Are they moving?

Chargers have been on the block for a while to LA, what exactly is the deal anyway? All smack aside, I don't want this move, I thought it SUCKED when the Raiders moved there, look how that turned out.

If any City needs a NFL team, here in OKC OK, could support them, look how crazed this town is for NBA!!! Allready they are ranked top 10 sport franchises.
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    Chargers have been on the block for a while to LA, what exactly is the deal anyway? All smack aside, I don't want this move, I thought it SUCKED when the Raiders moved there, look how that turned out.

If any City needs a NFL team, here in OKC OK, could support them, look how crazed this town is for NBA!!! Allready they are ranked top 10 sport franchises.
    They are on the block because they are in an old stadium, and they want a new one. The problem being is that the government is filled with (insert insult here) The city of San Diego is broke. It actually COSTS the city money every time they host a football game.

So in a time when we cannot hire new cops because the old cops that have retired are making absurd money in that retirement check, the Chargers want access to a piggy bank that is empty.

It won't be the same if they move, I'll still support them but it will be like rooting for the Lakers, it just doesn't feel right. Despite all of this, I still think it's the Jaguars that go to LA. Even though part of me actually wants the Bolts to leave, A Spanos is set to take over as GM when AJ leaves.

Brief overview of the situation:

- Qualcomm is one of the oldest NFL stadiums
    - San Diego is only 100 miles south of Los Angeles
    - There is a Chargers fan base in Los Angeles and Orange County
    - 30% of Charger season ticket holders reside in Orange County alone
    - The Chargers are the most attractive/best team of the possible teams (Jaguars, Rams, Bills, Vikings, Raiders)
    - AEG (The group paying for this stadium in downtown Los Angeles) would like a majority share in whichever team will be moving (Dean Spanos the Chargers owner hasn't been willing to give away his majority ownership share)
    - AEG already said hypothetically that they would be willing to pay the Chargers $24 million buy out lease so they could move when they'd like to
    - Since Los Angeles and San Diego are both in Southern California, there wouldn't need to be any realignment of divisions, and the Chargers would retain their fan base unlike the other teams listed above
    - The Chargers have hired a group that has proposed an approximately $800 million stadium in downtown San Diego located near Petco Park (where the Padres play) to keep the Chargers in San Diego but it looks doubtful because most of the $ would have to be paid by the public
    - San Diegans are tired of paying $ to a team that hasn't shown they can win a Superbowl

All signs point to the Chargers moving to Los Angeles within the next 2 years. I don't like it, but I'm being realistic. Unless somehow the public pays a majority of that $800 million stadium downtown, the chances of the Chargers bolting to Los Angeles increases.

----

Oh yeah and those are just off the top of my head because living in S.D. we hear a lot about this on the radios EVERYDAY, so don't attack me if its not 100% factual.
    Last edited by powderblues; 06-19-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

i wouldn't mind chargers going to okc

they have tough winters there by any chance? i'm hoping for a place that can toughen em up a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post

they have tough winters there by any chance? i'm hoping for a place that can toughen em up a bit more
    nah, but it sure as hell is hot in the summer, which is where and when they need to be "toughen'ed up" IMO

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    nah, but it sure as hell is hot in the summer, which is where and when they need to be "toughen'ed up" IMO
    Yeah they start out slow in September due to their lack of focus in the late off season (summer time).

It's like someone needs to change their calendar from this:

September, October, November, December

to this:

December, December, December, December
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. VonDoom View Post
    Has to be St Louis Rams or the San Diego HotDogs. If it were Jacksonville or Vikings it would ruin the divisions west,north etc.
    Jacksonville to LA would be fine in the AFC South.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. VonDoom View Post
    Why take a beloved team like the vikes (want out because of stadium not lack of fan support) or jag's (jacksonville fans didn't have single black out last year) away from their fans.
    The Jaguars go through more TARP than the US Government.
    Last edited by Puddleglum; 06-20-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: gramm,r

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post

We get some snow, mostly Ice , and usually late December early January.
    oh YEAH?

We get some snow, mostly Ice , and usually late December early January.
    good enough for me lol