Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "The Drive"

"The Drive"

It's been 24 years since Elway led the broncos to a win to take us to playoffs! Just a good drive that showed heart by Elway and the Broncos. Hopefully we see that again soon!
    Last edited by vaballer23; 01-12-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Elways the greatest.

As you can see from my sig, I remember the drive very well and am looking forward to a bright future with Tebow at the helm of our offense.
    Remember the Drive January 11, 1987
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bone thrown at me during the Drive
    at Bar in Columbus Ohio

Watch it here Bronco fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypo-WhahYo

Not trying to be picky, but don't you mean 25 years?

I had to do the math a little bit, as I can't believe it's been that long already...

Quote Originally Posted by emac87 View Post
    Not trying to be picky, but don't you mean 25 years?

I had to do the math a little bit, as I can't believe it's been that long already...
    It's 24 years

Its the 24th scheffter tweeted it. I was gonna watch my broncos history DVD to celebrate but luckily someone posted a link so I don't have to

Quote Originally Posted by vaballer23 View Post
    It's been 15 years since Elway led the broncos to a win to take us to playoffs! Just a good drive that showed heart by Elway and the Broncos. Hopefully we see that again soon!
    Not only the drive but an even better day in history. I was born on the 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    It's 24 years
    Thanks. When i first read that it was like ..what ? I new something was wrong because i was 24 that year and now 48. I can only dream about being in my twenties

24 years ago. Hard to believe. The team should really do something special next year to honor the 25th...

I honestly think it's still the defining moment of Elway's career and the greatest moment in team history... even more so than the SB wins. I may be in the minority there- but IMHO SB's and SB heroes come and go... "The Drive" on the other hand is LEGENDARY and will never be forgotten.

There's just something about being 98 yards away in the cold mud down 7 on the road with an AFC Championship on the line and with thousands of blood-thirsty hostile fans jeering you and throwing stuff at you that a "corporate clean" Super Bowl atmosphere could never capture. It was an awesome feat...
    Last edited by Southern Bronco; 01-11-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    It's 24 years
    ok, NOW you're being picky!! but you're right.... it was 24. I was thinking of the season 86, not the playoff game which took place in 87.

But I was WAY closer than the OP.... Wish it were only 15 years ago. Damn grey hair on my chin, and I'm still young!

Quote Originally Posted by emac87 View Post
    ok, NOW you're being picky!! but you're right.... it was 24. I was thinking of the season 86, not the playoff game which took place in 87.

But I was WAY closer than the OP.... Wish it were only 15 years ago. Damn grey hair on my chin, and I'm still young!
    haha, I know when I watched the highlights I was thinking of how old the unis looked and the video was.

It's one of my earliest football memories. I was trying to explain it to one of the kids in the breakroom too young to have witnessed it, guess you just had to be there to really understand it's importance.

Somehow I don't think Elway will be leading a comeback drive any time soon. However, it would be cool if TT did it to the Brownies again.

Quote Originally Posted by ComoColorado View Post
    Somehow I don't think Elway will be leading a comeback drive any time soon. However, it would be cool if TT did it to the Brownies again.
    Not true.

We got the AFC West right where we want em.

I <3 this!

Please can we have Broncos football back?!
    CanDB adopted me. That makes me part Canadian, eh?