View Poll Results: How do YOU feel about Denver drafting a QB at #2 overall?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be deeply disappointed and confused; is that really our biggest need?

103 73.05%
  • Well, its not my first choice, or even my fifth. I hope these guys know what they are doing.

21 14.89%
  • In John-X-Men I trust! If they believe in it, then so do I.

9 6.38%
  • It makes sense, Tebow's raw, Orton's suspect, Quinn's third behind the first two. I'm onboard.

5 3.55%
  • This is the best oppertunity the Broncos may have for years to grab a star like Gabbert or Newton!

3 2.13%
Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by simplistickhaos View Post
    There is a huge difference between a #2 pick and a #25 pick. Yes, they are both in the first round, but #2 IMO needs to be someone who can come in and start if need be. While a #25 is someone who may need some work.
    This is not my argument, he claims Gabbert isn't worth #2 but has no problem with Tebow's draft position even though everybody was surprised he was drafted so high.

It's his contradiction not mine.

Josh Freeman started as a rookie, a lot of rookie QB's have, l see no reason why Gabbert couldn't start if need be.

Btw, the 25th player in the draft should start. People around here want Denver to trade down and get extra picks, you think they want to trade down for extra backups? Nope, actually, Denver's 1st - 3rd round picks could to be starters from the start.......

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan1235 View Post
    .....he's not a POS of a human being. He was one of the few, really decent, class act professional athletes. He was so opposite of the over entitled, egotiscal athletes we so commonly see. You may not be a fan of his on field performance, but POS of a human being? I think not...
    Yeah uh, you have NO idea what your talking about. lol. Sure he's no Vick or anything. But he flipped off a fan for criticizing him. That happens in the NFL. Sure. Anybody would get upset about it after feeling as much pressure. But class acts don't flip off fans.
    DENVER STAND UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    This is not my argument, he claims Gabbert isn't worth #2 but has no problem with Tebow's draft position even though everybody was surprised he was drafted so high.

Josh Freeman started as a rookie,
    a lot of rookie QB's have, l see no reason why Gabbert couldn't start if need be.

Btw, the 25th player in the draft should start. People around here want Denver to trade down and get extra picks, you think they want to trade down for extra backups? Nope, actually, Denver's 1st - 3rd round picks could to be starters from the start.......
    Not a the beginning of the season, normally of a QB isnt taken top 10they dont start the beginning of the season
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanAddict23 View Post
    Yeah uh, you have NO idea what your talking about. lol. Sure he's no Vick or anything. But he flipped off a fan for criticizing him. That happens in the NFL. Sure. Anybody would get upset about it after feeling as much pressure. But class acts don't flip off fans.
    Sure they do. Players are just people and if somebody's being a complete jerk to you, nothing wrong with flipping them off. Haven't you ever been in a car? Happens all the time.

Unless of course you think that players aren't people and shouldn't act like people. I mean, sure it might not be the best PR move, but in the heat of the moment don't pretend like you wouldn't do the same.

"Class acts" are people who have a properly cultivated image that allows them to sell products better. Michael Jordan is nothing like the dude in the Hanes or Nike Commercials.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
    Sure they do. Players are just people and if somebody's being a complete jerk to you, nothing wrong with flipping them off. Haven't you ever been in a car? Happens all the time.

Unless of course you think that players aren't people and shouldn't act like people. I mean, sure it might not be the best PR move, but in the heat of the moment don't pretend like you wouldn't do the same.

"Class acts" are people who have a properly cultivated image that allows them to sell products better. Michael Jordan is nothing like the dude in the Hanes or Nike Commercials.
    Well Well guess who just walked through the door,didnt think you would escape without being noticed

Well back my friend

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ... should be happy about the QB position for 2011.

There are three QBs with NFL experience and it isn't necessary to draft one this year.

Time to focus on D.
    Yes......and if the 2011 experiment fails, John does cartwheels going after Luck next year!!!

If ...

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Yes......and if the 2011 experiment fails, John does cartwheels going after Luck next year!!!
    ... Mike McCoy includes Spread Option from the direct snap spread formations, that might not be necessary.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ... should be happy about the QB position for 2011.

There are three QBs with NFL experience and it isn't necessary to draft one this year.

Time to focus on D.
    100% agree, this would seem like a no brainer but unfortunately some frightening possibilities exist in the weeks to come.
    [

All I know is that if Denver over looks the D and takes another QB in this draft I'm checking myself into the Betty Ford Clinic!
    HOME OF THE 12TH MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    If that's the case and John truly believes that then any quarterback we pick up in the first day, and really throughout the entire draft, will ultimately be a waste of pick.

To me all signs are pointing to Orton starting, and Tebow riding the bench for 2011 (whatever games are played, anyway).
    Playing another game with Orton on the Team is a waste regardless if its on the bench..

Last year was the Best he had to offer the NFL and you need to move him asap before you give him another chance to screw it up for you....4 ints in a half and no one will recall 2010

Trade him now.....

There has to be another Mcdummy that wants him as a starter
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post

Josh Freeman started as a rookie, a lot of rookie QB's have, l see no reason why Gabbert couldn't start if need be.

Drafting QB's is an art. And just because a QB is drafted in the first round doesn't mean you start him.

Everyone has a different idea on how you have a QB learn. I'm more partial to sitting them and letting them learn. The old school way. But in a win now NFL it's increasingly hard to do this. Which is causing more QB's to fail then I think probably would if they were allowed the proper time to develop into an NFL QB.

The worst part of this board to me is the lack of patients it shows with rookie players.

Players need time to develop. And they're not being given that time. No two players develop at the same rate.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

John Fox interviewed just now on KOA radio

Specificly asked about the QB position.

Fox said.. and I paraphrase...

"Right now the QB position, like every other position,
    is wide open and we will have competion at that spot.
    There is no named starter right now."

8:56 am Wednesday April 27
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

He also said they have made their choice.
    Depending on who Carolina takes...
    they already know exactly who they will be picking.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

this lockout is really screwing the broncos,,,,orton would be long gone otherwise....and now some of those teams that would have been interested will draft a qb and be out of the market

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc13 View Post
    this lockout is really screwing the broncos,,,,orton would be long gone otherwise....and now some of those teams that would have been interested will draft a qb and be out of the market
    If the judge issues a statement saying "No stay on my ruling".. the teams will be free to make trades going into the draft.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!