Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gpholmes View Post
    Yeah lol, some people want this to be like pee wee football where everybody gets a trophy
    Everyone gets trophies in peewee?! WTH! I never got one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier96B View Post
    i also took a crap and it was orange

if you seriously believe llyod believes comback player of the year award OVER vick you are crazy
    -------

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    if you seriously believe llyod believes comback player of the year award OVER vick you are crazy
    This

People need to stop DRiding their own team just beacuse its their team

Homer, Orange Colored Glasses, whatever you call it, its annoying

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    . I love how he goes airborne to fight for every ball.
    except when he's in the pro bowl right?

That being said, Lloyd should have at least garnered some votes but wasn't even nominated. Yet Blount is a rookie, and not coming back from anything gets a vote? Not sure I understand the logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    Yeah, I didn't watch much of the Pro Bowl, but I doubt if any of the players were going 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post
    I disagree.

People forget Vick wasn't even the starter going into the first two games.

Here's a man who has paid his dues. He has earned this award.
    And the voters forgot that Vick played season in what should be considered his comeback year.

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Brandon Lloyd deserved it more in my opinion.
    no way on heck that anyone but vick should have won that award.

I love what Lloyd did this year, but Vick hands down deserved it. I don't think ANYONE saw him having a season like this.

Only thing i say is Lloyd should of got some votes.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    I know he was injured but the point is he played the entire season & got hurt the final week, i just figured this was for players that missed some or all the year or had other circumstances.

The criteria for these awards is very foggy and changes almost every year it seems. Dont try to understand them, just ignore them.

That being said, Lloyd should have at least garnered some votes but wasn't even nominated. Yet Blount is a rookie, and not coming back from anything gets a vote? Not sure I understand the logic.

Yea, I cant fathom how B Lloyd wasnt above Mike Williams in the voting. I mean seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    Disagree! I think Lloyd had an amazing season but for a guy to go from Pro Bowler to prison to finishing 2nd in the MVP voting should get the Comeback Player Of The Year award!

to B-Lloyd though!
    I disagree with your take. He's been back in the league for 2 years now. If he had done this last year, I could see him getting the Comeback Player of the Year, but he didn't until this year.

Brandon Lloyd came in the league as highly capable and highly touted receiver, disappointed many, and bounced from team to team, then got another chance in Denver and had a break out year.

B-Lloyd deserved it more. Everyone already knew Vicks talent level, its no surprise that he's an amazing athlete, more like expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    I disagree with your take. He's been back in the league for 2 years now. If he had done this last year, I could see him getting the Comeback Player of the Year, but he didn't until this year.

Brandon Lloyd came in the league as highly capable and highly touted receiver, disappointed many, and bounced from team to team, then got another chance in Denver and had a break out year.

B-Lloyd deserved it more. Everyone already knew Vicks talent level, its no surprise that he's an amazing athlete, more like expected.
    lol, he was a 4th round pick . . . not exactly highly touted nor did he show he was highly capable. he didnt come BACK from anything. maybe breakout player of the year sure, he didnt have anything like injury, personal issues, etc to comeback from
    -------

That being said, Lloyd should have at least garnered some votes but wasn't even nominated. Yet Blount is a rookie, and not coming back from anything gets a vote? Not sure I understand.
    Obviously you're not aware of his history in Oregon. He didn't come back from anything that happened to him in the NFL, but he came back from being a former first round prospect, to out of college football, to making a team in the NFL, to competing for rookie of the year. He had a hell of a comeback, but no one came back from more or from as bad as Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by HatianRubble View Post

Yea, I cant fathom how B Lloyd wasnt above Mike Williams in the voting. I mean seriously?
    Lloyd didn't "come back" from anything. That's the point of the whole award process; to present the award to someone who has faced severe adversity and come back from it better than anyone expected. Vick is the epitome of that award.

What did Lloyd do? Underachieve for the first eight years of his career then get brought in to a pass-happy team without a star receiver and have one good year? Back luck for eight years and good luck for one doesn't earn you a Comeback Player of the Year award. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post

By your logic, Lloyd could have only been able to get it years ago, after his first year of disappointment.

Vick didn't even begin the season as a starter, then got the job due to injury to Kolb, and took the league by storm. He still could run like he used to, but he showed he could pass the ball this year. He also lead Philly to the playoffs.

Brandon Lloyd, while he did have an amazing year, was a receiver for a 4-12 football team.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

I agree with those who say Lloyd has never been "there" to deserve a comeback award. That's his first big season.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607