Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Good luck to Shannon Sharpe

Hope he deservedly gets into the Hall tonight!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

It's gonna be really, really, really stupid if he doesn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbutk View Post
    Hope he deservedly gets into the Hall tonight!

If Shannon doesn't make it this year, respect for the hall would be diminished (by me at least). The ever-changing requirements, emotional votes and the undeniable ability to influence outcomes of particular candidates have relegated this once-revered and honored process to something that feels more like a mid-term political election cycle.

There are great players in this league, in it's gloried history, that will NOT make the HOF. I understand this completely, and I embrace it. To earn that ring, by their own qualifications, a player must not only consistently excel, but have an impact such that the game itself has changed. That impact is not just 'felt' during their playing years, but realized after they left in how other teams plan, play, draft and coordinate. A HOF'er should have impressive stats, recording-breaking stats, they should (IMO) have rare abilities to raise their game when needed most, which can and should obviously manifest in playoff and championship games.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but for God's sake, how in the hell does SS not meet and greatly exceed every single qualification and expectation to be considered one of the greatest ever? (except for the fact he played in the wrong zipcode I guess).

p.s., i wont bother regurgitating stats and milestones here, but suffice to say, he left the game with with 3 rings and ZERO unfulfilled qualities of the greatest ever in his generation.
    Last edited by trmcmichael; 02-05-2011 at 03:02 PM.

I agree Sharpe deserves it more, but I bet we'll see Sanders and Faulk and Denver gets snubbed again.

the hall has lost alot of respect for me in that a guy like terrell davis isnt in but gayle sayers is. you can compare the stats its not even close. and i think gayle should be in, but so should terrell. and now shannon has waited 2 years already...... thats a joke..so what ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sharpe retired with all the records a TE could have.

He got three rings with running teams.

The fact he is not in the HoF now shows me just how much of a joke the process is.

If he does not get in today I will forsake all hope I have in the HoF process.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by broncobuss View Post
    the hall has lost alot of respect for me in that a guy like terrell davis isnt in but gayle sayers is. you can compare the stats its not even close. and i think gayle should be in, but so should terrell. and now shannon has waited 2 years already...... thats a joke..so what ever.
    Sayers is 'universally' accepted as a great great player despite his unfortunate and premature injury prone end. In EVERY category, TD is and should be considered no differently. The question is why. The answer is obvious, he played in the wrong zipcode. The hall is becoming a farce, a shrine to particular teams and/or players who made impacts with those teams.

I was sure Shannon was going to be a first-ballot inductee, but I was wrong. I can't see how they could pass him over a third straight year, but hey, they ignored Floyd for 30 years, so anything's possible.

I just think it's ridiculous that a team that was one of the original NFL teams, and has been to 5 Super Bowls, only has 3 players in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I just think it's ridiculous that a team that was one of the original NFL teams, and has been to 5 Super Bowls, only has 3 players in the HOF.
    Yeah, if we were the (insert big media market city) Broncos, we would have our own wing.

I'm sure you meant to say "original AFL teams" and "6 Super Bowls"...

Sharpe deserves to be in the Hall already and he will get there but I doubt it happens this season. With Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders, Jerome Bettis, Willie Roaf, & Curtis Martin all eligible for the first time. I think the first 4 go in this year for sure. Sharpe could go ahead of Martin but Curtis has the NY & Boston media in his corner. Add to that 2 other players that should already be inducted in Chris Carter and Richard Dent coupled by the Halls limit of 5 players and it sure doesnt look good for Shannon this year.

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

I just think it's ridiculous that a team that was one of the original AFL teams, and has been to 6 Super Bowls, only has 3 players in the HOF.
    Since 1984 only the 49ers have won more football games then the Broncos...either Ellis or Xanders said that in a recent interview.

Just shows the HoF is about the media.

Buffalo went to 4 straight Super Bowl and imo have allot of players on those teams that should be considered for the HoF.

Denver went to 3 Super Bowls in 4 years pretty much riding a defense and franchise QB each time and yet none of those defenders are in the HoF.

The media for the most part ignores the small market teams and the HoF is media controlled.

Have not herd is spoken but I think the fact that the Super Bowl was won by the NFC for 14 years in a row effects some voters as well.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

My only real concern here is ... when would the NFL let us have BTB enshrinees.

In the SI article this year where they broke down the inability for TE's to make it in the hall and Tony Gonzales felt concerned for himself having seen Shannon get the snub last time around, I've had the feeling it has to happen this year.

Good Luck Shannon, it's long overdue.
    2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by 80stheman View Post
    I'm sure you meant to say "original AFL teams" and "6 Super Bowls"...

Yeah for some reason I always say 5 Super Bowls because those are how many we went to with Elway... I always forget the first one against the Cowboys

And yes NFL/AFL whatever...