Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lloyd robbed of award

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Brandon Lloyd deserved it more in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post

Disagree! I think Lloyd had an amazing season but for a guy to go from Pro Bowler to prison to finishing 2nd in the MVP voting should get the Comeback Player Of The Year award!

to B-Lloyd though!

I disagree.

People forget Vick wasn't even the starter going into the first two games.

Here's a man who has paid his dues. He has earned this award.

Really? This was pretty much a slam dunk. Vick was a good and exciting player who came back from 2 years in prison to compete for an MVP award and take his team to the playoffs.

I love Lloyd, but what did he come back from? Slacking off for 8 years?

Sig by Blondie79

Well I like Lloyd and loved what he did this season but I think Vick deserved this award.

Seriously, with all that Vick has been through, and the season he put together this year, you dont think he deserved it? I love me some Brandon Lloyd, but still, nobody deserves that more then MV7

I'm one of the biggest homers around and even I gotta say Vick deserved it

B Lloyd had a heck of a year. But Vick definitely deserves the award. Took over the starting role, let his team to the playoffs and made the Pro Bowl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

why was welker on this list?

Coming back from injury^^

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    Coming back from injury^^
    I know he was injured but the point is he played the entire season & got hurt the final week, i just figured this was for players that missed some or all the year or had other circumstances.

Well, Lloyd would be my pick also, but i understand why Vick got it, Vick before he went to prison was a huge cash cow for the NFL , since he got out, the NFL has been doing everything it can to repair his image and get him back to the popularity that he had before, pairing him up with the beloved and respected man of god Tony Dungy, the countless charity works, easing him back into the NFL as a backup then finally a starter again after paying his dues holding the clip board , and looking at his jersey sales this past season id say he is there, so the NFL giving him this award is just more positive PR for a guy that makes them alot of money....its good buisness for them.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I think Lloyd deserved to be on the list more then most of the people who got votes but Vick deserved the award...he was in jail for over a year man.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Vick had a great year, but Lloyd was literally a no-name throughout the league prior to this season. Now he's on sportscenter every Monday making plays and leading the NFL in reception yards. Maybe I'm thinking more along the lines of "Breakout Player of the Year", but I still think Lloyd deserved it. I am a huge homer though for sure.

Mainly I don't like the fact that Vick had a transition year to help him come back into the league. If he put up stats like this in his first year back after jail I'd say he would get the award hands down. I don't know, I'm just pro-broncos biased I guess.
    Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 02-05-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I think Lloyd deserved to be on the list more then most of the people who got votes but Vick deserved the award...he was in jail for over a year man.
    Does it really matter that he was in jail? It was his own fault he was in there. The only thing that should matter is that he was away from the game for 2 years, the added fact of him being in prison has little relevance in my opinion.