Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBailey024 View Post
    I was using an example bud... and I forgot you're Oregon's offensive coordinator and knew the play call. I have looked, all he does is try to run past guards, and in the NFL that isn't going to cut it. NFL Guards are bigger, stronger and faster than college guards. Fairley needs to get stronger if he wants to have a good career.
    They ran a zone read, one of their most used plays. It doesn't take knowing the OC to know that lol. Fairley plays with strength as well, you don't know a lot about him if that's what you think.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Then draft Blaine Gabbert or Robert Quinn.

Denver has so many holes that the No2 pick will find a conerstone player, even if it means taking Aj Green, Denver literally needs everything. -Trading down, btw, is just another in a long list of bad ideas this organization has had, they need quality not quantity and trading down is risk Denver can't afford to take. They've been drafting quantity for the last 2 years.-

And yes, even WR. I'm not saying they should at all, but Green is that good and this illustates my point perfectly. Denver has needs everywhere. Lloyd still has a lot to prove and stands to demand a pant-load of money if he proves it. He's on his umteenth team for a reason, and it's never been a question of talent. Eddie Royal is a favorite of mine, but even tho he was massively misused he's not a true #1 imo. Thomas is a china doll and another waste of a No1 pick, had he been taken in the 2nd round like he should have the Broncos would be much better off. He may still have a bright future but he's an even bigger gamble now than he was after the last injury that should have been a huge redflag (Or was it the injury before that? I lost count). Gaffney is solid and Decker has No2 ceiling, imo. And no longer will any of these players benefit from one of the few things (Only thing) Josh McDaniels did well, getting receivers open.

WR is clearly not Denver's biggest need and WR's and S's should be one of the last pieces of the puzzle when starting from scratch, but it is a need, and it vividly illustrates the depleted roster left over from the McDaniels Error because the fact that even their best positions have massive question marks.

Elway simply can't afford to compound McDaniels' incompetence by ignoring his mistakes and forcing them on the new coaching staff.

Denver needs everything and there is really no position that couldn't/shouldn't be addressed at some point. I'm talking offense/defense, people, l'm not saying your first order of business is wasting valuable assets on a longsnapper, l think we all know how that turned out.......

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    I know, I know...wrong forum but without much going on and the draft around the corner, this is a legit topic for conversation.

Do you stay at #2 and take who?
    Do we try to trade back with the highest bidder and take Best player available?

I, personally, feel that Dareus should be our pick without question if he is available, but if he is taken #1 overall I would hope we end up with either Miller or Peterson. I would love to trade back with the hopes of getting one of these two but that could be a big risk.

Discuss.
    Fox is allegedly the Best Talent on the board kind of guy rather than a Best in position of need guy.

That means we could go either PP, Von Miller or even Fairley. If the draft is as deep as we hope it is, we could take PP and pick up two D-linemen in the second and a safety or linebacker in the third.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Then draft Blaine Gabbert or Robert Quinn.

Denver has so many holes that the No2 pick will find a conerstone player, even if it means taking Aj Green, Denver literally needs everything. -Trading down, btw, is just another in a long list of bad ideas this organization has had, they need quality not quantity and trading down is risk Denver can't afford to take. They've been drafting quantity for the last 2 years.-

And yes, even WR. I'm not saying they should at all, but Green is that good and this illustates my point perfectly. Denver has needs everywhere. Lloyd still has a lot to prove and stands to demand a pant-load of money if he proves it. He's on his umteenth team for a reason, and it's never been a question of talent. Eddie Royal is a favorite of mine, but even tho he was massively misused he's not a true #1 imo. Thomas is a china doll and another waste of a No1 pick, had he been taken in the 2nd round like he should have the Broncos would be much better off. He may still have a bright future but he's an even bigger gamble now than he was after the last injury that should have been a huge redflag (Or was it the injury before that? I lost count). Gaffney is solid and Decker has No2 ceiling, imo. And no longer will any of these players benefit from one of the few things (Only thing) Josh McDaniels did well, getting receivers open.

WR is clearly not Denver's biggest need and WR's and S's should be one of the last pieces of the puzzle when starting from scratch, but it is a need, and it vividly illustrates the depleted roster left over from the McDaniels Error because the fact that even their best positions have massive question marks.

Elway simply can't afford to compound McDaniels' incompetence by ignoring his mistakes and forcing them on the new coaching staff.

Denver needs everything and there is really no position that couldn't/shouldn't be addressed at some point. I'm talking offense/defense, people, l'm not saying your first order of business is wasting valuable assets on a longsnapper, l think we all know how that turned out.......
    I can understand taking another elite player, but I just don't understand the infatuation with Gabbert. He only had 22 TD's his senior year. Is he going to have elite production in the NFL after being only better than average in college?

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    If he does go #1, teams will be calling for our #2 pick, the Bills will take Newton at #3 if he is there.

If no trade happens, i'll get bashed for this, i'd consider Fairley given our DT situation. Peterson will be a stud, but we don't need another CB until next year...

Champ, Goodman, Cox, and Syd is a pretty solid group at CB.
    Not bashing you, but Fairley scares the crap outta me. If Denver takes a risk at DT l hope they take a risk on whether or not Austin and/or Paea will still be there in round 2 -as somebody mentioned before- instead.

Your point is well taken at CB but it's not looking good for Cox. There isn't much 2nd round value at CB unless Smith drops, which won't happen, so Peterson is a viable option, imo. Especially considering the Broncos are rarely drafting in a position to get that kind of talent at CB. Getting Bailey was a fluke, for example, compliments of Clinton Poorti$' greed and inflated reputation.

Having said that, l think l'd take a chance with Johnathon Joseph in free agency and concentrate on another position in the draft at this time.

Free agency should be after draft every year, imo.......

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I can understand taking another elite player, but I just don't understand the infatuation with Gabbert. He only had 22 TD's his senior year. Is he going to have elite production in the NFL after being only better than average in college?
    Cool. I can't understand the infatuation with Tim Tebow.

I look at ability not stats, and l see Gabbert as having all the physical ability you could ask for, plus he has all the intangibles. l'm not the only one who sees it and l'm more interested in fixing what went wrong with this franchise than selling jersey's/suites/seats/underwear. Gabbert has his flaws, no doubt; timidness, college system and limited number of starts, but his pro ability is undeniable. He's a far better pro than college player, imo.

If Tebow wasn't so popular we wouldn't be having this discussion. Gabbert over DL would dominate this message board.......

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Haha once again showing your ignorance, I guarantee you Fairley will have the better NFL career
    Still at it I see. Seriously though just agree to disagree man, let it be.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481226

BRONCOS!

HOKIES

GO STL CARDINALS!!!
    11 TIME CHAMPS!!!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16 (KJV)

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Cool. I can't understand the infatuation with Tim Tebow.

I look at ability not stats, and l see Gabbert as having all the physical ability you could ask for, plus he has all the intangibles. l'm not the only one who sees it and l'm more interested in fixing what went wrong with this franchise than selling jersey's/suites/seats/underwear. Gabbert has his flaws, no doubt; timidness, college system and limited number of starts, but his pro ability is undeniable. He's a far better pro than college player, imo.

If Tebow wasn't so popular we wouldn't be having this discussion. Gabbert over DL would dominate this message board.......
    Let's just set our disagreement on Tebow aside in this discussion.

I'd rather stick with Orton (and that's saying alot), than waste the #2 pick on Gabbert.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    Wow all that technique and he still couldnt produce in College....Sorry I dont by this

Funny you should say that cause last year you went on and on about Dez's character......Dareus was suspended this season for basically the same thing.......Sorry but if character is such a high thing for you....fairley wins
    Hahaha hell no!! Dez lied and was already negotiating with Deion Sanders! Dareus went to a damn party sponsored by one! Hence the suspension difference... and Dez is a damn jack@ss that's why i didn't like him, i could care LESS about his suspension it's how he carries himself

Quote Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
    At the #2 pick, you cant afford a bust. So if Darius is gone, you take Peterson and use the next 3 picks on the D-line.
    That's my line of thinking as well- UNLESS you can't move down to a reasonable point but I'd try damned hard to trade down but have my ticket ready for PP 5 feet from the podium with a guy on a two way radio waiting for the "go/no-go".

Additionally, letting Harris walk, maybe the BPA at right tackle with the last of the four big picks.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue719 View Post
    Fox is allegedly the Best Talent on the board kind of guy rather than a Best in position of need guy.
    Well, that's a fine argument... EXCEPT that it has been stated that it's a Tripartite decision making process, in that Elway and Xanders have equal say.

I trade back in a hurry and try to get Fairley around #7/#8, or move into the teens and take Liuget.

Quote Originally Posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
    I trade back in a hurry and try to get Fairley around #7/#8, or move into the teens and take Liuget.
    I'd take Liuget as high as 8 or 10. I think he's going to be that good. I'm not necessarily saying I'd take him over Fairley, but I don't think 10 is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Let's just set our disagreement on Tebow aside in this discussion.

I'd rather stick with Orton (and that's saying alot), than waste the #2 pick on Gabbert.
    If only Denver could get 31 other teams to agree with you they wouldn't have to waste the #2 pick on Gabbert.......

Quote Originally Posted by ledboots1956 View Post
    If you are thinking that dareus will be gone at #2, no other pick makes sense: PPeterson.

Jay3 -- Fairley's not a bad pick but he makes sense only if Denver trades down. His stock is such that he should be there in the lower order AND Denver will have more picks later.

Personally, Fairley is a 2nd rounder at best. Quinn makes more sense in the lower order in round one.
    Fairley a 2nd round at best? I beg to differ sir..

Maybe he isn't the 2nd overall pick, but I don't think he'll get out of the top 10. And sometimes you have to pick for need. Our entire defense would be worthless if we can't stop the run or get a push up the middle from the D line. I'm not saying Fairley is garunteed to do that.. but I will garuntee that Patrick Peterson won't