View Poll Results: Who do YOU want @ #2!!

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marcell Dareus

65 37.79%
  • Von Miller

53 30.81%
  • Patrick Peterson

39 22.67%
  • Nick Fairley

11 6.40%
  • Cam Newton

4 2.33%
Page 15 of 244 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

Here's a perfect post by newera44 that illustrates perfectly the problems the NFL faces going forward with no lockout, no CBA, and no union:

Even of the Packers profit margin has reduced, the Packers have been making a bunchof money and is nowhere close, not even in the same ball park as the poor house.

“Yet again a court sides with a union”

Yet again, you miss the point.

There is no union. It doesn’t exist. It dissolved.

That’s point one.

In the absence of a union, a business can run itself however it sees fit. However point two is this: the NFL is not a single business. You seem to forget that the Supreme Court … 9-0, including all the conservatives … already decided that the NFL has to be treated as 32 separate businesses.

And why should it be otherwise? They have separate profits. They have separate ownership and separate management.

So, point three is that 32 separate businesses cannot collude on joint business arrangements without violating the anti-trust laws, unless there’s an exemption. There is, of course, an exemption for collective bargaining with a union. And so I must take you back to point one … there’s no union.

If the Green Bay Packers want to shut down their operation, they are entitled to do so. However, what they cannot do is agree with 31 other teams that they will ALL shut down their operations. That’s an anti-trust violation.

And that’s why the league office had better tread very carefully here. With triple damages at risk, a multi-billion dollar verdict against the league is not out of the question, if they ignore the court order and collude to violate the anti-trust laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac730 View Post
    Happy Draft day Broncos country

I'm going to Rock my Tebow Jersey the second I get off work!

(Tebow)

"With" the second pick of the 2011 draft the Denver Broncos Selected? Von Miller from Texas A&M University.

Draft Day > XMAS

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Draft Day > XMAS
    You beat me to it BTX77. That is exactly what I was thinking. I was so excited about the possiblities, I hardly got any sleep last night!

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    You beat me to it BTX77. That is exactly what I was thinking. I was so excited about the possiblities, I hardly got any sleep last night!
    I've got all TV's and computer tuned into draft talk L O L.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I think there is a bit of collusion (nothing to support it) on the owner's side here. As a group, they are just not acknowledging the season is back on. I expect very little activity until the appeal is decided on.
    Agreed. With Nelson denying the stay, their next step is to go to the Appeals Court and ask THEM to grant a stay. That is unlikely to happen today and therefore, nothing will happen on free agency or player trades until the Appeals Court in St. Louis would turn down the stay (if they do) and even then, they may have a "gentleman's agreement" not to do any free agency or trades until the Appeals Court has ruled on the appeal of Nelson's decision to end the lockout.

IF the Appeals Court agrees with Nelson, then we will see the owners willing to sit down and bargain to get a CBA, since they will effectively have "lost" and need to start working out a deal that doesn't cost them more in free agency than if there is no CBA.

If the Appeals Court overturns Nelson, the owners will sit tight and wait until the season is supposed to start and players start getting desperate for their paychecks and the players "fold" and agree to a CBA that is much more favorable to the owners.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Quote Originally Posted by rogue719 View Post
    Agreed. With Nelson denying the stay, their next step is to go to the Appeals Court and ask THEM to grant a stay. That is unlikely to happen today and therefore, nothing will happen on free agency or player trades until the Appeals Court in St. Louis would turn down the stay (if they do) and even then, they may have a "gentleman's agreement" not to do any free agency or trades until the Appeals Court has ruled on the appeal of Nelson's decision to end the lockout.

IF the Appeals Court agrees with Nelson, then we will see the owners willing to sit down and bargain to get a CBA, since they will effectively have "lost" and need to start working out a deal that doesn't cost them more in free agency than if there is no CBA.

If the Appeals Court overturns Nelson, the owners will sit tight and wait until the season is supposed to start and players start getting desperate for their paychecks and the players "fold" and agree to a CBA that is much more favorable to the owners.
    That seems like the likely scenarios. Hopefully, the Appeals court agrees with Nelson, and we can enjoy a full offseason.
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.

what if the panthers dont draft newton? i know that seems highly unlikely but what if?
    [IMG]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1617/dwilliams27sig2ra.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/twolves4ever/darrent.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Draft Day > XMAS
    It's Football Christmas! Which shiny present is for us?

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney27 View Post
    what if the panthers dont draft newton? i know that seems highly unlikely but what if?
    Then we could entertain many many lucrative trade offers, and take our pick. Or we could stick to the plan and draft the best defensive player available.

Either way, regardless of what Carolina does, we're still going to be in great shape.

And I HIGHLY doubt we use a 1st-3rd round pick on a QB.
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.

"Those guys, obviously, there's holes in every young guy coming out," he said. "There's not an Andrew Luck, a [Matthew] Stafford, a [Sam] Bradford. Those guys are all very good quarterbacks in my mind, but there are holes in every one of them -- as there were in Tebow. I think where we are as an organization, we're going to go with Tim."
    Elway just said this, we are not taking a quarterback. That said, there is no way Arizona trades up for Gabbert. Hes not worth a 1st round pick most years, i think they will take their chances that he either falls to them or they take AJ Green if Cinnci takes Gabbert. No reason at all to waste a pick...
    2012 Mock- Stickin W/ Tebow
    1- Kawaan Short, DT, Purdue (trade to mid 20's)
    2- Chase Minnifield, CB, UVA
    2- Juron Criner, WR, Arizona(acquired in trade down)
    3- Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati
    4- Julian Miller, DE, WVU
    5- Vick Ballard, RB, Miss. St.
    5-Chandler Harnish, QB, NIU

Address OLine depth in FA.

twitter is rambling on about KO to Minny

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    As long as it's not Fairley or Newton, I'm fine with either Dareus, Miller, or Peterson.
    That is exactly how I feel.

1) Dareus
    2) Peterson
    3) Miller
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

taking darues at #2 would be a mistake imo. if we don't go peterson/miller, i'd rather trade back and snag fairley a few spots down

basically, taking DT (not named Suh) at #2 to me is akin to the chiefs overdrafting tyson jackson at #3 in 09

Unless Elway took a page out of Shanny's smokescreen book it really doesn't sound like we're gonna draft a QB.