View Poll Results: Who do YOU want @ #2!!

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marcell Dareus

65 37.79%
  • Von Miller

53 30.81%
  • Patrick Peterson

39 22.67%
  • Nick Fairley

11 6.40%
  • Cam Newton

4 2.33%
Page 125 of 244 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3649

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

10-15 lbs of muscle and hed be legit and trust me nfl trainers can make that happen

Seems to me that both him & Klug have the frame to easily add 15-20 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by themadfanatic View Post
    10-15 lbs of muscle and hed be legit and trust me nfl trainers can make that happen

You guys ever heard of FREE AGENCY? Denver is going to have the cash and the ability to offer a high quality free agent. It'll be fine. We have had a great draft so far. B+, really depends on Franklin replacing Harris long term IMO
    my new sig.jpg
    Team Tebow #53
    2011 Adopted Posters: Frenchy180 and BroncoFanNC

Chris Neild ...

... played zero tech in West Virginia's 3-3-5 D, and might be of interest since Dennis Allen used that front at New Orleans alternating with the 4-3.

He could play 0, 1, 2, 3 tech. Seems like a run stuffer. A smart guy.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Yeah there's still plenty of time to get a space-filling DT. Elway and company know what they're doing! Best draft in years.

Denver has at least 5 more picks - granted they don't trade one of them for a future pick, so I'd love to see them get at least 2 DT's. Neild, Thornton, Parker, and Ballard are all late round guys I'd like to see Denver target.

Any reason nobody is mentioning Jerrell Powe?

There was a time about half a year ago when people were clamoring for this guy as our first round pick - but now...Persona Non-Grata

I know he has limitations, but he is a big body and plays the position we need a big body for.

Here's the write up from National Football Post on Powe:

A shorter, thickly built defensive tackle who has lost a lot of weight over the past two seasons, but I don't know if he has become more effective because of it. Showcases a good first step for his size and has the power to really jolt an opposing lineman on contact. Isn't real fluid laterally as a pass rusher, as he is more of a push-pull guy, but consistently is able to generate leverage for himself off the snap and overwhelm blockers one-on-one and/or push the pocket. Also, exhibits a violet slap when asked to disengage and has some suddenness to his game off the line. Keeps his pad level down through the play, pumps his legs and consistently is able to fight his way through contact once he gains a step. However, once a defender can get into his frame, he struggles to use his hands to disengage quickly and can be kept at bay if he doesn't win with his initial burst.

Is a physical run defender inside who is tough to move off the ball. Consistently is able to drive his way into the backfield and overwhelm opposing linemen at the point. Possesses a good blend of initial burst and power, and because of his ability to play with leverage through contact he's able to eat up space/blockers inside when run at. Seems to be playing a lot harder this year as well, makes more plays in pursuit on hustle and motor seems to be running a lot higher than in years past. Now, needs to do a better job keeping his legs clean from cut blocks, as he ends up on the ground too often on plays away from his frame. Also, has a tendency to get overextended with his upper body when trying to push his way into the backfield, limiting his effectiveness when asked to quickly shed and make a play on the ball carrier. Isn't the most instinctive of guys either. Struggles to consistently find the football inside and will take himself out of his fair share of run plays trying to create behind the line. Played a lot more of the three-technique this year, and his skill set makes him much better suite to play the nose. Has some character concerns as well having to do with his grades, weight and overall maturity level. Plus, he's older than most prospects at 24-years old.

Impression: A nice wide-bodied player who can hold the point and push the pocket. But, he isn't real instinctive, there are some character concerns and being an older prospect, just is too risky for me to take at some point in round one.
    No problem - we're not in round one - we're in rounds 4 - 7 - we can afford to take a chance on Powe, because if we don't - someone else will.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...epartment.html
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

The big thing about DT is that most people aren't grasping the Vickerson can play the 3 technique in that system...he's an absolute monster. And if we resign Thomas, he'll finally get to do what he was drafted to and go one on one with guards to penetrate.

I love the picks. You don't pass up on a guy who plays with the emotion and fire that Al Wilson did. Especially when you can get him for 3rd round money. And as has been said before, I think it's safe to say that a guy who came back from a potentially fatal car crash and put the number up he did 14 months later really says something about not only his character, but also his general toughness.

I love the picks...Millers, Irving, and Franklin will put fear in the heart of those they go up against - thats the kind of players they are. And Moore will finally give us a player who has the ball skills to make the game changing play over the top when a receiver happens to slide by Champ or Goody. I'm lovin' it.

Von Miller is obviously the best pick.

I was hoping for Dareus but maybe the Broncos think they can get a DT in the 4th or 5th that can do the things they would have been asking Dareus to do.

Maybe their vision of what they want the DT's to do just doesn't warrant picking one in the early rounds.

The Broncos need speed and a pass rush. They got both in Von Miller.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
    DT's are important but linebackers make tackles too. I believe there is a big drop off at linebacker talent wise. While you can pick up a run stuffing DT in the later rounds.
    You have an athlete who can completely seal the strong side edge; it's all contingent on how Ayers reaches his potential at the SDE. Or have Ayers take the B gap and have Miller shoot inside.

And you have a pure MLB who makes a living in the backfield. And we're only 3 rounds deep.

I like it so far

I like what the staff is building. Building the defense and running game is what this team needs to do to be successful. It they took the best players in there eyes, I completely agree with it because I didn't get to see all the workouts and pro day.

Von Miller is the new face of this franchise, so make room Tebow!

Quote Originally Posted by jvw View Post
    Overpaid??!?!!!?!?

He was widely viewed as a 1st round draft pick and they landed him at 45, I would say that was a steal. Shanahan waisted years trying to build through free agency. We are finally starting to build a solid defense through the draft. Well done John and John, well done
    A first rounder because of the weak safety class, since it was a weak draft and he was a good player that propelled him up the charts, look at it like this since you think he's a first rounder, last year 3 first round safeties were taken, Eric Bery, Earl Thomas, and Taylor Mays, do you think Rahim Moore belongs in the same category as those players? Fact is, it's easier to sign a good Safety FA then a good DT FA

Very true on Powe. He's an intriguing prospect and for some reason I thought Carolina took him and not Fua. Powe, Neild, Thornton, Parker, and Ballard are all guys I'd like to see in the mid to later rounds. I'd like to see 2 DTs, 1 HB, 1 TE, and either a FB or DE with the last 5 picks.

Nah its still tebow then doom then royal then knosean then von imo