Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
    Is that confirmed or is just your opinion? I don't know why they couldn't be traded since they are not under contract
    Im pretty sure of this, I dont have a link to confirm it.

Technically we own their rights. So we cant trade a player without a deal.

Panthers to pass on Newton?

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2...newton-at-no-1
    Sorry if this was posted already.
    Rumors that they will pass on Cam Newton. If they pass on him they will most likely get Marcell Dareus.
    I think this is a good thing for Denver. As much as we need help on the Dline, they're a lot of DT talent in this year draft within the first 3 rounds. I think Denver should try to trade down and go after Patrick Peterson.. even if no one wants to trade up we should still get Peterson.

Just think Champ and Peterson would be a great combo. I understand that if you dont get pressure on the Qb is doesnt matter how great your corners are, they will still get beat.
    That's why in the next couple rounds we go after that Dline
    DT Austin (if he falls)
    DT wilkerson (also if he falls)
    DT Paea
    DT Jenkins

WE can then draft MLB in either Foster or Wilson . We hit all three levels in the first couple rounds of the draft. All potential starters

I was under the assumption that the OP meant after a new agreement was signed cant we trade the rights of the pick away. That we could do. However we will not be able to trade a player after we draft without a deal as they turn from a pick to a player therefor cannot be traded. Im 95% sure on that.

Newton is not a frnachise guy and has so much bust potential. Him and Gabbert are no where near the guys of Ryan-Bradford-Stafford and IMO even Mallet

I still believe Panthers take Newton. They have a terrible O, Clausen may never be the answer, Free Agency may not offer up a good QB for them, and Steve Smith isn't getting any younger. This team needs a jolt of something. Dareus would be a great pick for them, but he's a safe pick, who may take a couple of years to get to the level people expect of him.

OR MAYBE

They still want Luck in 2012, and will continue to lose games til they land him!!!!!!!

As for Us.....

We can't go wrong. If Dareus is gone we still have two studs waiting to be chosen (Miller and Peterson), and we may get a deal to move down. I wouldn't be too sad if we ended up with either of those two players. I'd prefer Miller, because I believe in a strong LB group. Either way, we go DTs after that, possibly 2 straight picks. We complement either pick with a LB or DBack, based on who we choose with our first pick.

I am sure Elway and Fox know whats up, and what to do......plan A or B. Plan C, trading down, intrigues me though. If we can drop a few spots, pick up a couple of extra picks and still get a Miller/Peterson/Fairley.....I'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    Im pretty sure of this, I dont have a link to confirm it.

Technically we own their rights. So we cant trade a player without a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I was under the assumption that the OP meant after a new agreement was signed cant we trade the rights of the pick away. That we could do. However we will not be able to trade a player after we draft without a deal as they turn from a pick to a player therefor cannot be traded. Im 95% sure on that.
    I saw yesterday that Schefter said no players picked can be traded for other players picked, and he used Manning-Rivers as an example.

And this would be the dumbest thing ever, because the team IS prepared for what to do if Dareus is picked first, it's not like they're going to panic and try to think of somebody they haven't worked out or anything, they have a plan, and Newton isn't involved in it.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

The Panthers aren't taking Dareus but IF they do the Broncos should nab Von Miller. The Broncos are partly in the hole they are in because they have gotten too cute with their drafting and Xanders and Elway know this. Get the BEST defensive player available, end of story.

Lightbulb

I would think drafting Miller would be the right move.
    With the 2 picks in the 2nd i would go for beef up front, say Austin, Paea, Taylor, Wilkerson or Ellis.
    Get some guy's in the middle who can clog things up and tie down the interior.
    That way Miller can shift around and Doom and Ayers can rip off the corner on passing downs. I would think there would be greater pressure generated by the front 7.

Well pretty much everyone, including the columnists in the Charlotte Observer, believe the Panthers will take Newton...so I'm thinking they will take Newton.

No one seems to be talking about Peterson at 2 anymore (except for Peterson fans on this board) so I think he might be out of play for the Broncos.

Based on the most recent reports, it seems like it's Dareus or Miller for the Broncos.

Perfect exactly what we want to happen

Everything i've read has them taking Newton, i'd be surprised if they pass on him, but if they do pass on him....

That makes our #2 pick that much more valuable, teams will be calling to get Newton or Gabbert because the Bills will take Newton at 3.

Newton is a Franchize he will have that stadium PACKED he's gonna be a superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Well pretty much everyone, including the columnists in the Charlotte Observer, believe the Panthers will take Newton...so I'm thinking they will take Newton.

No one seems to be talking about Peterson at 2 anymore (except for Peterson fans on this board) so I think he might be out of play for the Broncos.

Based on the most recent reports, it seems like it's Dareus or Miller for the Broncos.
    I hope you're right, but if you follow the link, the source seems to be a pretty credible guy.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Im pulling for the Panthers to pass on Newton. #2 gets traded and we end up with some more picks to build our team with.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

l'm not so sure there'd even be a draft.

In a dream scenario, l'd much prefer getting Dareus and Luck to watching the NFL this season, especially if Denver could get back one of those draft picks used on Tebow.......