View Poll Results: Who do YOU want @ #2!!

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marcell Dareus

65 37.79%
  • Von Miller

53 30.81%
  • Patrick Peterson

39 22.67%
  • Nick Fairley

11 6.40%
  • Cam Newton

4 2.33%
Page 17 of 244 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

Well the last I heard was the possibility for player trades was still open for Friday, aka the 2nd round and later. Definitely not Thursday (1st round) though. So we may still be able to get a 2nd rounder for him (or more likely a 3rd round pick). I don't think Orton was gonna be traded for a 1st anyway lol
    thanks Freyaka

Trade back get an extra 2 and take Fairly!!!!! It would have to be with a team like Ari that would want miller or Gabbert

I want a dominant DT.

If Dareus is picked by the Panthers then we should try to trade down and still snag Fairley.

If the Panthers pick Newton, then Dareus should be our guy.

If the Panthers pick Green, then we should entertain offers to move down and get either Dareus, Fairley, Miller or Peterson.

Who knows how this thing is going to play out?

It's an exciting time to be a Broncos Fan. That much I do know!

I am slowly moving over to the von miller side, him or dareus but i voted for miller.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Fairley. It fits the small and fast defensive line that we want to transition to.

Draft Patrick Peterson, then trade up with our 2 early 2nd round picks, into the middle of the 1st round, and draft an elite DT like Stephen Paea. Both problems solved (DT and DB) right there in the 1st to 2nd round.

Whether you like to agree with it or not, we have a glaring need in the secondary too. Bailey, Goodman, Dawkins, and Hill are all over the age of 32. We need to fill the gap with young stars in our secondary. It's a shame that we didn't get this process started already, but it's better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Markusseven77 View Post
    Draft Patrick Peterson, then trade up with our 2 early 2nd round picks, into the middle of the 1st round, and draft an elite DT like Stephen Paea. Both problems solved (DT and DB) right there in the 1st to 2nd round.

Whether you like to agree with it or not, we have a glaring need in the secondary too. Bailey, Goodman, Dawkins, and Hill are all over the age of 32. We need to fill the gap with young stars in our secondary. It's a shame that we didn't get this process started already, but it's better late than never.
    it's a shame we traded away alphonso smith for a 3rd string TE

Take the best player in this entire draft and the best playmaker in Patrick Peterson, then take 2 DT's in the second, or 1DT 1LB. Peterson will have a Reed/Polamalu type of effect in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by shalowlow View Post
    What's to stop teams from doing the following for instance:

Denver has Kyle Orton.

Minnesota wants Kyle Orton and is willing to trade a third round pick in this year's draft.

Denver accepts the trade, but they can't trade the player because of the vague limbo rules right now.

Instead, Minnesota picks the player that the Broncos want with that third round pick that Minnesota has.

When rules are set, the trade is consummated and the Broncos get their third round pick (in the form of a player that they had Minnesota pick for them) and Minnesota gets Orton.

It would be tricky, because no one wants to get screwed, but what would stop teams from contractually obligating each other like this?
    New England has MN's 3rd round pick....
    Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I'm still thinking it's Dareus.

He said they got their guy 7/9 times.

If they want Miller, he's there 9/9 times because Carolina isn't even considering him at 1.

Down to Dareus or Peterson, and even possibly Fairley.
    He said they got their guy in 7 of nine. But did 7 mocks without trades on tuesday.....two with trades on weds.

The two with us trading down is where they dont get miller. 100% they get miller w out trades in those first 7 mocks.

Therefore its miller.

yeah ok

i for one have no no problem getting rid of ortman see ya allthough if you point him in the right direction he mite compleat a pass no wait we tryed that he just throughs interceptions let the vikes have em

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos724 View Post
    Under this scenario, if their guy was Von Miller, they'd get him every time at #2 because Carolina isn't interested in him. Unless there are teams that trade up to no. 1 to take him before us. Doesn't seem likely.
    The only scenario we dont get our guy miller is if WE trade down. That was the two mocks done weds w trading down.

Quote Originally Posted by jcleveland View Post
    i for one have no no problem getting rid of ortman see ya allthough if you point him in the right direction he mite compleat a pass no wait we tryed that he just throughs interceptions let the vikes have em
    You should sign up so I can neg this.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by blue diamond View Post
    The only scenario we dont get our guy miller is if WE trade down. That was the two mocks done weds w trading down.
    Its the same with Peterson and Fairley as well, assuming their trade down were to the teams we know about IE Washington, Houston, and some other team

Quote Originally Posted by jcleveland View Post
    I think it's English... but I'm not sure...
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.