Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideisBears View Post
    Got it. Take away his success and only harp on the negative. Im guessing the Broncos playoff runs have been amazing since Jay was traded right?
    Just saying, Jay's "deep playoff run" ended with people (nfl players included) questioning his heart and his toughness. Even if he couldn't play he could have been a leader and offered guidance to his back-up QB's. Instead he sulked on the bench by himself. Enjoy Cutler, I'll take Tebow any day of the week.

The whole anti Diva / anti off the field issues is concerning

I want Super Stars on this team, not weak minded pansies. Granted nothing is 100%, 100% of the time.

It seems to me that a lot of the players that have a Diva persona, they produce. Where have our NON divas gotten us so far. They are usually injured with a BOO BOO. Little trains that couldn't. This is football not a country club. Give me the producers, if that means they get in fights with their wives, you know what this is America so be it, if that means they wear their pants down around their ankles and exercise their free speech and expression..... so be it, as long as they produce.

We are not a free people, It's just a different, under the table, hush hush, form of NON freedom, I'll call it forced conformity. You can't do this, You can do that if you want to work. If I produce better then 95% of the people that do the same job as me. I deserve the position more then the other 95%, no matter what I do on my free time.

What does Marshall's off the field issues have to do with his production? In America, why are they connected again? Why can he not choose to have his wife stab him and have it not effect his career. What's next, If people don't quite watching TV in their free time they don't deserve to work because TV promotes laziness?

Generally speaking players with a larger then life persona have larger then life playing abilities. So as a team what you're going to pigeon hole your self with a limited talent pool, as to satisfy conformity and moral virtue. That's bull and no way to build a winner.

What a person does when they are off the clock is no ones damn business.. That's just plain old American.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition backhand a fool!

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Just saying, Jay's "deep playoff run" ended with people (nfl players included) questioning his heart and his toughness. Even if he couldn't play he could have been a leader and offered guidance to his back-up QB's. Instead he sulked on the bench by himself. Enjoy Cutler, I'll take Tebow any day of the week.
    Yep except Hanie siad he talked to Cutler, there are photo's of cutler talking to Hanie, there's a photo of Cutler listening in on the headset when Hanie was on the field, Cutler was happy when Hanie scored,his teammates stood up for him and people apologized the moment the MRI came out. so besides these facts you're correct. I would rather have Orton than Tebow

Yep except Hanie siad he talked to Cutler, there are photo's of cutler talking to Hanie, there's a photo of Cutler listening in on the headset when Hanie was on the field, Cutler was happy when Hanie scored,his teammates stood up for him and people apologized the moment the MRI came out. so besides these facts you're correct. I would rather have Orton than Tebow
    Let's see the links, because the scene I saw was extremely pathetic.

I see we're scraping the bottom of the barrel with this thread. McD sucks. I thought that was determined when he got fired.

Let's see the links, because the scene I saw was extremely pathetic.

Bears center Olin Kreutz said he could see Cutler's knee wobbling after the hit and was surprised that he tried to return to the game.

"I didn't even think he was going to finish the half," Kreutz said. "When he came back to try it again, that amazed me. It was shaking right after he took the hit and walked back in the huddle.

"So I knew one of his ligaments probably went. I remember him walking in the huddle, and I saw it shaking like this. I said, 'Ah, man.'"

"Jay was hurt," Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher said. "I don't question his toughness. He's tough as hell. He's one of the toughest guys on our football team. He doesn't complain when he gets hit. He goes out there and plays his ass off every Sunday. He practices every single day. So, no, we don't question his toughness."

You got 2 of the toughest players in the game and one of the most out-spoken in Urlacher defending Cutler. Sorry but your opinion means squat compared to theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    There are different kinds of "smart". McDaniels could know about X's and O's but that's it. He was a disaster as a head coach who was responsible for more than just strategy. And even McDaniels had his share of dumb calls on the field. The Broncos will spend some time cleaning the mess.
    I think he is the type that needed to "Just coach," and I think Bowlen gave up on him too soon. If Elway were to come and and take over all personnel powers and let McDaniels "Just coach" I think it would have gone a long way to improving this team.

I'm not trying to dwell on the past or anything, I'm thrilled with the new regime. I just think that we threw away one of the best young minds in football. I blame Bowlen more for the dumb personnel moves than McD, he is the one that gave the kid the power in the 1st place.

Hillis was a dumb move for sure, but honestly, is there anyone here that can honestly say that they knew what he was going to turn out to be? Hillis just didn't show McDaniels anything, and there were reports (I don't know if they're true or not) that Hillis was mackin on McD's wife. The trade seemed decent when it was made, but it turned out real bad. But there was no way of knowing that when the deal was made. Anyone here that says they knew Hillis was going to be the stud he is are lying.

If we could of weathered the storm, let McD's plan take affect, it probably could of paid huge dividends down the road. I just hope his next HC gig is not within the AFC West, cause I think he will be very good at his next spot.

Tebow didnt come from the Bears trade. Orton did, so did alphonso smith, and Robert Ayers.

Also, I thought John Fox stated that the QB was Orton. It didnt sound like Elway was high on Tebow either.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post

Hillis was a dumb move for sure, but honestly, is there anyone here that can honestly say that they knew what he was going to turn out to be?
    LOL. Me?? I've been saying that Hillis is a good RB since 2008. And I was not the only one.

But McDaniels already started his regime with a lot of drama and the trade of Jay Cutler, the franshise QB like it or not. Not a good sign of things to come. No surprise he lost his job so fast.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by the-shuffler View Post
    Tebow didnt come from the Bears trade. Orton did, so did alphonso smith, and Robert Ayers.

Also, I thought John Fox stated that the QB was Orton. It didnt sound like Elway was high on Tebow either.
    Actually the bears 2010 first round pick was used to trade back and get extra picks that allowed us to trade up in the end of the first; so in a way Tebow is a part of the trade for Cutler. As well as D Thomas, and Decker. As for Orton starting next year. I believe it is doubtful. I think Elway is looking at QB's in this draft to make Tebow more motivated to work hard in the off-season and succeed. Although I like Orton, I feel like the city of Denver would revolt if Tebow is not starting next year and Elway knows that.

I think Elway is looking at QB's in this draft to make Tebow more motivated to work hard in the off-season and succeed. Although I like Orton, I feel like the city of Denver would revolt if Tebow is not starting next year and Elway knows that.
    Tebow doesn't need motivation. Maybe he's just not the vision Elway and Fox have in mind for a pocket passer with mobility when needed.

Orton is not starter material and never has been. He's was a career backup until McD decided he could mold him into a HOFer. Anybody that watched Orton knows he's not clutch and thus, is not deserving of the starter job unless he's the only resort.

However, I personally think Orton should start for the season and the QB position should be addressed in the off-season next year. He's the best alternative at the moment for a rebuilding team.

When McD got here we had the #2 offense in the league and the best O-line. McD dismantled it as soon as he got here and did nothing for the area of need (the defense) except hire Nolan but he got rid of him as soon as the season was over. How can that be considered smart?

McD knew how to manipulate the draft, but could not evaluate talent, so they canceled each other out. If McD was smart, his pride and ego would overshadow it.

McD is smart enough to be a good HC, but he would have to grow up first!

Got it. Take away his success and only harp on the negative. Im guessing the Broncos playoff runs have been amazing since Jay was traded right?
    The amazing ignorance of this post is that Cutler never did anything worthwhile in Denver, and the running game carried him in both Denver and Chicago. What he did was cost us a setup where we were in the playoffs every year, had the highest win percentages in Bronco history and Shanahan wasted our picks on a turd. We came off a AFC Championship game where our o-line was totally dominated.

Tim Tebow is everything that Jay Cutler is not - Great leader, tough and hopefully he will play like a deer caught in the headlights. Josh McDaniels made some mistakes - but trading Cutler and Marshall were good decisions, but we had greater needs for his first pick ever than a running back.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrushinMi View Post
    I never heard Royal on the trading block to be honest. You must have missed the 2008 season to see how bad those safeties were back there. 2010 season at least saw our second best defender lost for the season.

The Broncos also got worse overall when they drafted the clique....look it up. Three years before.......2003, 2004, 2005 three years after 2006, 2007, 2008. Funny thing is I will win that comparison, and you have a 7-4 record helping the clique before any of them ever played.
    That's disingenuous at best. Shanny overhauled the roster and had rookies and 2nd to 3rd year players starting at 8 of the 11 spots on offense so of course the record is going to reflect an inexperienced, young roster. At the same time Shanny was rebuilding the offense, the defense basically fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    The amazing ignorance of this post is that Cutler never did anything worthwhile in Denver, and the running game carried him in both Denver and Chicago. What he did was cost us a setup where we were in the playoffs every year, had the highest win percentages in Bronco history and Shanahan wasted our picks on a turd. We came off a AFC Championship game where our o-line was totally dominated.

Tim Tebow is everything that Jay Cutler is not - Great leader, tough and hopefully he will play like a deer caught in the headlights. Josh McDaniels made some mistakes - but trading Cutler and Marshall were good decisions, but we had greater needs for his first pick ever than a running back.
    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson