Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft him!

52 37.68%
  • Don't draft. He is not worth #2, but is a Top 10 talent

4 2.90%
  • Don't draft. We have bigger needs at DT/DE

59 42.75%
  • Don't draft. He is overrated and belongs way later.

1 0.72%
  • Draft only if Fairley is gone.

22 15.94%
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Why not to draft Patrick Peterson? POLL

Just curious as to everyone's opinions
    I'm Cal-I

because hes a corner . . . pretty much sums it up for me
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    because hes a corner . . . pretty much sums it up for me
    QFT.

One great CB rarely makes that big of a difference in winning or losing a game. Champ proves that.

You take a CB first when a CB is that last piece of the puzzle to your D.

And if that's all you need to push you over the edge, you're probably picking 20th or later.

If you're picking in the top 5, you have much bigger problems than needing freaking Defensive Back.
    Sick avy by Blondie79

DAreus, fairley or jordan are our choises in our spot this draft

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    DAreus, fairley or jordan are our choises in our spot this draft
    If we took Dareus or Jordan at #2 I would cry.

Sig by Blondie79

There just isn't a scenario in my head that I can work out that I take PP in the 1st round. There are just far to many needs on this team and way to many more players that can help us. Now I would support taking him with one of our 2nd round picks if he lasted that far. As for the people that are yapping about him being "a once every 10 year CB". For the record those come out every year. Every year people are saying that whoever is the best at a certain position is "the best in the last decade. So enough with that. He is the best right now, which means nothing cause he might be 4th best come draft day
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    If we took a defensive back at 2, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Me too, but the tears would quickly be offset by rage and the chance of me running on stage and punching xanders in the face.

Yeah, cameron jordan at 2 would be one of the all time biggest draft reaches, though I do really like him

I will bet my car we don't take Cameron Jordan at #2. Any takers?

I'd only draft him if we re-signed Champ, otherwise we're back to square one.

If we can drop back 4-7 picks then yes Ild take Dareus or Jordan mostly the latter. At #2 is a giant reach but if we cant trade back and thats a big likely if, its better then reaching for an overrated not needed cover corner. Ild rather take Smith if his speed checks out.

People really must think Peterson is the best corner ever since they are willing to make him the highest drafted Corner in history there is a good reason only 3 CB's have ever gone in the top 5 having an elite corner can be overrated if you have bigger needs and most the teams that land that high have O-line or D-line needs. We would be officially the dumbest franchise n history to wait this opportunity on a CB that may not even be ready for 3 years.

Essentially what we are drafting is a kick returner at #2 his technique is awful hes cant jam and gets goated easily. In the end he is not ready to start. He is drafted as high as he is because of speed and height. I dont see him much different then Hall yeah he will give you some INT's but it wont compare to the overall TD's he will allow.

Ild take him at #7 honestly but not before that
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 02-04-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Fairly will be gone at two and we don't need bowers we have doom and ayers its down to peterson at two jordan/darus later which we might not get any takers to trade with. You need to resign champ then get peterson best tandom

Quote Originally Posted by turtle18 View Post
    Just curious as to everyone's opinions
    Charles, McFadden and Matthews hope we draft a CB at 2. They can run the draft pick over on the way to the endzone, again and again.

Fairley- kind of dirty and nasty, we need that on this squad of creampuffs turnstyles.
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

I personally feel Patrick Peterson is overrated. There is no way in hell he warrants the second pick in the draft. The only reason he is even considered going that high is because of the lack of upper echelon skill players in this draft.

Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson are the only two CB's I have watched in College that have deserved to go in the top 5....and that is because they were playmakers on both sides of the field. Yes I know, Peterson returned punts...so did Champ and Woodson, and they also played WR.

I have always enjoyed watching the CB position in college football. That's the position I played in High School, therefore I'm partial to CB's.

Patrick Peterson has not impressed me that much at all. Is he the best CB in this draft? Barely. When I watch him, I see Antrel Rolle. A top 10 pick that can play CB or S, but more likely will be a S. He is great in jump ball situations, and very physical in bump coverage. I just don't see him lasting at CB on the outside for the duration of his career. Malcolm Jenkins is another one that comes to mind for tweeners in the secondary.

I think many people have listened too the hype so much, that they have built a player in their imagination rather than seeing what he really is in the real world. Would I want his versatility on my team?...hell yes. I think he is going to be a great player. I just don't think he is going to be a shut down corner...and that is the ONLY reason you should draft a CB at number 2. In fact, you should't even draft a CB at number 2 unless they have shown they are WITHOUT question the best CB in college football, and can transfer those abilities over to the NFL.

Like I said above, I have only witnessed 2 CB's that have warranted a top 5 selection. Champ Bailey(7) and Charles Woodson(4). I am to young to have seen Deion Sanders(5) in college and to remember the hype that surrounded him coming out of college.

If we trade down from number 2(which we can't and won't due to the lack of upper echelon skill positions in this draft), then I can see us taking him. But there are so many 7-15 Defensive Linemen in that range that we need more(Dareus, Watt, Jordan).

In conclusion, I would have voted no for MANY reasons with the current state of the Denver Broncos.

I am still baffled by how many people are infatuated by Peterson.