Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evski19 View Post
    Its not just his speed he has the skills to be a beast corner, and even if he is a bust he is loaded for a terrific saftey. and yes our D line sucks but who in the draft can fix it. Fairley? he will be gone. Jordan? MAybe but if you take hime at 2 your dumb. Darus? He is made for a 3-4. Bowers? I doubt it he has 1yr wonder all over him. Peterson has done it for 3yrs and even Amukamara has too. but Peterson can contribute in Special teams too. If you havent noticed we kinda suck there too.
    IMO the problem with this thinking is that you're just delaying what we need to do, we need to start building the defensive trenches with solid prospects, yes we've neglected it for a long time, and yes it might take a few years, but the only way to truly build a dominant defensive line is to fully commit to it and start drafting and developing those players, it might not be flashy now and it might mean missing on a "can't miss DB prospect" but it has to be done, it's the only way to truly reapir this defense long term.

I believe that Denver needs to make a commitment to spend one of their first 3 picks on a DL prospect every year for the next 5-7 years.

I like Phil Taylor with our second rd pick if we draft Peterson

I like Phil Taylor with our second rd pick if we draft Peterson
    the reason i think we can afford to take peterson is because of the depth of the tackle class. i guarantee we will have a shot at either Paea, Marvin Austin, Phil Taylor, or Drake Nevis, and maybe even two of the four with our second round picks

Year one we see a corner we like

year 2 we see Safety we like

Year 3 a LB

Year 4 a RB

and so forth and so on. If we draft on want rather then need we are no better then the Lions and we will end up being stuck at the bottom till that changes. If we draft on speed and athleticism as well as want we will be like the Raiders taking at least 5 years at the bottom till we realize what we need. Soon we will have a back-field filled with DB's that cant tackle and one on the bench because they were fast a had ball skills.

Draft on need and you may have some reaches but yor going to have less problems.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 02-08-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncooojohnson View Post
    the reason i think we can afford to take peterson is because of the depth of the tackle class. i guarantee we will have a shot at either Paea, Marvin Austin, Phil Taylor, or Drake Nevis, and maybe even two of the four with our second round picks
    Ok so we will have a shot at Jimmy Smith, Aaron Williams, Davon, Brown, Johnny Patrick, Ras-I Dowling and Brandon (sorry my yo# is broken).

You know how the Steelers are so good. They draft talent over need even if they have a player in that position. They drafted Harrison when they had Porter and look what happened.

You know how the Steelers are so good. They draft talent over need even if they have a player in that position. They drafted Harrison when they had Porter and look what happened.
    Yea, he was cut. Then signed by the ravens, then sent to NFL Europe. Then was eventually picked back up by the steelers and years later came into his own. Pretty bad example, especially considering Harrison was undrafted. lol

I would still prefer to keep Bailey or sign someone good like Asomugha (doubt it will happen tho) or Richard Marshall

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Someone doesn't know Harrison was an UDFA.

Yeah they decided they needed lineman and LB's. How often have they drafted cover corners in the 1st? They have safeties and corners that can tackle like Jimmy Smith. They dont draft corners before the 2nd, since the secondary is literally secondary, except when it comes to a tweener SS that can tackle like no other.

Jimmy had 183 career stops and only allowed 11 receptions in 2 years. He is smart and a great jammer he can tackle like no other. He is the opposite of Peterson where Peterson tends to avoid tackling and allow help to take over a miss coverage Smith gets to persistent and has a tendency not to and will try to recover (trst isses), he generally can since his recovery skills are top notch still he needs to learn to let safeties help. Like Ike Taylor he likes to attack and can be a blitzer if need be. He is great at stopping screens.

He is 6-2 and he knows how size can help and he is training to improve his game speed as we speak. He is smarter and big receivers like in SD wont have some of their best games against him.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 02-08-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Selvin Young said he would rush for 2000 yards in 2008.
    LOL! exactly!

I don't care if Peterson "ran a 4.01 flat" he is not worth the risk at #2, overall. Not when you have to tradeoff addressing the D Line with a top young prospect. You can find corners.

Patrick Peterson or Eric Berry?

Considering that Eric Berry was touted as the "best defensive back prospect to come along in a decade" by many experts and the like, it's only fair to compare Peterson to him. Especially when some want to draft Peterson #2 overall. Berry, as good as he was and is, still went 5th behind two D linemen.

So who would you rather have?

Berry every day of the week.

However if PP entered lats year he would have went at 6 to seatle IMO. Last years top 5 was mich better than this year. I would say if bowers, PP, fairley entered the draft last year it would have went.

1: Sam Bradford
    2: Suh
    3: Gerald Mccoy
    4: Trent Williams
    5: Eric Berry
    6: Patrick Peterson
    7: Joe Haden
    8: Nick Fairley
    9: Cj Spiller
    10: Tyson Alualu
    11: Dequan Bowers

Can I have a DL instead?

Patrick Peterson by a mile. Once again.... Lesser corners play safety.