Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Remember Hardhome?

It's unforgettable now.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Ok. Just watched the episode

I bet John Snow took a knee in private in the cave and they didn't show it...

That'll come out when his fight in the North happens.
    I am pretty sure Jon is going to bend the knee...the show is just being dramatic about it.

Technically when she did the Loot Raid scene she was listening to Jon's advice by not burning castles and cities
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

In the Season 6 finale, Dany dumped Daario as a hindrance to a potential political marriage in Westeros -that was specifically written in as the first part of setting one up.

Jon quickly arrived on Dragonstone and now Dany and Jon are sharing ample screen time together --that's setup part two.

Jon has maintained his status as an equal, a monarch who will not bend the knee and become a vassal. That sets him above any other lord in the realm. The North represents about 40% of the landmass of Westeros which could be secured through a marriage alliance instead of by conquest.

So I'll be awfully surprised if he bends the knee. He doesn't have to for this pairing to work together, and frankly I will be disappointed if he does.

Last edited by L.M.; 08-13-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    It wasn't very "brilliant" by Dany & Drogon to torch wagonloads of food though! If they had just focused on incinerating the ranks of enemy troops and let the Dothraki overrun them (as they did anyway) then she would have captured their logistical supply for themselves! Didn't she say in a previous scene that she needed the harvest of the Reach to feed her horde!?

OOOOOPS!

Yes, the Abyss 5ft from shore:

Actually if one looks at the images of the lake between the time Jamie decided to charge and the time he actually gets knocked off his horse I think it is obvious the lake is not that deep.

IMO Jamie was not physically in the exact situation displayed....what was displayed was supposed to be the visual translation of negative emotions going through Jamie's head.

He was sinking...probably in water deep enough to submerge him...but he was actually just feeling like he was going into an abyss of water...it was not actually happening.

IMO there have been many efforts by the story tellers of the show to display Jamie's....difficult journey. IMO it was shown on his face when Cersai was crowned queen ruler but if one thinks about it the show is trying to tie something together.

I do not want to go further and potentially spoil something that may or may not happen but book readers probably know of another clue that the show has not revealed.

All the clues kind of have a theme...have a path it leads to...and imo the path has one more devastating turn before Jamie is finally put into place to do what he is...destined...to do.
    Last edited by Hadez; 08-13-2017 at 09:03 AM.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended

But, first things first, they have to get out the lake and see what and who's left when the smoke clears. Jaime will not switch sides at this point. He's still mad at Tyrion for killing their father, and fiercely loyal to his sister, even if he is troubled by recent events.
    What do you think was going through Jamie's head when Olenna told him she killed his son? I mean if you think about...just how many bad things have happened because Cersai was trying to put that on Tyrion? Do you not think Jamie feels guilty for what happened to his father? Because that guilt will only make Jamie's internal struggle even more difficult.

How about his daughter? Does she die if Tyrion does not have to stand trial?

The story is showing Jamie going through great internal struggle at the moment and it has been building for many seasons.

While we think about Jamie's loyalty to Cersai lets also remember what went down by the body of their dead son.
    Last edited by Hadez; 08-13-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    What do you think was going through Jamie's head when Olenna told him she killed his son? I mean if you think about...just how many bad things have happened because Cersai was trying to put that on Tyrion? Do you not think Jamie feels guilty for what happened to his father? Because that guilt will only make Jamie's internal struggle even more difficult.

How about his daughter? Does she die if Tyrion does not have to stand trial?

The story is showing Jamie going through great internal struggle at the moment and it has been building for many seasons.

While we think about Jamie's loyalty to Cersai lets also remember what went down by the body of their dead son.
    And it can also be construed that Myrcella might be alive if Tyrion hadn't shipped her off to Dorne in the first place! He didn't have to do that, it was part of his 'tests' to find out which councillor was informing Cersei. Myrcella could have been shipped to Casterly Rock instead to keep her safe when Stannis assaulted King's Landing.

I think Jamie blames and resents Tyrion for rushing to kill Tywin right after he set him free. A breach of trust there, and even though that relationship with his father was strained, he still loved him, so I don't believe his murder is a forgivable offense.

I wouldn't say there's a wide rift between him and Cersei --yet! They're still sleeping together, they are extremely bonded (they're twins) so despite the internal conflict, he will not just switch sides if captured. He knows that she's emotional, irrational, reactive, and vengeful -she's always been that way. But I don't think he knows that she is responsible for blowing up the Sept of Baelor and Tommen's subsequent suicide because she has refused to discuss any of it as established in the Season 7 opener. He looked very shocked, disturbed and dismayed when he first saw the Sept burning from afar and maintained that look when Cersei was crowned like "WTH!"

He has to get back to King's Landing for these eventual revelations and to play out the drama of a disintegrating relationship with his sister... to its tragic conclusion.
    Last edited by L.M.; 08-13-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I am pretty sure Jon is going to bend the knee...the show is just being dramatic about it.

Technically when she did the Loot Raid scene she was listening to Jon's advice by not burning castles and cities
    Jon aint bending the knee, yall need to stop. He bends the knee he looses the north...It just wont happen

And it can also be construed that Myrcella might be alive if Tyrion hadn't shipped her off to Dorne in the first place! He didn't have to do that, it was part of his 'tests' to find out which councillor was informing Cersei. Myrcella could have been shipped to Casterly Rock instead to keep her safe when Stannis assaulted King's Landing.

I think Jamie blames and resents Tyrion for rushing to kill Tywin right after he set him free. A breach of trust there, and even though that relationship with his father was strained, he still loved him, so I don't believe his murder is a forgivable offense.

I wouldn't say there's a wide rift between him and Cersei --yet! They're still sleeping together, they are extremely bonded (they're twins) so despite the internal conflict, he will not just switch sides if captured. He knows that she's emotional, irrational, reactive, and vengeful -she's always been that way. But I don't think he knows that she is responsible for blowing up the Sept of Baelor and Tommen's subsequent suicide because she has refused to discuss any of it as established in the Season 7 opener. He looked very shocked, disturbed and dismayed when he first saw the Sept burning from afar and maintained that look when Cersei was crowned like "WTH!"

He has to get back to King's Landing for these eventual revelations and to play out the drama of a disintegrating relationship with his sister... to its tragic conclusion.
    Agree and Disagree. I do think though that Jamie is or will be able to do the 'right thing' without having to live happily ever after with the so called 'enemy'. Game of Thrones doesn't play by those rules of absolutes as we all know. He could stop Cercei and yet still want to stop Tyrion and Jon and Dany.

I could also see Jamie unconditionally forgive Tyrion for killin pops. I don't read the books so this is all based of the show.

I still believe that if Jaimie is captured, and a trade is proposed and if Cercei doesn't accept it - Jaimie may then give up on Cercei. As we all try and guess what's coming- this series has made a living by shocking and surprising us all. So we're probably all wrong lol
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Agree and Disagree. I do think though that Jamie is or will be able to do the 'right thing' without having to live happily ever after with the so called 'enemy'. Game of Thrones doesn't play by those rules of absolutes as we all know. He could stop Cercei and yet still want to stop Tyrion and Jon and Dany.

I could also see Jamie unconditionally forgive Tyrion for killin pops. I don't read the books so this is all based of the show.

I still believe that if Jaimie is captured, and a trade is proposed and if Cercei doesn't accept it - Jaimie may then give up on Cercei. As we all try and guess what's coming- this series has made a living by shocking and surprising us all. So we're probably all wrong lol
    There's no more book source material to adapt so readers are as much in the dark as everyone else.

Why would Jamie forgive (and unconditionally at that) Tyrion for killing their father? There would have to be a really good reason to let such a thing go. I just don't see how Jamie can complete that drama away from King's Landing. He's already been a prisoner and a ransom trade option once, do you really think they are going to put him in that position again? Seems like old hat, been-there-done-that with this character.

I'm curious about Bronn though. He and Tyrion were friends and parted on good terms, and Bronn is a mercenary who can be bought. I can see him switching sides for a price, like the Highgarden castle he asked for last ep. Problem is, he just shot Drogon so I'm not sure how forgiving Dany would be!

There's no more book source material to adapt so readers are as much in the dark as everyone else.

Why would Jamie forgive (and unconditionally at that) Tyrion for killing their father? There would have to be a really good reason to let such a thing go. I just don't see how Jamie can complete that drama away from King's Landing. He's already been a prisoner and a ransom trade option once, do you really think they are going to put him in that position again? Seems like old hat, been-there-done-that with this character.

I'm curious about Bronn though. He and Tyrion were friends and parted on good terms, and Bronn is a mercenary who can be bought. I can see him switching sides for a price, like the Highgarden castle he asked for last ep. Problem is, he just shot Drogon so I'm not sure how forgiving Dany would be!
    Yeah the fact that he's already been a prisoner...... and the subject of trade talks did cross my mind in that - a writer wouldn't cross that bridge twice.

How can he get away though? It's either he's dead, a prisoner, he got away, or he dies when they pull him out right? Most probably outcome I can see is that he ends up a prisoner. This is taking into account the preview as well though. I dunno it's just a guess

We'll find out in a few hours

As for Tywin -........ I'm not sure anyone liked him. Feared - admired - respected sure ....... but Jamie obviously loves Tyrion. It's not obvious he loves his dad. Unless I missed and episode. And in your opinion - in the GoT universe ...... do you feel Tyrion was out of line killing his father?
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

I would say that is Cersai's perception for sure.

With that said Myrcella was very safe before the Trial by Combat that sent Ellaria on her revenge mission which was all put into place by Cersai's hate for Tyrion. Now Jamie knows the truth behind his sons real killer....of which he always suspected was not Tyrion.

In fact Jamie knows how very happy Mycella had become in Dorne and how pleased she was with her future husband. He knows more than anyone how Cersai destroyed his daughter's happiness.

I do not remember any particular comments from Jamie about Tywin's death other than reaction to other peoples strong statements.

I do think this issue in their relationship is one of the many reasons there is going to be a meeting between Tyrion and Jamie before the next....tragic...thing happens.

Rift....I think there has always been some form of a rift between them. In some ways they are as close as twins always are but Jamie has always had to deal with the fact that the love of his life...his twin has been sleeping with another man.

That reality has been rubbed in Jamie's face again this season by Euron....in fact Euron twists this concept into Jamie like a dagger in an old battle wound.

Add in the concept that Jamie raped Cersai at the body of their son....and it becomes obvious their relationship is as full as issues as Shameless.
    Last edited by Hadez; 08-13-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Yeah the fact that he's already been a prisoner...... and the subject of trade talks did cross my mind in that - a writer wouldn't cross that bridge twice.

How can he get away though? It's either he's dead, a prisoner, he got away, or he dies when they pull him out right? Most probably outcome I can see is that he ends up a prisoner. This is taking into account the preview as well though. I dunno it's just a guess

As for Tywin -........ I'm not sure anyone liked him. Feared - admired - respected sure ....... but Jamie obviously loves Tyrion. It's not obvious he loves his dad. Unless I missed and episode. And in your opinion - in the GoT universe ...... do you feel Tyrion was out of line killing his father?
    IMO Tywin was brutal to all his children and they knew it. It was why Jamie defied his father. I think Jamie had a huge revelation when his father was going full speed ahead to kill Tyrion but did an about face on Tyrion's death sentence as soon as Jamie accept the role his father had for Jamie.

I do not think Jamie understands Tyrion's motivation to kill their father either at this time (taking away Tyrion's love)...which I why I keep saying there will be a conversation between them.

One thing I want to say about the show in general.

A lot is going on. Usually in June I watch a show I never seen before. I binge watch multiple seasons as there is a lot of time in my entertainment slot.

This June I re watched all of the GoT seasons. It is amazing how many things I missed as it was subtle, as something else happened so close that was insane or just because of the large amount of things going on.

IMO a 2nd time watching GoT was better than the first time I watched most other shows.

No Tywin had it coming, he condemned Tyrion to death, never really counted him as a son and disinherited him, and he was caught sleeping with Shae --the icing on the cake of betrayal.

At Tywin's funeral Cersei told Jaime that he loved him best and that implies a father-son relationship much deeper than the little that was shown to us. We only saw the tense moments when it came to war, and fulfilling the Lannister inheritance which was at crosspurposes with Jaime's own desires -to remain a guard so he can be with Cersei.

Tyrion can free Jaime and owes him this return favor. And the proposal of a trade for Yara or Ellaria is not inconceivable and could be brought up as some have suggested here, though I suspect either one is quite impossible at this point for different reasons. I doubt Euron and Cersei will give up their prize victims! In which case, Tyrion might set him free anyway, with or without Dany's consent. That will get him in hot water and shake up Team Dany, but Jorah will be back to advise her if Tyrion winds up in the dungeon himself. Then Varys can free him.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Jon aint bending the knee, yall need to stop. He bends the knee he looses the north...It just wont happen
    I am pretty sure the Army of the Dead is going to get past the Wall.

I am also pretty sure a food shortage is coming to the North and maybe a larger area of Westeros.

At that point what is left of the North will not really care if Jon bends the knee or not. They will be pretty happy if dragons come to save them tho.