View Poll Results: Who do YOU want @ #2!!

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marcell Dareus

65 37.79%
  • Von Miller

53 30.81%
  • Patrick Peterson

39 22.67%
  • Nick Fairley

11 6.40%
  • Cam Newton

4 2.33%
Page 192 of 244 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3649

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    John Elway seems like a straight shooter to me.
    he said.. "I am Tebow's biggest fan!"
    I take him at his word... especially now the draft is over..
    there is no more reason to smokescreen the QB issue for the good of the team....

Wait.

I take that back. We do have to keep up the value of the other guy...
    by talking him up and saying he is our starter on the depth chart..
    in order to get a good value in his trade.

The player aquisition game is not over yet.
    So when Elway says that he's Tebow's biggest fan he's a "straight shooter" who's telling the truth because he has to reason to lie?

But when he says that Orton is the starter then he's being dishonest to play some sort of game to boost Orton's trade value and LYING to create a "smokescreen?"

How can you manage to type on your laptop when you're all twisted up like that?
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by biglig View Post
    Amen to that Can! For once I'm gonna share a little optimism.

Orange Crush 2011 baby!
    2012....I think this year is going to be a struggle....wth all these rookies
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

FEX really did a good job the past 23 days....Once I was able to sit back and wrap my head around what they tried to do and what they did......Sure Dline should have been a bigger deal, but they might be putting all their eggs in that basket...SO with a couple solid DT's this draft is easily a homerun on paper......The stuck to their guns, held true to their boards, and did a fine job on paper.....Now we will see how they work out which is the real test
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    I'm a Montana Grizzlies fan so I saw Thomas and Portland State play, the kid is a huge target and has great hands. I'm kind of excited to see how he does. :shake:
    I to am a Montana Griz fan and saw him play us...was the most athletic player and made some great plays....fast...good leaps for catches...he has the Gates look all over him...now if he has the Sharpe attitude and work ethic...I think we have a winner...
    BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    They dont have to pay the rookies any more than they want...If the owners wanted to and got together and made a deal amongst themselves and said rookies are going to be slotted and we are going to pay they X......Nothing the players can do except sit out for the year. But the owners wine every year about player salaries but every year they throw sick money at the top 10 rookies
    No, they could not, that is the point. Its the whole point of the union and the NFL's antitrust exemption. The NFL owners have to abide by the rules in the CBA and when they dropped out of the CBA, they had to abide by the provisioning rules that were agreed upon by the union/nfl in case the owners did use that drop out clause.

If it was that easy, Owners would not bring rookie wage scales to the negotiations. They would of just done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Swerski View Post
    If the Broncos somehow wound up with the 1st pick, even if Tebow wasn't at fault, I bet he'd draft Luck. I think it's obvious that Elway isn't a fan of Tebow the football player, but because of Tebow the person. He's willing to let Tebow prove him wrong. I don't think the QB class was strong enough that you draft a QB just to spite Tebow. He's not a rookie QB anymore and I think Elway will give Tebow a fair shot at proving himself.

It's actually a good thing that Elway didn't blindly jump on the Tebow bandwagon. Elway's job isn't to be a fan. It's to be VP of Football Operations. Sometimes that involves being critical of your own players. Like Elway said he needs to learn to be a great QB from the pocket, and I think that's completely fair.
    I don't think you've been paying attention. Elway has said many times that he believes Tebow is a great football player, and he recently has said that he believes he can become a great QB, it's just a matter of time. He also said he's Tebow's biggest fan. On top of how he feels about Tebow as a ballplayer, I'm sure it's safe to assume he likes Tebow a lot as a person as well.

If Denver signs DeAngelo Williams and Brandon Mebane/Barry Cofield, this easily will be one of the better offseasons in a while. I felt the draft was very, very good.

I would go with Chargers B- and Broncos C+. Even though this is one of our best drafts in a while, it doesn't make it great. There is a reason why the five draft ratings I've seen all have Chargers above Broncos. Hopefully our coach can make all the picks fit with the scheme, but as of now they are just good picks that we are hoping we can mold into the way we want them.

We had 9 picks in the draft. Miller is a great athlete, but is way way too small to play defensive end in a 4-3 and is not a great fit at "sam" linebacker. Moore fits a need and is a great player. However, he will never been an elite corner. Franklin is actually one of the best fits. We have no O-line depth and he will be a nice fit at guard. He shouldn't play at tackle though, he will get killed by quick outside rushers. Irving could be a good fit depending on where you put him. Inside and Haggans on outside? Carter is a great fit at safety and def fills a need. Thomas is a good TE, good pick. I'm not gonna go through them all. But we had 9 picks, there are a lot of teams with half the amount of picks and who drafted in the back part of rounds and who look a lot better than we do.

Chargers had 8 picks. And they hit some big needs with potential starters. Liuget at 18 was a great pick. Best DT behind Dareus and Fairley, and he fits a big need. Chargers DT don't have any big plays and one DT is a free agent. They could have used two picks here. Chargers then get Gilchrest. He's more fit for zone so not a great fit, but will fill a huge need on special teams. plus hes very versatile, has played fs, cb on outside, and cb in slot. will start by year 2. then chargers get mouton. Def fills a huge need and is a perfect fit. Brown at wr is a good pick. Hes a local guy so im sure they know a good deal about him. great route running and great hands. their wr corp is always injured and they have 3 potential free agents. great fit. wright, great cover corner, great fit.
    Last edited by cwpomerta; 05-01-2011 at 11:15 AM.

I as well dont want to get to deep in predictions, but i will say this.....we lost several close games last year. I dont think anyone feeling optimistic we will be better this year with the addition of Miller and Doom on defense is in any way being a hommer.

Quote Originally Posted by d-bronx42 View Post
    Trade Orton straight up for Mebane... I would absolutely love that deal.
    I think the Seahawks would rather roll the dice with Whitehurst than trade for Orton, they already overpaid to get him just last season. Sadly I don't see many landing spots for Orton, maybe Tennessee as a stopgap for next season.

McShay said earlier on ESPN that he thought Denver had one of the better drafts this year and I agree completely with him.

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    So when Elway says that he's Tebow's biggest fan he's a "straight shooter" who's telling the truth because he has to reason to lie?

But when he says that Orton is the starter then he's being dishonest to play some sort of game to boost Orton's trade value and LYING to create a "smokescreen?"

How can you manage to type on your laptop when you're all twisted up like that?
    Elway was getting something out of it when saying "Orton is the starter" by trying to up his trade value. He had a lot of people (including me) believing we could easily take a QB.

What does he have to gain out of saying he's Tebow's biggest fan and that at this point we were probably going to go with Tebow? The difference is, that one was setting a smokescreen for other NFL teams. Now there's nothing to gain. What's the point in lying and/or creating a smokescreen now? Please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I could see us try and get Brandon Mebane in Free agency (if there is one)

Re-sign Marcus Thomas

LE: Dumervil
    RE: Ayers/Beal
    DT: Mebane/Fields
    DT: Vickerson/Thomas
    Mebane was exactly who I was thinking of when we didn't take a DT in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am getting a real good sense of calm, but excitement about our leadership group.

I get the feling they know exactly what they are doing, and they are collectively in step. This just may be the best management team we have ever had......just need some on the field proof.
    This is exactly the feeling I get. A few times during the draft, I was like "What are you doing?", but then I stepped back a bit and it was obvious what they were doing. It's pretty great. I think we had one of the best drafts in the league. We got better on both offense and defense in my opinion. What more could we ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

No facepalms=Success...
    There it is...lol....
    Cheers to you as well Taos
    http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp179/Sean669m2/m_ae5661171089a968d5e7d319920237-1.png