View Poll Results: NBA champions

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mavs in 4

    1 2.86%
  • Mavs in 5

    3 8.57%
  • Mavs in 6

    14 40.00%
  • Mavs in 7

    4 11.43%
  • Heat in 4

    0 0%
  • Heat in 5

    3 8.57%
  • Heat in 6

    8 22.86%
  • Heat in 7

    2 5.71%
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1368
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Am I missing something? The Mavs were 38/116 from 3 against the Thunders awe inspiring defense. That's 32%. Not that scary. Everybody is just remembering the Lakers series and are assuming they'll be able to get the same open looks against the Heat despite the fact that the Heat are 100x more athletic than the Lakers.
    Not missing much, just saying Chicago had a TON of wide open looks and missed, yes, i doubt Dallas shoots like they did against LA.....

    But they won't go stretches where they don't score for 4-5 minutes like Chicago did.

    Oh, and Barea is going to be a handful for Miami, that guy is so quick.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Am I missing something? The Mavs were 38/116 from 3 against the Thunders awe inspiring defense. That's 32%. Not that scary. Everybody is just remembering the Lakers series and are assuming they'll be able to get the same open looks against the Heat despite the fact that the Heat are 100x more athletic than the Lakers.
    Yea, but that's because the thunder have fast, young, lengthy players to chase down 3 point shooters. The heat don't. I suspect the mavs will shoot 40 percent from 3 point territory this series. Dirk is a bad mismatch for the heat. ESPN was saying to have lebron guard dirk, but I think that's dumb. I feel dirk could just fire jump shots over lebron all day.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Not missing much, just saying Chicago had a TON of wide open looks and missed, yes, i doubt Dallas shoots like they did against LA.....

    But they won't go stretches where they don't score for 4-5 minutes like Chicago did.

    Oh, and Barea is going to be a handful for Miami, that guy is so quick.
    Heat just got finished guarding Rose. Barea will seem slow to them.

    They won't be able to throw all the guys at him that they threw at Rose because of the presence of Dirk, but I don't see him slicing it into the paint for 15-20 points a game...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Heat just got finished guarding Rose. Barea will seem slow to them.

    They won't be able to throw all the guys at him that they threw at Rose because of the presence of Dirk, but I don't see him slicing it into the paint for 15-20 points a game...
    Rose is the only real offensive threat Chicago has for the most part, and Barea is faster then Rose...

    I agree with that, but he'll get 10-15+ i'd say, not sure who Miami puts on him.

    This should be an interesting chess match with Spo and RC.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Yea, but that's because the thunder have fast, young, lengthy players to chase down 3 point shooters. The heat don't. I suspect the mavs will shoot 40 percent from 3 point territory this series. Dirk is a bad mismatch for the heat. ESPN was saying to have lebron guard dirk, but I think that's dumb. I feel dirk could just fire jump shots over lebron all day.
    Sorry but that statement is a little ignorant.... LeBron, Wade, Chalmers, Haslem, Miller, Bosh.... all those guys play great defense on 3's because they have athleticism, speed, and length.

    And I bet you're going to see Big Z get a shot to guard Dirk in this series. I'm not sure if it's gonna work, but his size will give him a shot, so we'll see how it goes.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Rose is the only real offensive threat Chicago has for the most part, and Barea is faster then Rose...

    I agree with that, but he'll get 10-15+ i'd say, not sure who Miami puts on him.

    This should be an interesting chess match with Spo and RC.
    Barea is in no sense of the word faster than Rose. He might have him beat in short area agility, but he's nowhere near as strong, explosive, or fast as Rose. Heat will be able to body him up with Chalmers who is known as a defensive PG and ask him to shoot over Bosh who has tremendous length, or Anthony who has become a great shot blocker in the playoffs.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Anyways, I'm out for the night. Can't wait for the series to start Tuesday night

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Sorry but that statement is a little ignorant.... LeBron, Wade, Chalmers, Haslem, Miller, Bosh.... all those guys play great defense on 3's because they have athleticism, speed, and length.

    And I bet you're going to see Big Z get a shot to guard Dirk in this series. I'm not sure if it's gonna work, but his size will give him a shot, so we'll see how it goes.
    LMAO, Dirk would destroy Z if they try that.

    They may activate Z just so they have enough bigs to match Chandler/Haywood plus Dirk.

    I'd say Haslem, Anthony, Bosh, and Bron take turns on Dirk and hope for the best.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    LMAO, Dirk would destroy Z if they try that.

    They may activate Z just so they have enough bigs to match Chandler/Haywood plus Dirk.

    I'd say Haslem, Anthony, Bosh, and Bron take turns on Dirk and hope for the best.
    I'm not saying they're gonna say hey Z go man up with Dirk one on one and stop him, but they'll put him on the floor in some zone schemes and tell him to stay near him at all times. He's 7'3 with freakishly long arms, and should be able to force Dirk to alter some shots.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Sorry but that statement is a little ignorant.... LeBron, Wade, Chalmers, Haslem, Miller, Bosh.... all those guys play great defense on 3's because they have athleticism, speed, and length.

    And I bet you're going to see Big Z get a shot to guard Dirk in this series. I'm not sure if it's gonna work, but his size will give him a shot, so we'll see how it goes.
    Only wade and lebron could bother a shot. Haslem won't leave the paint to run down a 3, and IMO Chalmers, Miller, and Bosh are awful on defense. The Mavs will have tons of 3's wide open, just like the bulls did.

    I'm not even responding to the big z comment, that's worse than lebron. My guess is Haslem, but we will see.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Only wade and lebron could bother a shot. Haslem won't leave the paint to run down a 3, and IMO Chalmers, Miller, and Bosh are awful on defense. The Mavs will have tons of 3's wide open, just like the bulls did.

    I'm not even responding to the big z comment, that's worse than lebron. My guess is Haslem, but we will see.
    Sorry then you don't know what you're talking about. Chalmers is known as a defensive point guard first and an offensive point guard second. Miller is known as a solid defender, and Bosh has played solid defense all season. Garnett had one good game against him and got basically abused the other 4.

    You don't have 3 of your guys who get high minutes be awful on defense and have one of the leagues top defense That just doesn't make any sense.

    And like I said, they won't tell Z to guard Dirk one on one, but he's 7'3 with a huge wingspan, he'll be able to alter shots in a double team with Haslem, LeBron, Anthony or Bosh.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Okay I'm seriously going to bed this time.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    6,071
    I've got the Heat in 7, but Dirk has been playing out of his mind and I think the Mavs are - overall - a deeper team. I think this one could go either way to be honest...


    @BlueNOrangeFTW

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,245
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    I've got the Heat in 7, but Dirk has been playing out of his mind and I think the Mavs are - overall - a deeper team. I think this one could go either way to be honest...
    i feel the same way


    this is a really intriguing finals we're about to see

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    10,028
    Mavericks in 6 should be great series looking forward to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •