• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BroncoManiac_69
    First Year Fan 1974
    • Sep 2003

American Idol 2011

Can't believe season 10 is here.

Should be interesting to see how Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez do. Saw Tyler on Regis and Kelly yesterday and he seems excited about it. J-Lo should be a good judge.

Let the auditions begin!
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
  • thatkidhunt
    All-Pro
    • Aug 2007

I remember your previous Idol threads. ( I am pretty sure I posted in a few)

Please let me be 1st to post in this 1!!

I doubt I will watch, all the really horrible people will get played on the radio the next day

In my personal opinion, Jenifer Lopez has no buisness judging a singing contest. She can act and dance her booty off but singing? Ehhhh, not bueno.
    Last edited by thatkidhunt; 01-19-2011, 05:17 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
      First Year Fan 1974
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
      I remember your previous Idol threads. ( I am pretty sure I posted in a few)

Please let me be 1st to post in this 1!!

I doubt I will watch, all the really horrible people will get played on the radio the next day

In my personal opinion, Jenifer Lopez has no buisness judging a singing contest. She can act and dance her booty off but singing? Ehhhh, not bueno.
      Yeah, I've started Idol threads the last 3 years I think.

Lopez seemed generally honest in what few commercials I saw so I guess we'll see how it goes with her.

Randy will have to play the bad dog this year.

sigpic

Comment

• thatkidhunt
        All-Pro
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        Yeah, I've started Idol threads the last 3 years I think.

Lopez seemed generally honest in what few commercials I saw so I guess we'll see how it goes with her.

Randy will have to play the bad dog this year.
        You may be right Joe, I'll tune in after the Suns game and see what I think.

Plus I will follow the thread.
        sigpic

Comment

• Snapping Turtle
          All-Pro
          • Apr 2006

Woo hoo!!!
          ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

• Skywalker
            Jedi Knight
            • Jun 2005

You're kidding right? Jlo has a good voice and has had a successful music career.

I'm really excited to watch her this year. She seems like she'll be a cross between Paula and Simon, as in she'll be nice but she'll also be critical and honest because she knows that if she isn't then that never helps out the contestants.
            sigpic

Comment

• Skywalker
              Jedi Knight
              • Jun 2005

Yeah, I'm kind of loving this new judging panel.

Jlo is nice, but also says no and is honest when she needs to be. Tyler is so weird but interesting and he knows what he's talking about, and even Randy is decent, it's like the other two bring out the best in him.
              sigpic

Comment

• thatkidhunt
                All-Pro
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                You're kidding right? Jlo has a good voice and has had a successful music career.

I'm really excited to watch her this year. She seems like she'll be a cross between Paula and Simon, as in she'll be nice but she'll also be critical and honest because she knows that if she isn't then that never helps out the contestants.
                Nope not kidding, many think that her voice is below average.

I am not saying that she hasn't been successful, I am just saying that shes not that great of a singer.

Randy Jackson was on the radio this morning saying that he would give Lopez a 7 out of 10 rating on her voice and I though that was being a little generous.

Her voice sounds very average in many of her songs IMO.
                sigpic

Comment

• xX-Bronco-Xx
                  Is this the real life?
                  • Jul 2005

Well...... This episode sucked.

Even the final guy in a 2 hour premiere wasn't even amazing.

It feels like all they showed was average 16 year old kids.

Steven Tyler was cool but also sort of creepy in some instances. Jlo seemed too nice for her own good. The beginning weeks are going to be soooo boring without Simon ripping apart the clowns.

Comment

• thatkidhunt
                    All-Pro
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                    Well...... This episode sucked.

Even the final guy in a 2 hour premiere wasn't even amazing.

It feels like all they showed was average 16 year old kids.

Steven Tyler was cool but also sort of creepy in some instances. Jlo seemed too nice for her own good. The beginning weeks are going to be soooo boring without Simon ripping apart the clowns.
                    That 15 yr old girl at the beginning with the dark hair had one of the better voices.
                    sigpic

Comment

• xX-Bronco-Xx
                      Is this the real life?
                      • Jul 2005

That 15 yr old girl at the beginning with the dark hair had one of the better voices.
                      I only remember the Asian guy singing Miley Cyrus. It was the best version I've heard in a long time.

Comment

• xX-Bronco-Xx
                        Is this the real life?
                        • Jul 2005

My theory for this show is that X Factor will emerge as Idol's downfall and that with Simon being one of the judges more people will turn in just for him.

I loved the X Factor UK version from last year and can't wait for this one. Basically the contestants after the silly beginning weeks get mentored by one of the judges so that the songs they pick will rightly suit their style. Instead of it being contestants picking terrible songs for themselves every week.

Plus it's going to be on Fox.

Comment

• thatkidhunt
                          All-Pro
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                          I only remember the Asian guy singing Miley Cyrus. It was the best version I've heard in a long time.
                          Oh yea, I am on delay cause we taped it while I watched the Suns game.

There were 3 or 4 good girl singers.

And yes, the Asian singing Miley Cyrus was epic, I watched it multiple times and a ton!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
                            First Year Fan 1974
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
                            Woo hoo!!!
                            Originally posted by Skywalker View Post

Hey To my favorite Idol fans!!

Our episode just ended.

I thought Steven Tyler was very humorous and a good addition to the panel.

As they teased JLo about having it hard to say "no" she is going to come around methinks. She will be the softer "Paula" side of things.

I thought we saw some good potential tonight and I agree with the focus on the youngsters.

We move on to New Orleans tomorrow and THAT should be interesting with the costumes that city is known for. We are big fans of the show in this house and look forward to see how this season progresses.
                            Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 01-19-2011, 08:18 PM.

sigpic

Comment

• Biggregb
                              Starter
                              • Feb 2009

First off I can't believe I'm actually posting in the Idol thread and admitting that I watch it. But here I am.
                              Second, I can't believe it is in its tenth season! When it first started my wife and I had just moved in together. Now almost ten years and two kids later its still going strong and so are we!
                              Finally I just have to say J-Lo is still smokin hot! Thank you producers! It's even more of a reason to tune in. Here is how the conversation went... My wife-"Babe, I want to watch American Idol tonight. It's the first episode of the new season and they have new judges, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler."... Me-"Uhhh OK!"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X