Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151
Results 2,251 to 2,255 of 2255

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    One outcome that's certain, Arya will survive the coming battle!

true story, I Don't think she dies just yet if at all.

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    true story, I Don't think she dies just yet if at all.
    I don't think Beric's gunna get it either, unless he does something spectacular first. Sandor had a line in the last episode reminding us how many times he's been resurrected. Had to be for good reason.

Considering what we've seen, and what the likes of Bran, Jon and Edd are supposed to know, I think that it's insanely stupid to put people down in the crypts beneath Winterfell --where the Starks have been storing their dead for centuries! How many corpses are down there awaiting reanimation, I wonder?

Since Season 1, we've known there is a general enchantment in the North which turns corpses into wights after nightfall, and it's in a limited radius from the Night King as the source of this enchantment. We also saw at Hardhome that he can produce this effect manually, on the fly, during the day:

Jon and Edd witnessed this!

The Night King also placed a similar enchantment around the lair of the 3ER which activated skeleton wights when Bran's party crossed a mystic tripwire. So I think it's reasonable to expect that the Night King can direct the same effect onto the grounds of Winterfell and awaken the dead down in the crypts, much as it went in this scene:

I'm sure a lot of the corpses down there are just bones, but in our world, some ancient corpses have held together fairly well in Egypt and South America when they were interred in cool, dry, dark places and not directly in the dirt. Ancient sarcophagi are typically stone lids simply placed atop coffins, their weight holding them in place, and in the cases where some primitive cement was used to "seal" them, such quickly became crumbly and retained no adhesive integrity at all.

As we've seen, many of the wights are also just skeletons, and they possess considerable strength! The one wight which was transported to King's Landing had to be secured in a box locked with steel chains! So if the wights were strong enough to literally burst out of the frozen ground as they did in the scene above, then they can also push coffin lids off!

But I also suspect that the way out may be down there as well. Back in Season 2, when Theon and the Ironborn were besieged at Winterfell by Ramsay and the Boltons, Maester Luwin told Theon that there are secret ways out of Winterfell and I think these are about to become necessary!

THEON: "I won't make it to the Wall. I won't make it 10 feet past the Winterfell gates."
    MAESTER LUWIN: "There are ways. Hidden passageways built so the Lords of Winterfell could escape."

s02e10 "Valar Morghulis"

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    No he doesn't want the IronThrone, he wants to create another AotD in south so even if Bran escapes the North, here they come from the south.
    Well brother your theory that the Night King goes to King's Landing (and/or Oldtown too) is gaining some traction.

I just read about it on Mashable here:

Why the Night King won't be at the Battle of Winterfell on 'Game of Thrones'

sourced to a reddit here:

My 'Night King is not stupid' Theory

I had quite forgotten about Bran's visions in Season 4 which included one of a ruined, snowy throne room (which Dany also saw in the House of the Undying in Season 2) and the shadow of a dragon over King's Landing, both things which haven't yet come to pass. I initially thought that the throne room vision might have been purely symbolic.

Last edited by L.M.; Yesterday at 09:06 PM.