Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Schefter - Dareus update

Marcell Dareus - DL - Player
    ESPN's Adam Schefter says there is "no chance" the Broncos will trade down a few spots and risk missing out on Alabama DT Marcell Dareus.
    There's a school of thought the Broncos could move down a few spots and wrangle an extra draft pick or two out of a quarterback-needy team while still being able to pick Dareus at No. 4 or No. 5. As Schefter makes plenty clear, he doesn't be

**From RotoWorld

I dont buy this sorry.

All these pundits have binders on and think we have our eyes only on Dareus.
    I know our D line sucks, but I would be really surprised if we got a good offer to move down to 5, if we didn't take it. You have nothing to lose. You can get miller / peterson at 5 and still get great D tackle prospects late 1st early 2nd.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Shefter knows nothing about the draft. He said there's NO CHANCE we can trade down to 5 and still land dareus and he also thinks carolina takes newton so y couldn't we land dareus ie:
    1.Cam
    2.Gabbert
    3.PP or von
    4.Green
    5.Dareus
    That seems like a very likely scenario to me and if we did miss out on dareus we have a choice of fairley,quinn,PP,and von

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    ESPN's Adam Schefter says there is "no chance" the Broncos will trade down a few spots and risk missing out on Alabama DT Marcell Dareus.
    There's a school of thought the Broncos could move down a few spots and wrangle an extra draft pick or two out of a quarterback-needy team while still being able to pick Dareus at No. 4 or No. 5. As Schefter makes plenty clear, he doesn't be

**From RotoWorld

I dont buy this sorry.

I know our D line sucks, but I would be really surprised if we got a good offer to move down to 5, if we didn't take it. You have nothing to lose. You can get miller / peterson at 5 and still get great D tackle prospects late 1st early 2nd
    Of course you dont

We will not draft PP and if we do we should be laughed at from all angles

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post

**From RotoWorld

I dont buy this sorry.

I know our D line sucks, but I would be really surprised if we got a good offer to move down to 5, if we didn't take it. You have nothing to lose. You can get miller / peterson at 5 and still get great D tackle prospects late 1st early 2nd.
    Schefter use to be known to have the inside scoop on the Broncos, but in the last few years he's been wrong as much or more than he's been right.

My guess is he's just speculating.....of course there is a chance he's got an inside scoop again with Elway being back in the building, but I kind of doubt it.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by themadfanatic View Post
    Shefter knows nothing about the draft. He said there's NO CHANCE we can trade down to 5 and still land dareus and he also thinks carolina takes newton so y couldn't we land dareus ie:
    1.Cam
    2.Gabbert
    3.PP or von
    4.Green
    5.Dareus
    That seems like a very likely scenario to me and if we did miss out on dareus we have a choice or fairley,quinn,PP,and von
    I sort of agree.

I say the draft goes:

1: Patrick Peterson
    2: Cam Newton-Blaine Gabbert
    3: Von Miller
    4: AJ Green
    5: Marcel Dareus (Broncos pick)

Well its not like any one could have had an inside world with Mcdaniels here.

Mcdaniels prep for the draft was the same as many fans. Go to internet draft sites and Mike Mayock

Either way the only way dareus is going b4 5 is if the broncos pick him if we passed on him he may not go until 8(there's a chance clevland takes him but unless they want charliebrown to burn down the stadium they better take julio)

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Well its not like any one could have had an inside world with Mcdaniels here.

Mcdaniels prep for the draft was the same as many fans. Go to internet draft sites and Mike Mayock
    LOL, yeah, especially in 09' it sure seemed like he just went of Mayock's draft board.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Either way the only way dareus is going b4 5 is if the broncos pick him if we passed on him he may not go until 8(there's a chance clevland takes him but unless they want charliebrown to burn down the stadium they better take julio)
    He is still a huge possibility at any pick in the top 7. He is a huge possibility at number 1-2-3-4-5-6-7

Not just us

I don't see him as a possibility for az,cincy,or san fran(maybe a 10 percent chance but not a HUGE possibility)

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I sort of agree.

I say the draft goes:

1: Patrick Peterson
    2: Cam Newton-Blaine Gabbert
    3: Von Miller
    4: AJ Green
    5: Marcel Dareus (Broncos pick)
    Or

1.Cam Newton
    2.Nick Fairley
    3.Von Miller
    4. AJ Green
    5. Marcel Dareus

1.Cam
    2.Gabbert
    3.PP or von
    4.Green
    5.Dareus
    That seems like a very likely scenario to me and if we did miss out on dareus we have a choice of fairley,quinn,PP,and von
    Shefter said that Sam Bradford would go number 1 overall, when everybody was in love with Jimmy Clausen's nuts.

He talks to alot of teams, he may no be a great talent scout. But he knows all things broncos.

Lol no one thought clausen was going number 1 everyone knew bradford was going 1 or 2. Everyone. And its not about whether he knows the broncos its whether he knows what the 4 picks b4 us would do if we traded down

Lol no one thought clausen was going number 1 everyone knew bradford was going 1 or 2. Everyone. And its not about whether he knows the broncos its whether he knows what the 4 picks b4 us would do if we traded down
    No offense but you LOL'ed at something when you re wrong. LOL. Jimmy Clausen was mocked to be the 1st overall for a long time before Bradford jumped him. Belive it

I don't know by who but everything I saw from a month before the draft had bradford and suh 1 and 2. I NEVER saw clausen mocked #1 unless it was kiper who was the ONLY person I remember on clausens nuts and even him I'm sure had bradford number 1 weeks if not months before the draft