Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Josh McDaniels is pure, world class incompetent and dysfunctional. It's his mishandling of this roster and coaches that got him fired, not just Spygat II, because in the end his coaching couldn't cash the checks his ego was writing. It is about talent and not his supposed genius. The notion that this franchise is better off now than when he took over is laughable, nothing more than a product of orange colored glasses. He literally sucked at everything.

Cutler had as much to do with their season as defense, he did everything ya'll said he couldn't and now ya wanna pretend it means nothing. Before you put Tebow ahead of Cutler you might wanna make sure he can be better than Dave Ragone first. If Tebow went back and tried to play on a torn knee you'd all start a petition to put him in the Hall of Fame immediately.

Marshall got stabbed, not the other way around, ya might wanna wait til more info comes out.......

too bad he sucked at drafting thus negating the potential value Denver got from those trades... And Cleveland bent us over on the Hillis for Quinn trade. His mistakes far outweighed his triumphs.
    [SIGPIC]http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=381055&dateline=130386904[/SIGPIC]
    officially licensed tebow hater

Quote Originally Posted by PrideisBears View Post
    Good for Griese leading the league in QB rating, but what has he won again?

Marshall didn't turn down anything, there were rumors about trading him the moment MCD got in the building

What QB wants to be traded especially after coming off a pro bowl and all you need to is fix the defense? It made no sense whatsoever to come in automatically and start talking trade especially for a New England leftover. Oh by the way Chicago has been looking at QB's and Cutler hasn't said a word about it so your example doesn't work.

MCD always wanted New England's trash and so far how has that worked out for you? Matter a fact how have these so called character guys worked out for the Broncos? It's made the Broncos look like fools. What's funny is that every member of the clique are on teams that have better records than the Broncos and a higher ceiling. All of the character guys except Champ suck and really dont contribute anything to the Broncos. McDanields wanted yes men and he got them too. Logan Mankins and Matt light want out of N.E and are very vocal about it, you don't see Bill getting ready to trade two of his best OL men just because they are upset? No team just trades players away because the Player is mad. Bears had the same problem with Lance Briggs. Sorry, fact is MCD wanted it his way all the time and he failed at it. If The Broncos kept the clique and just focused on the defense than maybe they would have been in the playoffs instead of watching Matt cassel in there(which is irony at it's finest)

What this guy isn't telling you, PridelsBear, is that Griese had his career season running a dink and dunk offense that would make Kyle Orton and Rich Gannon roll their eyes. He is selling you a typical, lazy argument based solely on passer ratings, he's probably too young to have even seen Griese's mythical season.

Only in Denver is Brian Griese better than any QB.

Btw, to put passer ratings into perspective; l don't think Elway ever led the league in passer rating, but according to this argument Brian Griese > John Elway.......

marshall is one of the top 3 receivers in the leauge why under any circumstance would you let him go. we will be looking for someone to replace him for the next 10 years. he is best reciever after the catch and the broncos will be with out a true number 1 reciever. you need to treat your best players a little bit different because at the end of the day they are the ones winning you ball games.

Josh McDaniels is a failure because he is NOT a leader of men. He didn't have the cajones to lead people like Cutler, Marshall, Hillis & Scheffler. He is a moral coward with poor character.

Any coach who can't deal with these guys on a team deserves to get fired. With maybe the exception of Marshall, debatable & questionable, none of these guys are major problems. These guys were young and still very impressionable. Anybody with some kind of people skills could learn how to lead by example and earn the respect of his players. Every coach has to go through this in the first year. Until we have somebody on par with fat albert, in my opinion, it's all coach's fault.
    CanDB adopted me. That makes me part Canadian, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by MilEhiGh_11 View Post
    marshall is one of the top 3 receivers in the leauge why under any circumstance would you let him go. we will be looking for someone to replace him for the next 10 years. he is best reciever after the catch and the broncos will be with out a true number 1 reciever. you need to treat your best players a little bit different because at the end of the day they are the ones winning you ball games.
    Marshall is not a top 3 receiver, although he is good, he definately is not top 3. Last year we had a pretty decent number 1 and i'm not sure if we'll have too many problems with our receiving corps.

Marshall is a butt, I understand why he was traded away even if many don't agree with the reasoning, I can sort of understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by red 19 View Post
    Whining about wasting a pick on him is a directly due to us trading him.....

Is that really over your head?? Wasted pick.....because he is not on the team....not because of trading a 1st for a second. There is a big difference.

I liked the move in trading a future to get him, we had him rated high and we went after him. I hated the move of "wasting" him by getting rid of him.
    Sorry, but it was both.

Trading the 14th pick for Smith was beyond ridiculous, he never was the kind of prospect worthy of a No1 pick. Everette Brown was a much better prospect and he too was a wasted pick. But, trading a solid NB for a useless 3rd string TE going into his contract year only compounded the massive screw-up even more.

Proving that Josh McDaniels' incompetence knows no bounds.

It's both a wasted pick and a waste getting rid of him. It's not a contradiction, neither move made sense.......

TD's

Quote Originally Posted by MilEhiGh_11 View Post
    How many TD's did Marshall have last year? Don't give me the line of well he is on a bad team, if he is sooooo good he should be able to score with anyone throwing the rock. Let me save you the time to look it up, he was ranked #69 with 3 total TD's last season, Demaryius Thomas even got 2 last year. I do think he is a beast with the ball but to say he is in the top tier of receivers in the league, all I can say is ....... c'mon man!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrushinMi View Post
    Will you give Jay credit for falling apart before the injury in the NFCCG? 80 yards and 31 qb rating for a half. By the way, let's give credit where its due. They probably don't get to the NFC Championship Game if Calvin Johnson doesn't get hosed or if they weren't the first NFL team to Host a team with a losing record in the playoffs. Just saying.
    Am l the only one who finds it ironic that the same people that claim that the defense carried Cutler to the playoffs keep bringing up a game in which the defense nearly cost the Bears a win?

Just sayin.......

I liked him a lot, but honestly, the boards are SO MUCH BETTER without him as our coach that I think it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Actually the bears 2010 first round pick was used to trade back and get extra picks that allowed us to trade up in the end of the first; so in a way Tebow is a part of the trade for Cutler. As well as D Thomas, and Decker. As for Orton starting next year. I believe it is doubtful. I think Elway is looking at QB's in this draft to make Tebow more motivated to work hard in the off-season and succeed. Although I like Orton, I feel like the city of Denver would revolt if Tebow is not starting next year and Elway knows that.
    This town will not revolt, don't be ridiculous. If Elway believes such nonsense then l sincerely hope his tenure is as short as McDaniels'.

As for looking at QB's, it has nothing to do with motivating Tebow, it has everything to do with the fact that Denver has 1 QB under contract beyond 2011. And that QB has proven next to nothing in the NFL other than the fact that motivation is one of the few things that he doesn't need.......

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Shanahan had the #16 offense in 2008 - an offense that scored 15 points fewer on average in the losses than in the wins, and had extremely poor performance in the losses.

The fact is that teams score points - not yards, and the 2008 team was not good at scoring points!
    Actually, somebody busted this myth years ago; The Broncos finished 11th in "offensive scoring" and 16th in team scoring, when you adjust scoring ranks to exclude defensive and special teams scoring from all 32 teams the Broncos rank higher. 11th is pretty damn salty for an offense that included 7 starters with fewer than 3 years of experience and even few games of starting experience. They ranked even higher in passing game scoring, if l remember correctly.

This argument has been debunked numerous times but apparently it's an easy trap to fall into. ESPN, NFL.com.......none of these sites adjust for defensive and ST's scoring in their scoring rankings.

Stats are dangerous, nowhere near as comprehensive as they should be and too often they're presented with no context.......

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    I think the firing of McD was a smart move. Something was horribly wrong in Denver. Finishing 2-8 and starting on the same note hinted that there was probably an issue.

The blowout against the Raiders, in my eyes, made it obvious that this coaching staff was not competent.

He may be an offensive genius. Forgive me for bringing Orton into this, I'm not trying to start something, but as I was saying, McD may be an offensive genius, but he doesn't run, and honestly, we can't expect a guy like Orton to pass 80% of the time. Therefore, McD's plan was a bad fit. Though, perhaps in the long term it would have changed?
    A lot of questions, and what if's, but I bet if we focused on a more balanced game plan, we could have done much better. (Orton strikes me as a guy who can do wonders in a more balanced O, which has traditionally been Denver's O.)

Just my opinion.
    The reason for lack of a running game was not for lack of trying - it was a realization that our running game due to injuries and rotations was not able to produce. The running game was meant to be a threat and it ended up being unable to produce first downs. Orton of all people was our best runner in the beginning of the season. We had our running game producing less than 2 years per carry - hence giving Orton 1-2 more tries in a series was the only thing that he could do.

The running game improved from 32 to 26 during the year but mostly we had massive problems there in most of the season.

McD

Stupid idiot moron fool punk looser

Brandon Lloyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brandon Marshall!

FACT!!!