Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lloyd robbed of award

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Brandon Lloyd deserved it more in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post

Disagree! I think Lloyd had an amazing season but for a guy to go from Pro Bowler to prison to finishing 2nd in the MVP voting should get the Comeback Player Of The Year award!

to B-Lloyd though!

Quote Originally Posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    Disagree! I think Lloyd had an amazing season but for a guy to go from Pro Bowler to prison to finishing 2nd in the MVP voting should get the Comeback Player Of The Year award!

to B-Lloyd though!
    I disagree with your take. He's been back in the league for 2 years now. If he had done this last year, I could see him getting the Comeback Player of the Year, but he didn't until this year.

Brandon Lloyd came in the league as highly capable and highly touted receiver, disappointed many, and bounced from team to team, then got another chance in Denver and had a break out year.

B-Lloyd deserved it more. Everyone already knew Vicks talent level, its no surprise that he's an amazing athlete, more like expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    I disagree with your take. He's been back in the league for 2 years now. If he had done this last year, I could see him getting the Comeback Player of the Year, but he didn't until this year.

Brandon Lloyd came in the league as highly capable and highly touted receiver, disappointed many, and bounced from team to team, then got another chance in Denver and had a break out year.

B-Lloyd deserved it more. Everyone already knew Vicks talent level, its no surprise that he's an amazing athlete, more like expected.
    lol, he was a 4th round pick . . . not exactly highly touted nor did he show he was highly capable. he didnt come BACK from anything. maybe breakout player of the year sure, he didnt have anything like injury, personal issues, etc to comeback from
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post

By your logic, Lloyd could have only been able to get it years ago, after his first year of disappointment.

Vick didn't even begin the season as a starter, then got the job due to injury to Kolb, and took the league by storm. He still could run like he used to, but he showed he could pass the ball this year. He also lead Philly to the playoffs.

Brandon Lloyd, while he did have an amazing year, was a receiver for a 4-12 football team.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

I disagree.

People forget Vick wasn't even the starter going into the first two games.

Here's a man who has paid his dues. He has earned this award.

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post
    I disagree.

People forget Vick wasn't even the starter going into the first two games.

Here's a man who has paid his dues. He has earned this award.
    And the voters forgot that Vick played season in what should be considered his comeback year.

Really? This was pretty much a slam dunk. Vick was a good and exciting player who came back from 2 years in prison to compete for an MVP award and take his team to the playoffs.

I love Lloyd, but what did he come back from? Slacking off for 8 years?

Sig by Blondie79

Quote Originally Posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Really? This was pretty much a slam dunk. Vick was a good and exciting player who came back from 2 years in prison to compete for an MVP award and take his team to the playoffs.

I love Lloyd, but what did he come back from? Slacking off for 8 years?
    Hah!

No i think he was with Tampa and got hurt, Bears picked him up but he was still gimpy. Then we got him and he's healthy...an excellent pick-up.

He's one of many who will help Tebow next year and beyond.

Well I like Lloyd and loved what he did this season but I think Vick deserved this award.

B Lloyd had a heck of a year. But Vick definitely deserves the award. Took over the starting role, let his team to the playoffs and made the Pro Bowl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

why was welker on this list?

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post

Seriously, with all that Vick has been through, and the season he put together this year, you dont think he deserved it? I love me some Brandon Lloyd, but still, nobody deserves that more then MV7

I'm one of the biggest homers around and even I gotta say Vick deserved it

Coming back from injury^^