View Poll Results: What week will Orton be Benched in Favor of Tebow?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Preseason: He'll be traded before the year begins

22 37.29%
  • Weeks 1-4: He'll start slow and end up on the bench early

7 11.86%
  • Weeks 5-9: He'll start out well, but fade before mid-year

9 15.25%
  • Weeks 10-14: He'll keep Denver respectable, but fade after mid0year

4 6.78%
  • Weeks: 15 - 17: Orton get a long leash, but Denver needs to plan draft strategy for 2012

1 1.69%
  • Never: Orton will do well this year, and Tebow will gather rust

16 27.12%
Page 35 of 676 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 535 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomTrooper View Post
    But... All KO5K does is win... well, sort of... ok, not really...

He's got some decent stats though, so maybe we'll squeeze a 3rd round pick out of Arizona for him.
    Then neckbeard signs up on the Cardinals boards? Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Well, if you actually read the post - I know you didn't in your haste to disagree with me - then you'd see that I was refuting "rocks" claim that Orton doesn't win games when he's injured. Sorry if I made that too complicated for you to follow...
    Yo...I posted some stuff up there you never responded to. I'll patiently wait my turn

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    Then neckbeard signs up on the Cardinals boards? Sounds good to me.
    He might look good in Miami too but it might be to hot to sport a neckbeard!

Well, if you actually read the post - I know you didn't in your haste to disagree with me - then you'd see that I was refuting "rocks" claim that Orton doesn't win games when he's injured. Sorry if I made that too complicated for you to follow...
    Well, you see . . . I haven't noticed your making posts personal toward others.
    You just stand up for what you believe. Then others turn and start reviling,
    flaming, and insulting you personally.

Naturally, I agree with you on Orton. But even if I didn't I would express my
    respect for you because you stick to the issues.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by soloking View Post
    He might look good in Miami too but it might be to hot to sport a neckbeard!
    As long as we get a pick or defensive player for him, I couldn't care less where he went (even the Raiders, because I don't think he's a real threat).
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

-----
    Or throwing THREE FREAKIN' TDs in the 4th Qtr against St Louis, because he couldn't squeeze a 4th out of such a crap Offense means Orton isn't "clutch?"

To be fair... He doesn't. He has a losing record as the Broncos QB.
    Forum "credibility" is the same as writing articles for "The Bleacher Report"

Why do people pin so much hope on an obvious journeyman player like Orton? I've never understood that. If he's a relative or a friend of yours it makes sense but otherwise it just keeps you from seeing the guy for what he is...a serviceable NFL QB but not a franchise guy who can elevate a team. I've got nothing against Kyle, have cheered for him as a Bronco and wish him the best but he's a guy who needs a great team around him to rack up the wins.

Possible landing spots for Orton

Cincinnati- Plamer hasn't looked right all season, maybe time to move on.

Minnesota- nice team needs a QB.

Arizona- has great WR's and no QB.

Miami- Chad Henne is well Chad Henne.

San Fran- has a good running game and nice o-line needs a QB.

Jacksonville- Could use some competition for Gerrard.

Oakland- Cambell is well Cambell

Seattle- Hasslebeck looks to be done, and Charlie has proven nothing.

Titans- If Fisher stays Young will go.

Carolina- Luck stays in school and they don't trust Jimmy.

Buffalo- I think Fitz is better then Orton.

Washington- Orton and Rex bring out the best..er...worst in each other again.

I'm sure we can get a least a 4 or 5th out of him.
    Last edited by soloking; 12-28-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Well, you see . . . I haven't noticed your making posts personal toward others.
    You just stand up for what you believe. Then others turn and start reviling,
    flaming, and insulting you personally.

-----
    I hope he does. What do you idiots know about me?

-----
    Am I missing something?

Neckbeard, if Orton is so willing to compete, why did he state that he feels he should be the starter next year if he is still here without competing with Tebow for the job. Before the season, he said that all players except for the likes of Peyton and Tom have to earn the job each year, but now that Tebow has shown signs of being very good, he just wants the job handed to him.

If he thinks he has the skills to beat out Tebow, why not just keep your mouth shut and compete for the job. He is afraid to compete because he knows in his heart, he will get beaten out by Tebow next year.

And I won't even go into the lack of leadership skills of Orton since it is way too easy to prove that is a moot point.

Heres to Tebow and the Broncos kicking some butt next year and Brady as our backup.
    Last edited by broncopuppy; 12-27-2010 at 02:58 PM.
    Remember the Drive January 11, 1987
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bone thrown at me during the Drive
    at Bar in Columbus Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Southtown View Post
    So what you're saying is he's a fast healer..........sorry man I couldn't resist.
    No. But if you google "high ankle sprain," I believe the very first site listed discusses treatment of a "high ankle sprain." IF the injury is "stable," then it goes in a cast for about 6 weeks and you rest it. If the injury is "unstable," then screws are surgically implanted. Kyle opted to continue playing football instead. Not a course of action that will aid in healing.

Seriously though, Big Ben did a faceplant through the front windshield of a moving Buick w/o a helmet, then had an appendectomy, and then started the season.
    Good for him. Big Ben is a tough guy. So what?
    A 1 year High-ankle sprain and a dislocated boo-boo finger do not = tough guy in my book. KO is probably a borderline starter/back-up in this league.
    My point was that Orton has played thru injuries and still won games. Your use of the phrase, "boo-boo" although amusing doesn't change that fact.

Before he was benched 2 weeks ago & before he was even a Denver Bronco he was riding the pine for "Cocaine Rex Grossman" in Chicago. Yes, Rex Grossman.
    Another over-hyped, first round pick, Gator QB - who he did beat out when allowed to compete with him.

It's kind to thank him for his time here, but I've never seen anything about him from Purdue --> Chicago --> Denver to ever write home about. He does have a preetty sweet haircut though!
    You mean Purdue, where Drew Brees went? Along with fellow SB MVP Len Dawson? Or HoFer Bob Griese?
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

interesting thread.

We could have excuses all day for our team and it's starting QB (whoever it may be ), but in the end, it's W's and L's that matter.

When the L's seriously outweigh the W's (3-10) then change is needed for the team, the organization, and the fans. Unfortunately this year, the change came with the QB (initially the HC but we won't go there).

For all Orton has done for this team and community, it has come to an end. We can argue about how well he's played for us, what circumstances he played under, how bad the team was he played with, but really what matters is those W's and L's.

And that's not a good thing for Orton.

No. But if you google "high ankle sprain," I believe the very first site listed discusses treatment of a "high ankle sprain." IF the injury is "stable," then it goes in a cast for about 6 weeks and you rest it. If the injury is "unstable," then screws are surgically implanted. Kyle opted to continue playing football instead. Not a course of action that will aid in healing.

Good for him. Big Ben is a tough guy. So what?

My point was that Orton has played thru injuries and still won games. Your use of the phrase, "boo-boo" although amusing doesn't change that fact.

Another over-hyped, first round pick, Gator QB - who he did beat out when allowed to compete with him.

You mean Purdue, where Drew Brees went? Along with fellow SB MVP Len Dawson? Or HoFer Bob Griese?
    What's the use of giving former Purdue players? I think Southtown was saying that he'd never seen anything from KO out of those three places.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofanfromia View Post
    interesting thread.

We could have excuses all day for our team and it's starting QB (whoever it may be ), but in the end, it's W's and L's that matter.

When the L's seriously outweigh the W's (3-10) then change is needed for the team, the organization, and the fans. Unfortunately this year, the change came with the QB (initially the HC but we won't go there).

For all Orton has done for this team and community, it has come to an end. We can argue about how well he's played for us, what circumstances he played under, how bad the team was he played with, but really what matters is those W's and L's.

And that's not a good thing for Orton.
    Don't use facts in this thread, there useless.