Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    His sister is married to Brady Quinn...maybe they can convince him to come to Denver

    He would be a good addition. He could start at either MLB or SOLB.
    A.J. is married to Quinn's sister.

    Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,571
    Why would we not want AJ Hawk? Allows us to use a draft pick on different spot of need.

    If people don't think he would improve our LB core that's just ignorant. He would be a great signing.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    633
    I believe I read that not only would he make 10 mil, but it is all guaranteed at the start of the next football year (march whatever...5th I believe)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,422
    I'd take AJ Hawk as our MLB this year, and James Anderson as our SLB. So the rookie linebackers that we draft this year and next year will have time to develop under these guys.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A-Town
    Posts
    462
    broncossb2010 the stats are via cbs sports cut and paste the asssists are the atk column. they are generally dead on with the stats. ive only run into a discrepancy once.
    [IMG]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo13/TheDragonTJH/BroncosAtwaterOkoyeHitCloseUp.gif[/IMG] YAAAA!!! YOU TRIED BABY!!!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    7,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    A.J. is married to Quinn's sister.
    My bad, got it confused

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,076
    Ild rather have him then Martez to be honest, neither one of them seem like a leader or an anchor. He needs to move to OLB if he goes to a 4-3 team.


    I do like aggressive LB's yet he is overly so and has a tendency to over pursue his targets. Yet at least he doesnt rely completely on athleticism like Martez. Another thing we might want to consider is drafting Von and moving him inside, I am starting to think held be as good as Hawk inside (despite being a better leader)
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 02-28-2011 at 12:06 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Ild rather have him then Martez to be honest, neither one of them seem like a leader or an anchor. He needs to move to OLB if he goes to a 4-3 team.


    I do like aggressive LB's yet he is overly so and has a tendency to over pursue his targets. Yet at least he doesnt rely completely on athleticism like Martez. Another thing we might want to consider is drafting Von and moving him inside, I am starting to think held be as good as Hawk inside (despite being a better leader)
    Martez Wilson is better than Miller in coverage and run defense.
    Drafting Miller to a position that doesn't blitz constantly is a complete waste of his talents.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    We still carry braxton Kelly and he played LB with woodyard in college. Now both these two were playing out of position in the 3-4 and just were not built for that defense. What are the chances we could see these two play?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
    I just saw on NFL networks bottom line that AJ Hawk will be cut if the Packers can't redo his contract. He is scheduled to make $10 million this next season. I for one would love the Broncos to sign him. Imagine if they manage to land Atogwe & Hawk. Draft Fairley at #2 get Martez Wilson to play SLB (all I have heard about him was how much of an athlete he is and can play and LB spot) and the best DT left like Paea in the second. Our defense would be well on its way to being respected again!
    I don't think AJ Hawk is worth $10 million, so signing him off waivers would be a bad idea.

    Also, I'm pretty sure Paea will be drafted in the first round. Probably within the top 18 picks.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Front Range, Colorado
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    AJ Hawk sucks.
    You wanna back that statement up? or just spew?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,172
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
    broncossb2010 the stats are via cbs sports cut and paste the asssists are the atk column. they are generally dead on with the stats. ive only run into a discrepancy once.
    I see what the stats say now...they have solo and assists separately but no listing of combined tackles. His combined tackles for the 5 years is 511 which I didn't see there. It's hard to read the charts when they are copied and pasted when the formatting from the chart doesn't come with it. My apologizes

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
    Martez Wilson is better than Miller in coverage and run defense.
    Drafting Miller to a position that doesn't blitz constantly is a complete waste of his talents.
    I feel Martez does not have as much skill as he does talent I think he might be a project yet worth having at OLB he reminds me a lot like DJ who isnt a leader yet had athleticism (still DJ was mre skilled IMO). I think having him as a future replacement for DJ and a man who can be opposite him for the next few years he remains with us is not a bad idea.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 03-01-2011 at 12:01 AM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758

    Is there NOBODY paying attention?

    We're days away from the lockout and there IS NO FREE AGENCY PEOPLE! There will be NO trades, NO Free Agency, and no players traded for draft picks. NOTHING!

    NO team is going to be signing ANY Free Agents until there's a new collective bargaining agreement and THAT isn't going to happen until sometime in maybe August, more probably September, and possibly not until 2012.

    It all depends on how long it takes for the owners to destroy the players' union. There will be lots of pressure on the players to fold in August & September, but they might not.

    Meanwhile NO Free Agents! So, it wouldn't matter if John Abraham & Jared Allen were cut, the Broncos will NOT be signing anybody in the next six months.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    We're days away from the lockout and there IS NO FREE AGENCY PEOPLE! There will be NO trades, NO Free Agency, and no players traded for draft picks. NOTHING!

    NO team is going to be signing ANY Free Agents until there's a new collective bargaining agreement and THAT isn't going to happen until sometime in maybe August, more probably September, and possibly not until 2012.

    It all depends on how long it takes for the owners to destroy the players' union. There will be lots of pressure on the players to fold in August & September, but they might not.

    Meanwhile NO Free Agents! So, it wouldn't matter if John Abraham & Jared Allen were cut, the Broncos will NOT be signing anybody in the next six months.
    Hope that is decaf...

    When there is a CBA, players will be signed, see no reason to get your panties in a bunch if fans want to speculate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •