Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If Carolina takes Cam, '11 season cancelled, Luck Denver's in '12?

Anyone hoping for this scenario?

We will play ball at some point. Plus if we were to get the number 1 overall next year then I think it would be a huge possibility to get Luck as if we have the worst record in football then Tebow would have really sucked.

But I would be willing to get Luck.

You wont make many friedns around here with this as your first thread. Tebow lovers will be all over this thread if it doesnt get deleted.

As much as I'd hate to have no football in 2011, it would almost be worth it if it meant getting Luck and kicking Tebow to the curb.

I don't think we'll be that bad, to get the #1 overall pick, but if we did, we would probably take Luck since Elway wants him bad.

If we don't, it would take a ton to get Luck, and assuming the team with the 1st doesn't have a franchise QB, they won't trade that pick.

And there will be football at some point, when will that be, i have no idea.

Well, I suppose that's slightly better than hoping we go 0-16.

I'd rather we have success with Tebow, get good value for Orton....and I even hope Orton has success wherever he goes.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Who would hope for no season?

Sig by Blondie79

Quote Originally Posted by kylejoe1 View Post
    There is absolutely no situation in which I'd "hope" for the season to be cancelled.

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

I'd rather we have success with Tebow, get good value for Orton....and I even hope Orton has success wherever he goes.
    Im with you Al. to a season and answers so all of this speculation can finally go away!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Who would hope for no season?
    Crazy people!

This scenario doesn't make sense...why would you want a whole year without football so we could potentially draft a player for a position that we have no need for?

Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    As much as I'd hate to have no football in 2011, it would almost be worth it if it meant getting Luck and kicking Tebow to the curb.
    Yeah cause trading one unknown for another is a good situation to be in. More QB's fail than succeed and Luck certainly could be one that fails.
    Forum "credibility" is the same as writing articles for "The Bleacher Report"

Quote Originally Posted by kylejoe1 View Post

I do not like anything about any of those scenarios.

To me they are all absolute worst case scenarios.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

IF nothing we have works out, then I believe that would be a good and viable option.

IF nothing works out, I know a lockout can't let us see our QBs, but still, Luck is darn good.

So you all make the assumption the draft pick order will remain the same next year if no season played this year...I can't remember exactly the scenario but I believe I read something that the draft order would change somehow, so we may not even be close to having a #2 pick again...
    Besides the players and owners agree they want a deal, so there will be compromise. I would think that a deal similar to the previous one (not the one that just expired) might be a good place to settle on with minor changes/updates even if for a 2 year arrangement while working out a more permanent deal through the term of the new deal.
    I am pretty sure the owners are not willing to go back one deal but probably will go back two.
    The players might very well settle for that considering it was agreed upon at one point. An untenable deal, so much so that the owners pulled the plug only 2 years in is too serious an obstacle to overcome IMO. The players will have to give in this time for there to be football this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

I agree!

Though I am not convinced that Tebow will be a franchise QB in the NFL, I don't understand that people (Bronco fans) can discount that at the moment - or even want that.

TT has done well when he was in - better than even Elway at the same stage of his career. TT has had more success in college than any other QB ever!

I think that the hate on Orton is bizarre - and unjust. I do think that Orton is the better QB right now - but I love the attitude and drive that I see in Tebow. As Bronco Fans we should all hope that in spite of TTs questionable mechanics (and maybe decision making) that he will be more successful than John Elway - and more so for the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I don't think we'll be that bad, to get the #1 overall pick, but if we did, we would probably take Luck since Elway wants him bad.

If we don't, it would take a ton to get Luck, and assuming the team with the 1st doesn't have a franchise QB, they won't trade that pick.

And there will be football at some point, when will that be, i have no idea.
    If the 11 season is cancelled, We'll have the 2nd overall pick again. If Carolina took Newton this year, it would be very unlikely that they would take QB 1st overall again next year. Which means they would take someone else and Luck would be available at 2

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos