Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Its been said that He's a good character lead by example kinda guy but not the real vocal kind of leader like kelvin or quan

He's an excellent athlete but he only looks like an average MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    He's an excellent athlete but he only looks like an average MLB.
    Completely agree, and the speed is negated by his lack of instincts on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by NY/CTBronco View Post
    Completely agree, and the speed is negated by his lack of instincts on the field.
    This is exactly why I don't like him. His lack of instincts really takes away from his ability on the field, it makes him hesitant on the field. He was able to get away with it in college but in the NFL, particularly with our d-line o-linemen and FBs are going to be on him in a hurry, he needs to make the right read quickly and blow up the play. He won't be able to do that by being that hesitant.

Also I didn't really like what I saw out of Sturdivant today. He kind of looked out of shape to me. Kelvin Sheppard looked good though.

Never questioned his athleticism, so no this does not shock me. I still dont think he is a leader or has the ability to anchor. Greg Jones was not that athletic yet he still managed to do as well since he has better instinct and leadership which are important for an "elite" MLB.

Yes it will help if we had a LB that has both which is why neither deserves to be drafted in the 1st which is why they are not elite. We have many holes in the D and it will take at least 1 or 2 more drafts to fix them we can afford to wait a year for a leader who can improve the D.

I like martez a lot but if we don't adress MLB this year we NEED teo next year

Quote Originally Posted by themadfanatic View Post
    I like martez a lot but if we don't adress MLB this year we NEED teo next year
    Teo seems like a good pick to me. I like Luke Kuechly he is a player that makes D's better he has great stats and even better leadership skills. I am not sure of his athleticism yet I am amazed by the level of play he inspires around him

I think teo might even be faster then martez and he's more stout and a much bigger hitter

Don't get me wrong though martez is my favorite player in the draft then todman then jon baldwin

If we sign him ild rather have him at OLB he does not seem like an anchor he is like DJ a good player yet he doesnt lead or make others better. We need a MLB like Al Wilson was who was a leader yes he was an athlete (one of the best there ever was) yet what the team has missed the most is his ability to get others to play harder.

I havent seen a lot of Te'o yet he seems like a team leader and an athlete. He and Burflict are going to be high draft picks as of now since they have that edge Martez does not have that spark or at least its not visible.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 02-28-2011 at 11:49 PM.

I loved Wilson at our 2a pick, but after he blew up the combine, I don't see him lasting that long. Now I'm hoping one of the stud D-lineman sneaks through and we can grab him. Speaking of D-line and LB, were those 40 times impressive, or what?

I'd rather just take a later round flyer on Casey Matthews or Colin McCarthy and find somebody in FA to play the MIKE spot.

I keep hearing Wilson is your classic Tarzan/Jane scenario - looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

That's not true at all. But I wouldn't mind quan in the 3rd

paea at 2a and hopefully wilson falls to 2b
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That would b ideal