Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Broncos seem enamored with Patrick Peterson

According to numerous reports and Draft Insider, the Broncos are liking what they see in Patrick Peterson. The report says, "At this early stage is seems the player that most enamors the Denver Broncos, who own the second pick of the draft, is LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson."

Here is the link.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4627

Sweeeeeet!

even though we need a serious overhaul on the Dline.

I wouldn't be disappointed with this.

Patrick Peterson is a safer pick then Bowers.

With the uncertainty of Champ Bailey and Cox I wouldn't be surprised if they went down this route.
    Now go get your shine box

Any chance this is a ploy to trade back and acquire more picks? I could see a team like Houston easily giving up a couple of picks to move up and grab this kid.

If Denver takes Peterson, it's obvious that they aren't too sold on Fairley, Bowers, etc. Giving the D-Line needs, I doubt they would pass those kids up if they thought they were going to be great pass rushers.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    Any chance this is a ploy to trade back and acquire more picks? I could see a team like Houston easily giving up a couple of picks to move up and grab this kid.

If Denver takes Peterson, it's obvious that they aren't too sold on Fairley, Bowers, etc. Giving the D-Line needs, I doubt they would pass those kids up if they thought they were going to be great pass rushers.
    That'd be nice to move to Houston's pick and like and their 3rd/4th if we weren't sold on a DL at 2.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    That'd be nice to move to Houston's pick and like and their 3rd/4th if we weren't sold on a DL at 2.
    Ya I agree. Houston picks at 11, so it wouldn't be way back. We would still be in a great position to get a solid Defensive player while acquiring another pick.

I could see Shanny wanting to draft him as well to play opposite of Deangelo Hall - especially if Shanny sees him as the next Champ Bailey.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

I'm 100% for drafting Petersen. He would instantly be the starter across from Champ, or replace Champ.

My vote is to Franchise Champ or get Nhamdi and draft Petersen.

If we move back, that would be fine too if we draft DL help and KEEP Champ, Goodman and Cox. We have holes everywhere, so either plan helps. A pass rush does not good if your corners stink, and corners do no good if you have no pass rush.

As always for me, dump Orton for a #2, and get 2 DL and 1 CB in the first 2 rounds.

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

I wouldn't mind Peterson.

We would have to sign a lot of players for the Front 7 though. Like a Charles Johnson and/or James Anderson, and some others.

Peterson is probably the safest pick.

This guy is #2 material..

I know we need help up front but I am not sold on the two top D linemen. Watch tape on this guy, watch his practices, watch him interview and see his swagger. He is the safest pick in this draft and will be a pro bowl player by his 3rd year. The Broncos can't go wrong with this kid. I love champ, and think he is the best D player on our team, but he is not getting any younger. Like it or not, we are rebuilding, and adding the next great corner in the league to our team for the next 10 or so years would be very nice! I will be very happy to see him in orange and blue.

If Fairley is gone I'd much rather pick Peterson than Bowers. Safer pick IMO, and one that we actually need (we already have Ayers/Dumervil at DE).

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    Dude is a beast. There's definitely no denying that.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    Fast, good size, agile, excellent ball skills. Looks like a solid pick to me. I like that he plays the ball like a receiver. He looks like he'll make a lot of plays in the NFL. I doubt the Broncos will be able to trade down, even if they want. If Fairley isn't around, I think this should be the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Fast, good size, agile, excellent ball skills. Looks like a solid pick to me. I like that he plays the ball like a receiver. He looks like he'll make a lot of plays in the NFL.
    I agree with all of that. Watching the video, I couldn't help but think how much the dude looks like a wide receiver out there playing defense. He is a great player, and I wouldn't mind him in a Bronco Uniform.

I just don't want it to come at the expense of passing up a solid D-Line talent, nor do I want to see Champ Bailey go. I guess we can't have it all.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

i would absolutely throw up if we pick him
    -------