Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    So, quick question... when I'm done with the story, can I go back into the current game for the side missions, Riddler Trophies, etc??
    Yeah, you're free to do everything you missed out on after beating the game.

You can also go into NG+ (New Game Plus) which is basically like starting a new game, but you keep all of your upgrades from your first playthrough, and you get to use any skins you have during the story missions. More importantly though; it's harder since you lose the counter icon.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    The % completed indicator is deceiving, you're probably further along in the game than you think. I was kinda disappointed at how long it was because I was having so much fun. I'm a little bit through my new game+ but I don't know if I'll pick it up again other than to go beat some guys up to kill time. Maybe if there were branching story arcs or something different to go through. I wish they would've put more Catwoman campaign in since the went to so much effort on her.

I like the game more without the counter symbols, I don't know why.

Has anyone actually collected all of the riddler trophies?
    I quit 150+ in

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Yup.

:]

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Quote Originally Posted by sSync View Post
    Yup.

:]
    Nice! Was it worth it? If I recall it was over 400

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    Yeah, you're free to do everything you missed out on after beating the game.

You can also go into NG+ (New Game Plus) which is basically like starting a new game, but you keep all of your upgrades from your first playthrough, and you get to use any skins you have during the story missions. More importantly though; it's harder since you lose the counter icon.
    Ah, cool. Thanks!!

Nice! Was it worth it? If I recall it was over 400
    Holy smokes!!!! You serious?????
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Nice! Was it worth it?
    Well... probably not

I didn't have much going on at the time and it kept me occupied, allowed me to save all the Riddler hostages, and got a couple of cheevies. That's about all they're good for unless you're going for the 100% completion stat. I was just enjoying the game.

There is a vast quantity of collectible items in Arkham City. If you're keen on catching 'em all, you'll need to collect 400 total items throughout the game. These include:

• Riddler Trophies
    • Riddles
    • Breakable Objects
    • Tyger Cameras

While you will be able to take pride in your meticulous gaming habits and earn Achievements/Trophies, collecting these items also serves another purpose: To beat the Riddler at his own game. By collecting these items, you will be able to partake in his twisted game of cat-and-mouse in the sidequest Enigma Conundrum.

- ★ -

Just picked the game up yesterday using some gift cards I had ... I got it at Best Buy and it included a code to play as Robin and another to play as Catwoman.

I only played about an hour and a half last night but so far it seems pretty cool, the only thing that I see being a turn off for me is the repetitive fighting but that happens in a lot of games like this I guess.

Does anyone have any tips on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jermz79 View Post
    Definitely do the AR missions as soon as you can to get the Grapnel Boost upgrade.
    ---
    Really enjoyed this game- finally got 100% and went out and got Arkham Asylum for Christmas (doing things backwards).

Quote Originally Posted by Jermz79 View Post
    Just picked the game up yesterday using some gift cards I had ... I got it at Best Buy and it included a code to play as Robin and another to play as Catwoman.

I only played about an hour and a half last night but so far it seems pretty cool, the only thing that I see being a turn off for me is the repetitive fighting but that happens in a lot of games like this I guess.

One tip I have is to go in the challenge maps and practice your combat. Trust me, later on in the game you'll be fighting groups of enemies with shields, armor, stun-battons, and guns. You'll get your ass handed to you pretty quick. I say spend about 15 minutes in the challenge maps and memorize a few effective combos.

And there are some time limit sequences and you want to make sure you go to AR knight and get the grapple boost upgrade.

I quit 150+ in
    I'm close...ish...I think I have 341 or something. I quit trying though cause I was getting so sick of it, 400 was way too many. Plus some of them, I'll admit, I can't figure out the puzzle solutions to get them

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    I'm close...ish...I think I have 341 or something. I quit trying though cause I was getting so sick of it, 400 was way too many. Plus some of them, I'll admit, I can't figure out the puzzle solutions to get them
    You have more than me, i'm around 230 and some of the trophies are tough to get. Some of them are locked inside cages i have no idea on how to open! lol In addition, i've rescued only 3 riddler hostages, and can't find a riddler informant nowhere to gather secrets which is frustrating. Btw, have you completed all the side missions!

Man I really wanted to just sit down and just go through all.of the trophies but I just couldn't do it

I really hope there's a sequel has anyone seen the little Easter eggs hidden around the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You have more than me, i'm around 230 and some of the trophies are tough to get. Some of them are locked inside cages i have no idea on how to open! lol In addition, i've rescued only 3 riddler hostages, and can't find a riddler informant nowhere to gather secrets which is frustrating. Btw, have you completed all the side missions!
    I've beaten all side missions; there will definitely be a sequel. I'll run through a few of hints that you encounter by completing some of the side missions.

Minor spoilers. During the mission where you're after Hush, he ends up trapping Batman inside his hideout, and escapes Arkham City. And after you escape; Batman tells Oracle that he won't go after him until tomorrow because he's probably in Gotham City at that point. That means in the next game Hush will likely be a villain that we'll face one on one in Gotham.

Then there's the "Mystery Stalker" side mission. Again, minor spoilers. You'll come to know the "Mystery Stalker" as a hero named Azrael. He warns Batman of a catastrophic event that will apparently destroy Gotham City.

Man I really wanted to just sit down and just go through all.of the trophies but I just couldn't do it

I really hope there's a sequel has anyone seen the little Easter eggs hidden around the game?
    Easter eggs: Scarecrow's equipment can be found near the Steel Mills, which possibly means Croc really didn't kill him. Speaking of Croc, you can hear the goons talking about him peeking out of the sewers from time to time. And also that one of their buddies went in the sewers looking for something and never came back. That leaves a fight to be had in the next game. You can also encounter Croc in the game while you're in the sewers.
    Last edited by Amari24; 01-01-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    Easter eggs: Scarecrow's equipment can be found near the Steel Mills, which possibly means Croc really didn't kill him.
    I'm not sure his equipment really qualifies as an easter egg because it's actually the "answer" to one of the riddles you have to solve. But you can also enter one of the boats docked nearby by deciphering the hardest code in the game, which contains a ton of bugs crawling on the walls and a bad guy sitting in a chair under a light. It's pretty creepy actually, because as you enter the ship the game forces you into first-person and the thug (who appears to be dead) suddenly jerks upright and screams when you get close enough and start to inspect him. There's a piece of paper on the wall (a shipping invoice) made out to Scarecrow's alias.

- ★ -