Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinton Carter

Carter will probably see passing downs in his first season to spell Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by LightningRodBob View Post
    I wonder where this leaves darcel mcbath
    I think him and Moore will be competing for the starting FS spot. McBath can't stay healthy, Dawkins is getting old, and Renaldo Hill is a non-factor, so I'm happy with this pick.

In the training room.

on injured reserve

More like Renaldo Hill, we're getting younger on defense, i'd be shocked if we don't cut Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Carter will probably see passing downs in his first season to spell Dawkins
    These guys have one of the best oppurtunities, to learn from HoF DBs like Dawkins and Champ.

This was a dumb move. We already got mooore as our FS. Carter is a FS. Idk maybe they use him for special teams or to play behind moorre or dawkins. But to me we have too many holes to fill to be picking up players that arent filling our holes. We need a DT. TE . RB.. even a WR and CB before we get another safety. This pick just made me smh. I really dont like this pick

I LOOOOOVE this pick! I live here in Sooner land and I have seen every game of Carters career. He is a beast! He has pros and cons. PROS: He is a great tackler. He loves to lay the wood. He has good hands and will come down with pics! Cons: He has mid range speed. He sometimes takes bad angles.
    In the end Carter will make a great addition to this team! He will probably make an impact on special teams first. I'm willing to bet (because of his speed) that he is going to be our strong saftey. LOVE this draft so far!

Elway has referred to him as a SS in his tweets. That should clear things up.

On the Injury report ... just like every year!

Carter is most likely going to be a SS for Denver and I think McBath is going to stick around but that means Hill and McCarthy will get the axe. There's going to be package plays for McBath because he has all the talent in the world but can never stay healthy. Having a young safety rotation consisting of McBath, Moore, and Carter and having those three learn from Dawkins will be great for the future of Denver. Denver now has the safety tandem of the future, as well as linebackers of the future in Miller and Irving. I'm in love with this draft so far. Denver is getting tons of value in each and every round and are getting guys who could easily contribute come week one.

This dude can hit. He'll probably play SS here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHUhza1hUk

Pumped about this one.

Great picking AS long as we do a good job addressing the DT need in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile303High View Post
    This was a dumb move. We already got mooore as our FS. Carter is a FS. Idk maybe they use him for special teams or to play behind moorre or dawkins. But to me we have too many holes to fill to be picking up players that arent filling our holes. We need a DT. TE . RB.. even a WR and CB before we get another safety. This pick just made me smh. I really dont like this pick
    from elways twitter

Quinton Carter is a big, strong safety who we had rated very high on our draft board. Happy that he fell to us and is a Bronco.

It's becoming clear to me that Fox does not believe he needs difference makers at DT. He feels he can pick up competent older guys in FA to plug in. He'd rather spend valuable draft picks to obtain fast players that will help us create turnovers. Hope it works out...gotta trust him since he knows defense more than either Shanahan or McD.
    thanks Freyaka