View Poll Results: What week will Orton be Benched in Favor of Tebow?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Preseason: He'll be traded before the year begins

22 37.29%
  • Weeks 1-4: He'll start slow and end up on the bench early

7 11.86%
  • Weeks 5-9: He'll start out well, but fade before mid-year

9 15.25%
  • Weeks 10-14: He'll keep Denver respectable, but fade after mid0year

4 6.78%
  • Weeks: 15 - 17: Orton get a long leash, but Denver needs to plan draft strategy for 2012

1 1.69%
  • Never: Orton will do well this year, and Tebow will gather rust

16 27.12%
Page 89 of 676 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 10127
    Kyle Orton is all for open competition at the QB position....as long as he's the winner lol.

He is definitely acting like a sourpuss about the situation. If he was more of a team player and less selfish he would have talked about how great it was that we were able to come back from 17 down for the first time in a decade.

Like others have said hopefully we can get a decent pick for him this offseason.
    thanks Freyaka

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    As Alastor mentioned, it was an awkward answer to a loaded question. It
    was a one-liner off the top. It was not a well thought out, prepared speech.
    I'm sure Kyle appreciates our telling him how to respond.

He should have more respect than that for us

-----
    As I and others mentioned, there was nothing 'loaded' about the question unless you are paranoid and pouting.

Kyle doesn't need to have any respect for me at all. But for the guy that backed up for him all year long and is now the starting quarterback for the same team he plays for and got them a win last week... I think he should have a bit more respect than 'no comment' with a weak justification that is obviously untrue.

:paper:

As Alastor mentioned, it was an awkward answer to a loaded question. It
    was a one-liner off the top. It was not a well thought out, prepared speech.
    I'm sure Kyle appreciates our telling him how to respond.

He should have more respect than that for us

-----
    I understand Alastor's perspective... but pro-athletes are asked loaded questions every day of the week.

If it was off the top of his head then he's clearly decided to add fuel to the fire...

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post
    I understand Alastor's perspective... but pro-athletes are asked loaded questions every day of the week.

If it was off the top of his head then he's clearly decided to add fuel to the fire...
    And just how was that little remark adding fuel, and to what fire?

It seems people here are blowing up the whole issue to something that it is not . . .

-----

I agree too, Ortons Yards plus a RB and TE that can get short yards and break a goalline defense and Orton is a deep playoff QB. I don't know why we drafted Tebow last year and got Quinn and Knowshon when we needed a defense last year too. Orton has several years in him and will do well wherever he goes, I hope we don't see him soon

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    His attitude is getting worse and worse.

Can't wait till he is no longer a Bronco.
    This. ^^
    _______

And just how was that little remark adding fuel, and to what fire?

It seems people here are blowing up the whole issue to something that it is not . . .

-----
    Well it's made news around here because usually a teammate comments on a fellow teammate's play. It indicates something.

Say that it's Brett Favre who had been replaced because of injury (funny thing--true story). I don't like the guy, personally, but you know he'd say "Well, ya know, Tebow played well out there. He's got a great work ethic and I'm trying to show 'em all I know out there to get it done."

You know he would.

The media would move on like nothing happened.

That's what Kyle should've done...

"Well, ya know, Tebow played well out there. He's got a great work ethic and I'm trying to show 'em all I know out there to get it done."

yeah, but... that would be an even greater lie.

EDIT: Cue high-scrivener in 3.....2......1......

Leave the yards and stats to fantasy football buffs. What Den needs right now is a franchise QB. Someone to spark the team when it's struggling or on an off day. Orton is not that man, time to press on :orton:

Well it's made news around here because usually a teammate comments on a fellow teammate's play. It indicates something.

Say that it's Brett Favre who had been replaced because of injury (funny thing--true story). I don't like the guy, personally, but you know he'd say "Well, ya know, Tebow played well out there. He's got a great work ethic and I'm trying to show 'em all I know out there to get it done."

You know he would.

The media would move on like nothing happened.

Sorry, you might know what Favre would say. I don't.

I do know that when Rodgers joined the Packers, Favre said he wasn't going
    to make any special effort to tutor or work with him . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
    Thanks! Tasty...

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The dude didn't have a problem earlier in the season talking about the running game. Pretty sure I remember a couple comments about how the team needs to run the ball better, isn't that talking about other players' play?
    Not really. To 'run the ball better' the onus is on the OL, RB's, and even the QB positions. With that comment (and I don't know what the exact wording was) he was not commenting on the play of an INDIVIDUAL. In fact, unless I am mistaken, I don't think he has ever commented about an individuals play.

Sorry, you might know what Favre would say. I don't.

I do know that when Rodgers joined the Packers, Favre said he wasn't going
    to make any special effort to tutor or work with him . . .

-----
    http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/...t-and-fav.html

"The Vikings still have hope Favre can return to play this season, possibly this week. Favre sounded a lot less hopeful on Thursday. He said he was excited to see what Joe Webb can do."

"I'm probably like most people. I'm excited to see (Webb)," Favre said. "I love his attitude, his personality. There's no doubt the guy is as talented as they come. Raw as a passer. He's probably more dangerous with his feet than he is with his arm."

Strangely familiar, huh?

"The Vikings still have hope Favre can return to play this season, possibly this week. Favre sounded a lot less hopeful on Thursday. He said he was excited to see what Joe Webb can do."

"I'm probably like most people. I'm excited to see (Webb)," Favre said. "I love his attitude, his personality. There's no doubt the guy is as talented as they come. Raw as a passer. He's probably more dangerous with his feet than he is with his arm."

Strangely familiar, huh?
    Well, it's easier for Favre to be complimentary than it is for Orton. Favre has already had his 15 minutes (or is it years?) of fame.

Strangely familiar, huh?
    Right. Favre is about done. He knows it.

I was talking about Favre's attitude toward Rodgers, when Favre wasn't done.

And you still don't know what Favre would have said here. You only know
    what he said there. Different circumstances all the way around.

-----