View Poll Results: Should the Broncos draft Andrew Luck if he decalres and is available at our pick?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 22.17%
  • No

179 77.83%
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
    I find it just funny reading through all the Tebowmaniacs comments. You have experts like Tod Mcshay, Trent Dilfer, John Gruden, Mel Kiper, Jaws, Sandy Clough and etc rave about Luck, but Tebowmaniacs say he will be a bust.

I think hardly anyone thinks Luck will be "a bust." But's it's an entirely different thing to be a sure thing, a can't miss franchise quarterback.

There's so much uncertainty as to whether any particular guy can be truly awesome at the NFL level -- the best you can do is compare to other prospects at a similar stage. But some of them end up having that extra spark that makes them winners at the NFL level, and some of them turn out to be David Carr's and Joey Harrington's.

I think the skeptics on Luck are more like "He's the best QB and player available right now. Let's stop there, and avoid the predictions that are never really a good idea."

Talking Of Course We Draft luck

I say yes we draft Luck and then use him as trade bait for picks and players! I believe in Tebow!

Our defense is ranked 31.
    We have a qb who has started 3 games and has done really good for a rookie.

YET people still want us to trade away our franchise (this years first and next years) for a guy that is 50/50 on being a bust? Let alone our defense will remain as bad as it was last year minus possibly champ bailey so even worse.....

What? really? CMON MAN

Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    I think hardly anyone thinks Luck will be "a bust." But's it's an entirely different thing to be a sure thing, a can't miss franchise quarterback.

There's so much uncertainty as to whether any particular guy can be truly awesome at the NFL level -- the best you can do is compare to other prospects at a similar stage. But some of them end up having that extra spark that makes them winners at the NFL level, and some of them turn out to be David Carr's and Joey Harrington's.

I think the skeptics on Luck are more like "He's the best QB and player available right now. Let's stop there, and avoid the predictions that are never really a good idea."
    Good post.

On the whole, I think you are right. However, there are definitely exceptions - all one has to do is skim through a few threads to start finding the snide "Andrew Leaf" and "Jamarcus Luck" comments that people seem to find amusing. While I think the general population of intelligent Tebow fans fall more into your line of thinking, there is no denying the tendency of many fans to sling mud at Andrew Luck in an attempt to solidify their view of Tebow as Denver's franchise QB.

Its a difficult situation for the front office to be in. Does Luck's high potential to be an elite and polished NFL QB outweigh Tebow's obvious grit, determination, and playmaking? Not to mention, the chance to land a young cornerstone for our ailing defense? On the whole, I think probably not. But as much as I like him there are still some questions surrounding Tebow as an NFL QB, so it is easy to understand how fans could become enamored with a player touted as a mobile Peyton Manning.

I'm glad its not my decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
    I find it just funny reading through all the Tebowmaniacs comments. You have experts like Tod Mcshay, Trent Dilfer, John Gruden, Mel Kiper, Jaws, Sandy Clough and etc rave about Luck, but Tebowmaniacs say he will be a bust.

You're making things up, nobody says he'll be a bust. I think he'll be a very good qb but its hilarious to read about he's such a guarantee to be an elite qb and turn around a franchise when the track record of number one picks is and will always be a crapshoot. Its stupid for people to want to trade for Luck which would not only cost us picks that we desperately need, but it would also mean us passing up the chance to drastically upgrade our D with the number 2 pick. Whats even more dumb is that we have a qb in Tebow that we a)spent a 1st rounder on b)traded several picks to get and c)played pretty damn well for a rookie qb. People keep trying to say "quit drinking the Tebow koolaid", well there's a great portion of posters here who need to quit with the Luck Koolaid!

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Pistons Fan View Post
    Good post.

On the whole, I think you are right. However, there are definitely exceptions - all one has to do is skim through a few threads to start finding the snide "Andrew Leaf" and "Jamarcus Luck" comments that people seem to find amusing. While I think the general population of intelligent Tebow fans fall more into your line of thinking, there is no denying the tendency of many fans to sling mud at Andrew Luck in an attempt to solidify their view of Tebow as Denver's franchise QB.

Its a difficult situation for the front office to be in. Does Luck's high potential to be an elite and polished NFL QB outweigh Tebow's obvious grit, determination, and playmaking? Not to mention, the chance to land a young cornerstone for our ailing defense? On the whole, I think probably not. But as much as I like him there are still some questions surrounding Tebow as an NFL QB, so it is easy to understand how fans could become enamored with a player touted as a mobile Peyton Manning.

I'm glad its not my decision to make.
    I agree those people are there, but if you cut through the limitations of language, I think they're trying to express that Luck is by no means a sure thing. And that all these predictions are raising the specter of Ryan Leaf -- who had no apparent weaknesses in college.

I can see the excitement for Luck. It's inevitable. He's the #1 overall pick (if he goes) and Denver has the #2 pick. But it will cost a king's ransom to outbid everyone, and yet another year will go by with no defense addressed.

You can forget about Andrew Luck...(Merged)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Was just about to post that. I am glad, now we can focus discussions on Tebow and put to bed the Luck talk.

im thinking about giving you CP just for lessening the # of Luck threads with this article. thank you.

He should just stay at school.
    ...capture it...remember it...

This should be stickied.
    Advocate: Pistol Formation

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eddie Royal!

The Panthers are hoping Stanford QB Andrew Luck will declare for the NFL draft

Now I know we don't need another Luck thread...but I have not yet seen anyone post this. Kinda goes along with what most have been saying. Carolina will draft Luck if he is available.

So it's doubtful we get the kid...

The Panthers are hoping Stanford QB Andrew Luck will declare for the NFL draft. If he does he's all theirs. "We're looking for someone that can be a top-flight player and hopefully make us a better team,"

Link

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

I wont completely forget about him. A couple of things could happen here. The panthers could be leaking this info so early to try and drive up the asking price for pick #1 in a trade. Also Luck could pull a Elway and say he doesn't want to play in Carolina. In which case Carolina will still draft him only to trade him, but that hurts there leverage a little.

Moral of this story? Anything can happen it is still too far out. I remember a few years ago when it was a given that the Texans were going to draft Reggie Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    He should just stay at school.
    Agreed. A Sophmore? C'mon now, he's no Lebron James.

THANK YOU!!

Go Carolina!!!!!