98. Darren McFadden
    97. Shaun Phillips
    96. Nick Collins
    95. Jon Beason
    94. Frank Gore
    93. Eric Berry
    92. Lance Briggs
    91. Terrell Owens
    Not a bad list so far. Although after the way Darren McFadden played against us he should be listed at least a bit higher.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Not a bad list so far. Although after the way Darren McFadden played against us he should be listed at least a bit higher.
    I don't really like it so far.

Jon Beason at 95 There are 94 players better than him right now?!

McFadden didn't do anything until last year so that is why he is there. If he has another good year, he'll move up next year for sure.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    I don't really like it so far.

Jon Beason at 95 There are 94 players better than him right now?!

McFadden didn't do anything until last year so that is why he is there. If he has another good year, he'll move up next year for sure.
    Agreed, 98 is fair.

The question is, overall active career, or just last year, or last few years?

If McFadden is on there because of what he did last year, then what if McNabb makes it on their, because he did not do so good last year, but has had a great career.

Is Eric Berry's 1 year better than nearly 2000 other NFL players, i'm sure with some having many years of solid production? Not saying he shouldn't be on there, but the list might seem spliced together between so many different levels.

I think a question more along the lines of, "If you could make 2 dream teams, each position plus having a backup at each position, who would those players be?" More of a Pro-Bowl format. Basically the best 4 players at each position. Then you can argue the order of each of those players within their position instead of trying to say:

"Was TO a better receiver last year than Eric Berry was a safety?" Seems too hard to me to empirically compare the two.

There is 12 QB's on the list apparently, but I don't see how there is possibly 12 QB's as top 100 active players...
    Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 05-02-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Adopted by JakeNbake

Sig by Freyaka

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    The question is, overall active career, or just last year, or last few years?

If McFadden is on there because of what he did last year, then what if McNabb makes it on their, because he did not do so good last year, but has had a great career.

Is Eric Berry's 1 year better than nearly 2000 other NFL players, i'm sure with some having many years of solid production? Not saying he shouldn't be on there, but the list might seem spliced together between so many different levels.

I think a question more along the lines of, "If you could make 2 dream teams, each position plus having a backup at each position, who would those players be?" More of a Pro-Bowl format. Basically the best 4 players at each position. Then you can argue the order of each of those players within their position instead of trying to say:

"Was TO a better receiver last year than Eric Berry was a safety?" Seems too hard to me to empirically compare the two.

There is 12 QB's on the list apparently, but I don't see how there is possibly 12 QB's as top 100 active players...

This was my problem with the list. You get into position comparisons instead of player comparisons and weighing different stats becomes a matter of opinion... like whats a pass defense worth over a reception?

This is just a 5 hour block of garbage for them to attach commercials to.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    This was my problem with the list. You get into position comparisons instead of player comparisons and weighing different stats becomes a matter of opinion... like whats a pass defense worth over a reception?

This is just a 5 hour block of garbage for them to attach commercials to.
    In their defense... it'll be 10 hours plus the 'reaction' show.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    In their defense... it'll be 10 hours plus the 'reaction' show.
    F.

ten. lol.

Ten down and 90 to go! Pretty good list!

Im curious to see how this all pans out.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

What a joke.

Jon Beason is a top 25 player in the NFL and Donovan McNabb got benched halfway through the season.

Not to mention T.O.'s popcorn is getting cold.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    What a joke.

Jon Beason is a top 25 player in the NFL and Donovan McNabb got benched halfway through the season.

Not to mention T.O.'s popcorn is getting cold.

Ugh.
    Agreed, I'd say every starting kicker in the NFL should be on this list ahead of McNabb. Who created this list? Players? NFL Network?

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoElway View Post
    Agreed, I'd say every starting kicker in the NFL should be on this list ahead of McNabb. Who created this list? Players? NFL Network?
    400 NFL players...I want to know if they were voting on how well they will do in 2011 or just overall career or what the actual criteria for voting was!

I just heard that Cribbs was placed at #84 on the list.

Cribbs is coming off the worst season of his career, yet somebody decided that having the worst season of his career merited being placed on a list of the top 100 players in the NFL this past season.

I am wondering what it is that put him on the list this year? Was it his 1 touchdown reception? Probably not.

Was it his 66 rushing yards and 0 touchdowns? Highly unlikely.

How about his 19 passing yards and 0:0 TD-INT Ratio. Extremely unlikely..

His 800 kick return yards and 0 touchdowns? Unlikely again.

Wait, it must have been his 168 punt return yards and 0 touchdowns! No, can't be.

Let's see ... he scored 1 touchdown total last year and fumbled the ball .... seven times! That must be it!? No, I still don't know. I can't find a darn thing that merits him being in the top 100 players of this past season! Now, if it was two seasons ago, yes, I see why he would be on the list. But, this isn't two years ago - this is this past season!

Most likely he made the list because of his inflated contract. That's where he scored big this last season. Getting paid top dollar in exchange for being one of the worst (if not the worst) special teams players of 2011!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 05-14-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I just heard that Cribbs was placed at #84 on the list.

Cribbs is coming off the worst season of his career, yet somebody decided that having the worst season of his career merited being placed on a list of the top 100 players in the NFL this past season.

I am wondering what it is that put him on the list this year? Was it his 1 touchdown reception? Probably not.

Was it his 66 rushing yards and 0 touchdowns? Highly unlikely.

How about his 19 passing yards and 0:0 TD-INT Ratio. Extremely unlikely..

His 800 kick return yards and 0 touchdowns? Unlikely again.

Wait, it must have been his 168 punt return yards and 0 touchdowns! No, can't be.

Let's see ... he scored 1 touchdown total last year and fumbled the ball .... seven times! That must be it!? No, I still don't know. I can't find a darn thing that merits him being in the top 100 players of this past season! Now, if it was two seasons ago, yes, I see why he would be on the list. But, this isn't two years ago - this is this past season!

Most likely he made the list because of his inflated contract. That's where he scored big this last season. Getting paid top dollar in exchange for being one of the worst (if not the worst) special teams players of 2011!
    Except it's not LAST season that they are voting on they are voting who the top players in 2011 will be....everyone has a bad season try not to be so hard on your freaking team!