View Poll Results: How do YOU feel about Denver drafting a QB at #2 overall?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be deeply disappointed and confused; is that really our biggest need?

103 73.05%
  • Well, its not my first choice, or even my fifth. I hope these guys know what they are doing.

21 14.89%
  • In John-X-Men I trust! If they believe in it, then so do I.

9 6.38%
  • It makes sense, Tebow's raw, Orton's suspect, Quinn's third behind the first two. I'm onboard.

5 3.55%
  • This is the best oppertunity the Broncos may have for years to grab a star like Gabbert or Newton!

3 2.13%
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Is the Broncos brass shopping for a QB?

Is the Broncos brass shopping for a QB? They are looking at Locker.

If they draft a new 1st round QB without giving Tebow an honest chance as LAST year's 1st round QB, I will lose a lot of faith in the new regime very very quickly.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

There's is no way we draft locker with our 1st round pick
    If we do I will throw my TV out the window and go out on a rampage

New regimes mean new quarterbacks. Just saying... Prepare for anything. If not in 2011, 2012.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    Is the Broncos brass shopping for a QB? They are looking at Locker.

If they draft a new 1st round QB without giving Tebow an honest chance as LAST year's 1st round QB, I will lose a lot of faith in the new regime very very quickly.
    I think they check on every position including quarterbacks and wide receivers. We need to hit a home run in this draft badly, so lets leave no stone un-turn.

I just think they are doing their due diligence and scouting the top prospects on their board. I highly doubt Tebow isn't given a fair chance to show what he can do after exceeding expectations in 3 starts. Remember Tebow was not supposed to see the playing field for 2 to 3 years at least by most experts guess they were wrong

normally don't care when people repeat posts - but this has seriously been discussed in at least 4 other threads

Quote Originally Posted by saltparrot View Post
    normally don't care when people repeat posts - but this has seriously been discussed in at least 4 other threads
    Being discussed in a thread and being the topic of a thread are two different things.

There is only one other front page thread where Locker is the topic of discussion. That thread is in DTFA, and is specifically about Locker's pro day workout.

That the Broncos may be shopping for a new franchise QB is worthy of a GD thread, IMO, and is much more worthwhile than the 10 CBA threads and 20 Patrick Peterson threads that you don't seem to mind.

Elway knows there will be riots if Tebow is not given a shot. In all he's done to make fans part of the off-season, he's not dumping the most popular player in any sport in the world.

Remember when the Broncos selected Cutler in 2006 they never looked at him or even talked to him, they used Jeff Fisher to give them all of the info.

Perhaps Elway is doing Shanahan a favor and bringing the QB that the Skins are interested in, I'm sure that Shanahan would trust Elway's opinion on whether Locker has the skills to run Shanny's offense.

Yep, with the team's need at defense, and this defense heavy draft coming up, I would want to put out as much disinformation about what I really want to do.

QBack is the perfect position to use my high pick on.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    New regimes mean new quarterbacks. Just saying... Prepare for anything. If not in 2011, 2012.
    I hear you, but this is not a completely new regime. Ellis and Xanders OKed the Tebow 1st round selection, and they're still here. McCoy worked with Tebow, and he's still here. If they were to now go back on this decision, it doesn't instill faith in any decisions they make moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by RDAvena View Post
    Yep, with the team's need at defense, and this defense heavy draft coming up, I would want to put out as much disinformation about what I really want to do.

QBack is the perfect position to use my high pick on.
    Completely agree. Aside from long snapper, that is.

John Elway is shopping for a QB. I had hoped he'd wait for 2012 but he wants a new one this year. (and probably try for Luck next year)

No one is going to stop him this first time. After 3 or 4 maybe.

The defense will suffer with fewer draftees, and trading Tebow isn't going to be too popular. I don't think it will encourage the rest of the team, they bought into Tebow and whoops-he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Exactly.
    RESTORE THE [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]ORANGE CRUSH!!!![/COLOR][/B]
    :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

No way do they take a QB with the first round pick.

IF they take a QB (Locker) with a 2nd round pick...
    it would be as a backup to Tebow...
    they pick a mobile, athletic rookie QB in case...

-Tebow gets hurt
    OR
    - Tebow craps the bed

Insurance because once the team re-tools for Tebow...
    we gotta have a backup that could step in.

Of course the unspoken part of this scenario...

IS

obviously...

They trade Kyle Orton.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!