Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How Does Thomas Injury Affect Draft?

The possibility of drafting AJ Green never occurred to me until both Thomas and Royal went down. With these injuries we are looking mighty thin at receiver. The draft debate seems to be between Fairley Bowers and Peterson but could there be an outside chance we draft Green?
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by mb3playa View Post
    The possibility of drafting AJ Green never occurred to me until both Thomas and Royal went down. With these injuries we are looking mighty thin at receiver. The draft debate seems to be between Fairley Bowers and Peterson but could there be an outside chance we draft Green?
    He didn't play last year and they still did well. Lloyd, Decker, Gaffney, and Royal when he comes back will be solid enough. Throw in Willis and a FA or UDFA and I think they are just fine for this season. DT very well might be able to be back the end of the season anyway.

Since we're very likely abandoning the spread offense to go with more TE and FB sets, I don't think it has that much of an effect.

It just means that we likely won't see any of our other WR's getting traded for draft picks.

we are fine at WR, even with Thomas and royals back up, plus they both should be ready for Preseaon/

It doesn't. At all.

Not at all. We need defense.

Sig by Blondie79

I dont think it does at all. It might if the broncos were going to still do 4 and 5 WR sets all the time but with fox i think it will be more focused on running.

Maybe bring in a vet WR in FA or give decker more chances, i was more excited about him then thomas.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

nah decker and thomas are alll we need, plus oour PS Depth was pretty good with Eron Riley and Britt Davis which we have both on our roster still. we should be pretty set at WR either way

Matthew Willis + Britt Davis
    Great chemistry with Tebow.

The buzz is building here in Panthers country for A.J. Green at #1. Or a trade-down to get him later.

Not much at all.

We still have Lloyd, Gaffney, Decker, Royal along with Willis and Davis. WR's are fine, shouldn't draft one.

Also realize that under Fox while we won't totally go to the Carolina run offense, we will become much more balanced this year, so we don't need as many receivers.

Terrible news for D.Thomas, no way we draft an early WR, I am seeing Julio above Green in some charts as well.

With Lloyd Gaffney and Decker we are alright, we have Willis coming on too. We really dont need to draft a WR. Maybe grab some UDFA to fight it out for the last spot.

I agree w/everyone, it doesn't effect us much. No need to worry about WR, unless it's another possession receiver, which we can address at a much laterr time