View Poll Results: What sport has more injuries NBA or NFL?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • NFL

15 93.75%
  • NBA

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What sport has more injuries NBA or NFL?

So me and my best friend had a debate on what sport has more injury's each year overall. I voted NBA basketball in general just thought I ask wanted to see what other people would say. If you could give me a reason why you choice NBA or NFL that would be awesome. Just wanted get a idea what others thought. Thanks!
    Last edited by Chillez; 03-02-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Bump ^^^

I think I might of but this poll in wrong area could a mod please move it to "other sports" section If possible. Thanks Chillez!
    Last edited by Chillez; 03-02-2011 at 10:29 PM.

NFL, players take on a bigger physical beating. NBA is more of finese injuries. Your guaranteed to lose at least one player to injury per season and per game to be out in NFL.

Come on people vote we need more votes than this....

id say NFL , more season endings and higher %s

Google It

Nfl has way more players, so more injuries

But %, idk

I think if this were in GD you'da gotten more hits... and it'll be more appropriate in there...

nba has pansy ass injuries but the nfl has real injuries

No doubt the NFL with 1600 players will have more players injured throughout the year.

But then what constitutes an injury? Does it count if the athlete can still play?

Is it the amount of games missed? If its this then you'd have to reconsider as the NBA plays tons more games and a player with a two week recovery might miss 8-9 games instead of an NFL player with a two week recovery who only misses two games.

Idk, sort of an interesting question that needs deeper analysis, but I'm too lazy to do the analysis so I'll just say NFL because of the bigger hits

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    No doubt the NFL with 1600 players will have more players injured throughout the year.

But then what constitutes an injury? Does it count if the athlete can still play?

Is it the amount of games missed? If its this then you'd have to reconsider as the NBA plays tons more games and a player with a two week recovery might miss 8-9 games instead of an NFL player with a two week recovery who only misses two games.

Idk, sort of an interesting question that needs deeper analysis, but I'm too lazy to do the analysis so I'll just say NFL because of the bigger hits
    good call..........

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post

Yeah I think you hit nail on the head great post. NFL wins!

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    I think if this were in GD you'da gotten more hits... and it'll be more appropriate in there...

nba has pansy ass injuries but the nfl has real injuries

Yeah you are totally right I but this thread in wrong area on accident dumb me... ugh I agree with you though I was wrong I thought NBA would have more injury's but in reality NFL has more players than NBA with a bigger league personal wise which = more injury's.

The NFL injuries are not just injuries. The injuries you get in football out number any injury you get in basketball.

Not only that but the fact that the football injuries pay heavy later in life. So many players still are messed up by concussions. Careers ended by pinch nerves in the neck.

But Hockey is the lease pansy sport.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    The NFL injuries are not just injuries. The injuries you get in football out number any injury you get in basketball.

Not only that but the fact that the football injuries pay heavy later in life. So many players still are messed up by concussions. Careers ended by pinch nerves in the neck.

But Hockey is the lease pansy sport.
    You got that right, almost every hockey highlight I watch there is a fist fight the hits they take in games is crazy. Tough guys....

They receive lot of wear and tear over period of time I don't know how some players in league play so many years I guess goalie would be safest to play. I'm not hockey fan though so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    You got that right, almost every hockey highlight I watch there is a fist fight the hits they take in games is crazy. Tough guys....

They receive lot of wear and tear over period of time I don't know how some players in league play so many years I guess goalie would be safest to play. I'm not hockey fan though so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about lol.
    Oh worst things happen, some players play, with broken jaws, wrist, leg injuries, broken hand,etc.

I think they like getting the mess knocked out of them.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Oh worst things happen, some players play, with broken jaws, wrist, leg injuries, broken hand,etc.

I think they like getting the mess knocked out of them.
    Yep if wanta play Hockey gotta be different kind of cat. I think they really enjoy it hahahaa.

Plus hockey has the best ritual of any sport in existence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ5EZ9E2kfw

skip to 1:45