View Poll Results: What week will Orton be Benched in Favor of Tebow?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Preseason: He'll be traded before the year begins

22 37.29%
  • Weeks 1-4: He'll start slow and end up on the bench early

7 11.86%
  • Weeks 5-9: He'll start out well, but fade before mid-year

9 15.25%
  • Weeks 10-14: He'll keep Denver respectable, but fade after mid0year

4 6.78%
  • Weeks: 15 - 17: Orton get a long leash, but Denver needs to plan draft strategy for 2012

1 1.69%
  • Never: Orton will do well this year, and Tebow will gather rust

16 27.12%
Page 92 of 676 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 10127
    Quote Originally Posted by RockHard10 View Post
    Orton comes across as surly and bitter in his words and body language.
    It has nothing to do with being a competitor, not wanting to compliment his replacement. Give me a break. Dont just read his words.Look at the video and you will see what a jerk he is.
    That is a very subjective observation.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Make all the excuses you want for him. He hasn't won in the clutch this year when it mattered. He hasn't fulfilled his job description. End of story.
    what excuse did I make ? This thread was about Orton declining to talk about something he hasnt discussed in 2 years

As I said before some things you just cant hide here we are again .
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83

The best QB's would never let you get down by that many points in the first place. You think that Michael Vick *not playing injured* would let someone get that far behind without making a comeback? What about Tom Brady?
    Would you say that Elway is one of the all-time greats?

(You know where I'm going with this. Sure you want to proceed?)

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Would you say that Elway is one of the all-time greats?

(You know where I'm going with this. Sure you want to proceed?)

-----
    I like Joe Montana better or Dan Marino. Sure but the difference is John Elway had a terrible team that he lifted from the ground up. :orton: has a great offense that he went from the sky to the ground. Look what Tim's been able to do with our offense.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Look, you know I like Orton, too. But let's all discuss the issue and not the other posters, okay?

-----
    I was discussing the issues .

Orton hasnt discussed Tebow or any other qb on the team since he has been here the reporter knew that and tried to bait him.

He has never even in camp talked about any of the other qbs but now he would start analyzing Tebows play ?

Hes gave a press conference for months now every week where he talks about the opposing team but he has never once spoke about the play good or bad of a qb on the team besides himself .

Some things shouldnt need to be said or spelled out yet you have these same posters time and time again no matter how trivial the subject going out of there way to make up the most ridiculous things
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

I like Joe Montana better or Dan Marino. Sure but the difference is John Elway had a terrible team that he lifted from the ground up. :orton: has a great offense that he went from the sky to the ground. Look what Tim's been able to do with our offense.
    Orton had a great offense? Last place running game, and that was a great
    offense? It was a great passing team, to be sure, but great offense? I think
    not.

And Elway had a terrible team? This 2010 team had a last place running game
    AND a last place defense, and Oton did not have a terrible team?

But before I am accused of comparing Orton with Elway, you know what I was
    getting at. YOU made the claim that "the best QBs would never let you get
    down by that many points." Which is why I brought up Elway, because he is one
    of the best who ever played. And how do you think he arrived at 47 comeback
    wins in his career? Could it be because he was the QB when they got down
    to the other team . . . 47 times (not including the times he did NOT manage
    to get the comeback win)?

But your original comment was about how Orton played when down 14 points.
    I say again that he was down by 23 at the start of the 4th quarter in the
    St. Louis game, passed for three TDs and nearly pulled the game out . . . after
    being down 23 points.

That is how Kyle can play when more than 14 points down . . .

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 12-31-2010 at 08:37 PM.

not.

being down 23 points.

-----

-----
    Since we are comparing Orton to great QB's let's look at another all time great QB. Peyton Manning. With pretty much 0 run game from Joseph Addai and a meh defense he was able to still win. The best of QB's show what they are able to do when down by a lot and the best of QB's win the game. Tim Tebow a 2nd string rookie QB brought us back from 17 under and won the game. Besides St. Louis was one game compared to the tons of disasters that we've had from :orton:

Like the Raiders game. Like... the KC game. Like........the 49ers game. Like the San Fran game. Like the Arizona Cardinals game, like the Baltimore Ravens game. And on, and on. We have tons of footage to show how Orton reacts under high pressure. So please don't cherry pick one game against a team that barely made it into the PO's in a bad division.

not.

being down 23 points.

-----
    And it's 36-33, down by 3.

All we needed was 25-30 yds to get into FG range, what happens. Orton gets sacked, could of easily threw it away. Bad throws on that drive.

Week 1 against the Jags, need a TD to tie. INT, ballgame.

Week 3 against the Colts, FIVE trips into the redzone, surely we can get one TD, right, nope, not even one TD.

Week 6 against the Jets, overhiked snap, can't even fall on the ball, Jets recover, we lose.

Week 8 against the Niners, down by 8, need a TD, plenty of time. Horrible throw, INT, ballgame.

Already talked about the Rams game.

KC game as well, Kyle played horribly, 8-31, 106 yds, no TD's. He was clearly the reason we lose that game. Moreno played great, defense got some turnovers, and limited KC to 10 points.

No doubt in my mind we win at LEAST one of those games with Tebow at helm.

Simply put, Orton can't deliver in the clutch while Tebow in his 2nd career start lead this team down 17-0 at halftime.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 12-31-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Think Ortons Gonna Get Shafted

I have to start this by saying that I am not a big Tebow fan.Thought he was way way over rated in College and remains that way to me. That's in addition to not being ready to play pro ball. (Look at how he carried the ball on his t.d. run last week! thats "professional"?? Looked scary to me)
    Look at Ortons stats for the year. Look at the defense he had. Look at the COACH he had for christs sake! Think he's earned the starting spot for next season myself. Give HIM the chance to lose it. IMHO of course.

Since we are comparing Orton to great QB's let's look at another all time great QB. Peyton Manning. With pretty much 0 run game from Joseph Addai and a meh defense he was able to still win. The best of QB's show what they are able to do when down by a lot and the best of QB's win the game. Tim Tebow a 2nd string rookie QB brought us back from 17 under and won the game. Besides St. Louis was one game compared to the tons of disasters that we've had from :orton:

Like the Raiders game. Like... the KC game. Like........the 49ers game. Like the San Fran game. Like the Arizona Cardinals game, like the Baltimore Ravens game. And on, and on. We have tons of footage to show how Orton reacts under high pressure. So please don't cherry pick one game against a team that barely made it into the PO's in a bad division.
    Peyton Manning has played over 200 games Orton has played around 60 .

When manning was at around 60 games all people did was talk about how the Colts needed to get him a defense and more help .

At that stage of his career he had 1000 yard multi purpose back Edgerrin James in the backfield .

We have the Patriots game Cowboys game etc to also show how he reacts .

You are trying to make it seem as though the the pressure was not on in those games until the 4th quarter .

We had no running game at that time and the defense was reeling the only way we scored was if we threw a td pass and the only way we moved the ball was if we threw it and the defense knew that as well.

Thats pressure

From the start of the game until the end Even Rivers and Manning(Twice)have won games in which they didnt throw a single td pass .We couldnt come close to winning the first half of the season unless Orton threw at least two and to win we needed three .

Orton still has things he needs to improve on hes not perfect in any way but some of you have totally disregarded the facts

I didn't "cherry pick" one game. I mentioned a game. I can go down the list,
    too. Like the NE game last year. Like the Dallas game. Like the first SD game
    last year. Like the Eagles game (3 pt. loss, yes, but they were down by 17
    at the half). Like Tennessee.

And I don't know why you guys keep throwing up the KC and Cardinals
    games, when you know - or should know - that Kyle was playing with rib
    injuries. I don't know whether you have ever had a rib injury - I mean a real
    rib injury - but I have. It is hard even to breathe, let alone throw the ball.
    (To be honest, Kyle should not have played in those games, either.)

-----

Quote Originally Posted by KO8pectate View Post
    Peyton Manning has played over 200 games Orton has played around 60 .

When manning was at around 60 games all people did was talk about how the Colts needed to get him a defense and more help .

At that stage of his career he had 1000 yard multi purpose back Edgerrin James in the backfield .

We have the Patriots game Cowboys game etc to also show how he reacts .

You are trying to make it seem as though the the pressure was not on in those games until the 4th quarter .

We had no running game at that time and the defense was reeling the only way we scored was if we threw a td pass and the only way we moved the ball was if we threw it and the defense knew that as well.

Thats pressure

From the start of the game until the end Even Rivers and Manning(Twice)have won games in which they didnt throw a single td pass .We couldnt come close to winning the first half of the season unless Orton threw at least two and to win we needed three .

Orton still has things he needs to improve on hes not perfect in any way but some of you have totally disregarded the facts
    The difference between Peyton Manning and Kyle Orton is simple. One is a franchise SB winning, playoff winning, winner all around QB and one is a mediocre QB at best. We gave Kyle Orton a top defense and we had a top running game in 2009 and we still barely beat teams that went on to win one playoff game. Like the Cowboys.

Like TKH said you've ignored all the mistakes that Kyle Orton has made and supplanted them with memories that you choose to focus on. It's like Inception or something where you replace Kyle Orton with all the bad memories. Anyway I'm done with this thread. If you didn't watch the Baltimore game, the KC game, the Cardinals game, the San Francisco game, the Chargers game, the Colts game and on and on then I can't help you. I'm going to bow out of this thread politely while I still have my reputation behind me.

Happy new year and God Bless!!! :wave:

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    And it's 36-33, down by 3.
    All we needed was 25-30 yds to get into FG range, what happens. Orton gets sacked, could of easily threw it away. Bad throws on that drive.

He hit Graham right on the money on that drive but why did they have 30+ points to begin with

Week 1 against the Jags, need a TD to tie. INT, ballgame.

without a the defensive penalties its a tie game and we had momentum instead of needing a td and going for it on 4th down we kick the field goal and either tie or take the lead

Week 3 against the Colts, FIVE trips into the redzone, surely we can get one TD, right, nope, not even one TD.

thats where a running game comes into play . If you cant run it from one yard out its only going to get harder

Week 6 against the Jets, overhiked snap, can't even fall on the ball, Jets recover, we lose.

against the jets marched us down field with 5 minutes to go and scrambled for a first down which allowed us to kick the points that put us up 3 pts . Our defense allowed the 4th and 6 at midfield to be converted into a 1st and goal.

Week 8 against the Niners, down by 8, need a TD, plenty of time. Horrible throw, INT, ballgame.

Defense gave up a jumpball td to a 3rd string qb and we had points called back on penalties after shaking off the rib injury which is what he sitting out for now

Already talked about the Rams game.

KC game as well, Kyle played horribly, 8-31, 106 yds, no TD's. He was clearly the reason we lose that game. Moreno played great, defense got some turnovers, and limited KC to 10 points.

No doubt in my mind we win at LEAST one of those games with Tebow at helm.

Simply put, Orton can't deliver in the clutch while Tebow in his 2nd career start lead this team down 17-0 at halftime.

KC game was simply bad

If Orton couldve gotten any of the performance we got from Buck throughout the season we wouldve won more games. No RB stepped up like that all season in the pass catching game. It was Gaffney ,Lloyd ,Royal or bust all season . A 4th pass catcher (RB)totally changed how the defense could play us now imagine if we had a TE who could at least catch a few passes .

Orton still has to improve he made hsi share but in some of the examples youve given his arm and the passing game where the only reason we were in position to win those games to begin with .

The difference between Peyton Manning and Kyle Orton is simple. One is a franchise SB winning, playoff winning, winner all around QB and one is a mediocre QB at best. We gave Kyle Orton a top defense and we had a top running game in 2009 and we still barely beat teams that went on to win one playoff game. Like the Cowboys.
    what does barely mean ? We did win the game so why try and lesson it ? This is exactly what Im talking about I never compared Orton to manning only the situations that each was presented in .

but again when you hate him even the win becomes barely but you sure wont say we barely lost will you ?

Like TKH said you've ignored all the mistakes that Kyle Orton has made and supplanted them with memories that you choose to focus on. It's like Inception or something where you replace Kyle Orton with all the bad memories. Anyway I'm done with this thread. If you didn't watch the Baltimore game, the KC game, the Cardinals game, the San Francisco game, the Chargers game, the Colts game and on and on then I can't help you. I'm going to bow out of this thread politely while I still have my reputation behind me.

Happy new year and God Bless!!! :wave:
    Ive ignored nothing Orton has made plenty of mistakes bad throws and reads EVERY QB THAT HAS EVER PLAYED HAS . I saw all those games but we have certainly played more games than that so how come you didnt mention those ? Its because just as i said its not about discussing football honestly its about continuing the hate of one Kyle Orton .

Its amazing how I have yet to see any of you ever post one positive when comes to Ortons play even when presented with video or example but anyone who has backed Orton can point you out an instance where they thought he couldve mad a better throw or read or play .

Same ol same .

Quote Originally Posted by KO8pectate View Post
    because thats been his response for the past two years for every qb related question .He normally follows it with how he just focus on his own game.

Again the blind hate is ridiculous

[Kyle Orton] On getting QB Tom Brandstater ready to be the backup [last year]

"Yeah, he's got a lot of work to do. Unfortunately, he hasn't had a whole lot of repetitions during camp. Chris Simms and I have gotten most of them. So he's got a lot of work. But he's a smart kid and he's been paying attention all through meetings and making corrections off of what Chris and I have done. So he'll be ready to go."

I posted earlier in this thread that I didn't like the comment and I still don't. I'm not a KO hater and do appreciate the effort he has given the Broncos. That being said I don't think he is the guy to be the long term QB here. I'm officially on the Tebow bandwagon so go ahead and register my bias.

In my opinion all of this discussion of he meant this or that is just nonsense. Kyle's p'ed off about losing the starting the job to Tebow and it's a sore spot with him. I just wish he would have dug deep down and as a team captain given a few props to a teammate. I for one would feel the same if any other player had made the comment.

Whoever plays QB for the Broncos I'll have the same thought GO BRONCOS!! I want us to win and I'll be cheering no matter who is on the field (but I reserve the right to not like it).