Page 131 of 168 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I would say that is Cersai's perception for sure.

With that said Myrcella was very safe before the Trial by Combat that sent Ellaria on her revenge mission which was all put into place by Cersai's hate for Tyrion. Now Jamie knows the truth behind his sons real killer....of which he always suspected was not Tyrion.

In fact Jamie knows how very happy Mycella had become in Dorne and how pleased she was with her future husband. He knows more than anyone how Cersai destroyed his daughter's happiness.
    Partial truth -he doesn't know that Littlefinger co-conspired Joffrey's assassination.

Ellaria is directly responsible for Mycella's death and made that choice, it's not like she's an automatic force of nature like a whirlpool or a pit full of hungry lions. Such things can be anticipated and harm expected if you get too near, but people's responses are much harder to foresee. So it was certainly not a given that Ellaria would murder Mycella and that Cersei somehow recklessly "caused" it. I really don't think Jaime blames Cersei for that.

He would (and will, IMO) blame Cersei for Tommen's suicide though because they both knew danm well how much he loved Margaery.

Rift....I think there has always been some form of a rift between them. In some ways they are as close as twins always are but Jamie has always had to deal with the fact that the love of his life...his twin has been sleeping with another man.

That reality has been rubbed in Jamie's face again this season by Euron....in fact Euron twists this concept into Jamie like a dagger in an old battle wound.

Add in the concept that Jamie raped Cersai at the body of their son....and it becomes obvious their relationship is as full as issues as Shameless.
    They're a dysfunctional and mentally ill mess, for sure!

I didn't write that there isn't a rift, it's just not "wide" yet, not wide enough yet to turn his loyalty away from her. I think that's coming.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I am pretty sure the Army of the Dead is going to get past the Wall.

I am also pretty sure a food shortage is coming to the North and maybe a larger area of Westeros.

At that point what is left of the North will not really care if Jon bends the knee or not. They will be pretty happy if dragons come to save them tho.
    Oh their alliance is coming..But Danny will be the one to let go of her demands...She will see how Drogon will be cool with Jon and his Targaryen blood and finally understand there is more to Jon.

I am 100% sure Jon isnt bending the knee.

One thing I want to say about the show in general.

A lot is going on. Usually in June I watch a show I never seen before. I binge watch multiple seasons as there is a lot of time in my entertainment slot.

This June I re watched all of the GoT seasons. It is amazing how many things I missed as it was subtle, as something else happened so close that was insane or just because of the large amount of things going on.

IMO a 2nd time watching GoT was better than the first time I watched most other shows.
    The detail and complexity of this series gives it great replay value! I've seen every episode at least five times, some up to ten!

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Oh their alliance is coming..But Danny will be the one to let go of her demands...She will see how Drogon will be cool with Jon and his Targaryen blood and finally understand there is more to Jon.

I am 100% sure Jon isnt bending the knee.
    If Drogon "bends the knee" to Jon that will make quite an impression!

I am pretty sure the Army of the Dead is going to get past the Wall.

I am also pretty sure a food shortage is coming to the North and maybe a larger area of Westeros.

At that point what is left of the North will not really care if Jon bends the knee or not. They will be pretty happy if dragons come to save them tho.
    I'm not. Why would it? People prepare and stockpile for Winters there, they even showed Sansa doing that. I don't think that the Reach is exhausted either. And I don't think that the last nine episodes are going to depict the length of this Winter to even see such a thing occur unless they plan to jump years between episodes.

But the North is doomed, IMO. Once the Wall is breached, I expect the Army of the Dead (which may be up to a million strong now) to overrun the entire North within a matter of months and for the final battle to happen near the Neck --a strategic bottleneck where the continent narrows at the border of the Riverlands. Refugees with their grain and livestock will be flooding south well before that.

I have a feeling this will be this season's Hardhome moment

One thing I want to say about the show in general.

A lot is going on. Usually in June I watch a show I never seen before. I binge watch multiple seasons as there is a lot of time in my entertainment slot.

This June I re watched all of the GoT seasons. It is amazing how many things I missed as it was subtle, as something else happened so close that was insane or just because of the large amount of things going on.

IMO a 2nd time watching GoT was better than the first time I watched most other shows
    I, too rewatched. For me it really helped because the first time through learning all the names took time. Half the time in the first going you don't know who they're talking about. Missing semi-main characters introductions because they just blend in with one time characters ........ 2nd time through you really grasp just where they came from and how they've been incorporated into the story. For instance Qyburn. I never knew exactly where he came from. More accurately - his first scene in the show...... tied up on that battlement close to death and saved by Rob Stark
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    I have a feeling this will be this season's Hardhome moment
    I was wrong, that is next week

I guess Jamie and Brohnn got away ............ makes no sense .......... I don't buy the writing there. Or it wasn't executed in principle filming or editing .......
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I guess Jamie and Brohnn got away ............ makes no sense .......... I don't buy the writing there. Or it wasn't executed in principle filming or editing .......
    Yeah, that was kind of unrealistic, but hey. They kept me guessing throughout the episode. Save for the part when Davos went to get you know who. Saw that one coming.

GEEEENDRRRYYYYYYY!!!! I knew he had a bigger role to play! Love his hammer decked in stag. SICK!

Haha, Gilly with the huge bombshell and it is quickly passed over.

Some major setting up going on in this episode. I did not foresee Cersei teaming up with anyone (though she still may not).

I didn't bother pausing to read that note Littlefinger left behind. I'm sure I'll find a screencap somewhere. My money is that he is still being played, there is no way he has the upper hand over Arya with the three-eyed raven nearby.

Thought it was funny how much conflict there was with the group heading north of the wall. Damn this show has a ton of characters.

Usually the second to last episode has a ton of action. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

LF's note:
    Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark

He is trying to turn the sisters against each other, making it look like Sansa betrayed the family. I still don't think Arya falls for it.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Good episode. I think that scene with Jon and the dragon was just further confirmation of what we already know (Jon's a Targaryen and the dragon recognized this)

Gilly was about to reveal the Rhaegar/Lyanna secret wedding.