Page 80 of 168 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2516

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    That was a great episode. It's almost too much to process - especially while Broncos draft salivation is currently in progress as well.

But, about your list, Lynch...

1. Jon is resurrected...somehow.
    2. Ramsay Bolton dies a horrible death!
    3. Alliser Thorne dies a horrible death!
    4. Arya exits Braavos -please!
    5. Dany avoids being raped by the Dothraki -please! (I think it's been established that this won't happen)

2 episodes in and 2 items checked off... not bad. At this rate, and I still firmly believe, that your list will be completely satisfied by season's end. The only one I'm not 100% sure of now is #3. I don't think Jon will kill him, but maybe Ghost or Tormund or even Wun Wun after Jon gives him a reprieve and he does something stupid. The other two WILL happen, IMO. I'm not sure how "horrible" Ramsay's death will be, but he will die. Come to think of it, can Ramsay's death even be considered horrible in any way?

R+L is in the house, and ToJ scene next week!!! Exciting times!

After last night I hate Ramsay more than I hated Jeoffrey. The only way Ramsay's death is horrible is if he gets a painless death. I had no love for his father, but his mother in law and brother were innocent and didn't deserve what happened.

That was a great episode. It's almost too much to process - especially while Broncos draft salivation is currently in progress as well.

But, about your list, Lynch...

1. Jon is resurrected...somehow.
    2. Ramsay Bolton dies a horrible death!
    3. Alliser Thorne dies a horrible death!
    4. Arya exits Braavos -please!
    5. Dany avoids being raped by the Dothraki -please! (I think it's been established that this won't happen)

2 episodes in and 2 items checked off... not bad. At this rate, and I still firmly believe, that your list will be completely satisfied by season's end. The only one I'm not 100% sure of now is #3. I don't think Jon will kill him, but maybe Ghost or Tormund or even Wun Wun after Jon gives him a reprieve and he does something stupid. The other two WILL happen, IMO. I'm not sure how "horrible" Ramsay's death will be, but he will die. Come to think of it, can Ramsay's death even be considered horrible in any way?

R+L is in the house, and ToJ scene next week!!! Exciting times!

May I add more to the list? I'm getting greedy now!

I would like an update on Rickon, a Stark who seems to have fallen through the cracks!

There will be a character modification in Jon, I think. He won't behave the same. He may even become a believer in the Lord of Light now, just as Beric did. Proceeding from that, I can see him rounding up the traitors for a grand, "Thanksgiving" bonfire sacrifice to the Lord, perhaps at Mel's prompting? And burning is a baaaad way to go!

Jon beheaded Janos Slynt for openly disobeying. After everything Thorne had done against Jon, he was still treated respectfully and given another chance, so he's toast now -- no matter what, IMO.

But I know what you mean -which is more exciting? Paxton Lynch or Jon Snow? Depends on how they both do!
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-02-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I drink & I know things!

That's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    May I add more to the list? I'm getting greedy now!

I would like an update on Rickon, a Stark who seems to have fallen through the cracks!

There will be a character modification in Jon, I think. He won't behave the same. He may even become a believer in the Lord of Light now, just as Beric did. Proceeding from that, I can see him rounding up the traitors for a grand, "Thanksgiving" bonfire sacrifice to the Lord, perhaps at Mel's prompting? And burning is a baaaad way to go!

Jon beheaded Janos Slynt for openly disobeying. After everything Thorne had done against Jon, he was still treated respectfully and given another chance, so he's toast now -- no matter what, IMO.

But I know what you mean -which is more exciting? Paxton Lynch or Jon Snow? Depends on how they both do!
    Yeah, it's entirely possible that Jon will come back with quite a different demeanor and start a Stoneheart style vengeance tour. Whatever happens it's going to be fun to watch. Starting next week we're going to start finding out, and that's HUGE! What's Jon going to be like? What's everyone else going to think of Jon, and how are they going to treat him? These are MASSIVE questions.

I've completely separated the books from the show in my mind for the last few years, but all of this has really renewed my anticipation for the next book. It'll be extremely interesting to see how this goes in the books. It's a huge plot point and it's crazy to think that it's been watched before it has been read.

Rickon... I don't think things are going to go well for him. IMO, it's quite likely that he's the "gift" for Ramsay highlighted in next week's trailer. Yikes!

Funny thing about Rickon. His direwolf is name Shaggydog, of course. A shaggy dog story is defined as "an extremely long-winded anecdote characterized by extensive narration of typically irrelevant incidents and terminated by an anticlimax or a pointless punchline."

Poor Rickon...
    Winter is Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I drink & I know things!

That's what I do.
    lol

Next time I come up with an idea like this, punch me in the face....

Really though - I wonder if it becomes regretted that he frees the dragons. It sure feels right -right now. But they were chained down for a reason. Sure they will probably be the sole saviors of Kaleesi (maybe her 2 champions too though) but it will be interesting to see exactly how they behave
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Rickon... I don't think things are going to go well for him. IMO, it's quite likely that he's the "gift" for Ramsay highlighted in next week's trailer. Yikes!

Funny thing about Rickon. His direwolf is name Shaggydog, of course. A shaggy dog story is defined as "an extremely long-winded anecdote characterized by extensive narration of typically irrelevant incidents and terminated by an anticlimax or a pointless punchline."

Poor Rickon...

Hurry up Littlefinger! Let's see one scumbag take out the bigger one!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Really though - I wonder if it becomes regretted that he frees the dragons. It sure feels right -right now. But they were chained down for a reason. Sure they will probably be the sole saviors of Kaleesi (maybe her 2 champions too though) but it will be interesting to see exactly how they behave
    Not a fan of that scene; it was pure madness. Tyrion is trying to restore order to a chaotic city. Releasing uncontrollable dragons that eat people's livestock and children is not the best way to do that!

Maybe theyre still stuck in the catacombs though, still at low power, and having outgrown the exits?

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post

Hurry up Littlefinger! Let's see one scumbag take out the bigger one!
    Baelish is a scumbag I can almost root for. I draw the line where he shows he's practically sociopathic when it comes to getting what he wants. People in the end are just chess pieces to him. Guy is a husk.

My favorite part of the first season is the scene where he talks about his past and his motives in the brothel. "You know what I learnt losing that duel? I learnt that I'll never win. Not that way. That's their game, their rules. I'm not going to fight them: . . . That's what I know, that's what I am, and only by admitting what we are can we get what we want."

He's a great villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Baelish is a scumbag I can almost root for. I draw the line where he shows he's practically sociopathic when it comes to getting what he wants. People in the end are just chess pieces to him. Guy is a husk.

My favorite part of the first season is the scene where he talks about his past and his motives in the brothel. "You know what I learnt losing that duel? I learnt that I'll never win. Not that way. That's their game, their rules. I'm not going to fight them: . . . That's what I know, that's what I am, and only by admitting what we are can we get what we want."

He's a great villain.
    He' s been on my "Arya List" ever since he put a blade to Ned's throat! I'm not going to forget that nor his other sleazeball moves!

I liked what Varys said about him being the "most dangerous man in Westeros" who "would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes!"

i just watched it tonight.....HOLY CRAP! lol

all i am really going to say and it looks like i may have been wrong about jon snow but we still don't know for sure what he is yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I drink & I know things!

That's what I do.
    that was great!

Cracks me up that it only takes about a day for someone to start capitalizing on these catch phrases.

Winter is Coming!

That might have been his best line ever...

You know he gets killed off as soon as he is a major fan favorite.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Cracks me up that it only takes about a day for someone to start capitalizing on these catch phrases.

Funny stuff M~n~G !
    Glad to see you around !!

One by one, they left the room.
    Only Ghost knows Jon sat up !

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.