Page 167 of 168 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2515

Thread: Game of Thrones

You've got to know when to sack em...

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    It was his idea to be bait for the Night King. Jon wouldnít have come up with the idea.

That said, it did seem like Bran didnít add much to the story. Thatís probably because there isnít much for a cripple to add to a story full of swords and dragons.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    It was his idea to be bait for the Night King. Jon wouldn’t have come up with the idea.

That said, it did seem like Bran didn’t add much to the story. That’s probably because there isn’t much for a cripple to add to a story full of swords and dragons.
    I'd have to disagree. He has magic powers. The possibilities are many imho
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

It was his idea to be bait for the Night King. Jon wouldn’t have come up with the idea.

That said, it did seem like Bran didn’t add much to the story. That’s probably because there isn’t much for a cripple to add to a story full of swords and dragons.
    It was an extreme point, I just thought it was funny

It's just more of a fact that he literally swooped in at the last moment and was given the throne. Kind of jarring.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I'd have to disagree. He has magic powers. The possibilities are many imho
    I will say that they seemed to forget about Branís warg abilities.

They could have used that to stop Danaerys from burning the city and put Jon on the Iron Throne.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Sansa: "You're the Lord of Winterfell."
    Bran: "I can never be Lord of Winterfell. I can never be lord of anything. I'm the Three Eyed Raven now. Arya, hold this dagger for me. I'm gunna camp out under this Weirwood Tree."

Tyrion: "You don't want it?"
    Bran: "I don't really 'want' anymore... Hey, make sure Danny takes both dragons and Missande with her to Dragonstone."

Jaime: "What about after?"
    Bran: "How do you know there is an after, King Crippler...I mean, King Slayer?"

Tyrion: "Well, everybody's dead or locked up. Oh, hey Bran. Wanna be King of the Six Kingdoms?"

I'm fine with Bran being king. He's not insane like the Targaryens, he's not going to go lusting after someone's wife and thereby instigate a war, he won't try to conquer other lands. He'll leave the Wildlings alone, which is what they want. He won't be cruel. He'll be dispassionate, and he'll care about justice

Where did this number 1,000 come from?

They started with 8,000. After the battle at Winterfell against the Night King they had half that.

Remember, after Sansa tells Grey Worm that there are thousands of north men, Grey Worm says there are thousands of Unsullied. Thereís only mention of north men outside the city. Thereís no mention of any other armies. Threats by Bran would have been met with the deaths of him and those around him and then a fight with the north men, that the Unsullied and Dothraki would likely have won.

The fact that Grey Worm was chosen as the leader of the Unsullied tells you that heís the smart one. He didnít just become smart in the nick of time.
    Just threw out a number cause i didn't remember the actual. either way its nothing compared to the whole realm. I find it hard to believe that after the capital of the realm was sacked and burnt to the ground by a foreign invading army, that when the lords came to parley they wouldn't bring at least a contingent of their respective armies if not their whole armies. If nothing more then a power grab as the throne is vacant.

I also find it hard to believe that the dothraki would even follow GW. They followed Kahleesi and her Dragons, with Kahleesi and the Dragons gone the hoarde most like would have gone into frenzy like when Khal Drogo died, they would not have followed GW, they did not just fall in line to the next available commander, they would have felt they should be in charge and most like a fight between the Unsullied and Dothroki would have ensued. Leaving only one and highly decimated foreign army left.

I also find it hard to believe that the north men would have let Jon rot in a cell for month, he was still the warden of the north (and im sure King in the north in most of their eyes). Banners would have been called and the Vale and riverrun at the least would have answered. KL would have been surrounded.

GW chosen by a bunch of eunuch whos only world perspective up to that point had been as fighting slaves tells me nothing other then he was the best fighter maybe. Jorah and Barristan were the brains, GW carried out orders that is all.

And again, it was all for nothing as GW just sailed away! It all makes 0 sense to me and is very poorly written. Im glad you liked it, i did not.

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

I will say that they seemed to forget about Bran’s warg abilities.

They could have used that to stop Danaerys from burning the city and put Jon on the Iron Throne.
    That would have been cool, or even somehow show that it was Bran that made Drogon not burn Jon and burn the Iron Throne instead, would have made more sense.

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    As I say, I did the unthinkable, but at least I gave it a whirl! But even I was a bit shocked at what unravelled. Did you see the DT "event" coming?

Anyway....I am glad I watched it. Again, I was impressed with the quality of the production, and yes, the acting. These are excellent characters to examine. I have time. I will delve a little for sure!!
    Yes, at some point during the last season, I guessed that Daenerys would die at the end. This is because the show had already demonstrated a propensity for killing off many characters, even major ones, and the author of the books, George R.R. Martin, hinted that the ending would be "bittersweet" which meant there had to be at least one more significant, tragic loss. All Dany had wanted was the Iron Throne since Season One so there was no way she was simply going to get it and keep it at the end.

Sure seems like a lot of unhappy campers in the fandom of GOT. I can not comment, given I had almost no skin in the game (other than liking/disliking some of the characters, based on minimal research/previous viewing).

For those who loved the ending, good on you. Because a show's ending is pretty important. Endings can resonate for some time, like Mash, Cheers, Friends, and on and on. One of the coolest endings was on Newhart.....which basically took us back to the highly successful The Bob Newhart Show, and dismissed Newhart as a weird dream! The impact of that scene, with Bob Newhart waking up to his wife from The Bob Newhart Show - Suzanne Pleshette, was at the time, totally off the wall, and totally memorable....given how popular the previous show was.

Come to think of it, Bob Newhart sure made a dent!! Funny man! Even had a fun role on The Big Bang Theory.

Where did this number 1,000 come from?

They started with 8,000. After the battle at Winterfell against the Night King they had half that.
    The Unsullied would have suffered varying degrees of losses from every engagement: Yunkai, Mereen (where the Sons of the Harpy definitely took a toll), Casterly Rock, and even King's Landing. I would guess they have approximately 3,000 left.

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    The writers have put absolutely no foreshadowing or hinting or anything that would lead me to believe GW is capable of that, the writers didnt tell us anything, I dont buy it, making him smart because they needed him to be is not good writing.

On the second subject I dont follow what your saying. Bran was Kinged right then and there, BEFORE Jon's fate was decided. Also not sure why there would be conflict with the north and south by releasing Jon. Bran is king, as chosen by all the major houses right then and there, all Bran has to do is tell GW you do not belong get out or die, you kill Jon you die. There is no war, its 1000 unsullied and some dothriki, inside a city with no walls, and no dragon. Bran now has the vale army, riverrun army, the reach army, Storms end army, dorne and Yara's fleet. Sansa and the north army as well as an ally. GW has no leverage anymore, he does what they say or die.

Made 0 sense to me, and to make it worse they did all that to appease GW and he sails off to Naath, making it all pointless anyways!! They could have just told GW ya hes sentenced to life in jail hes in the dungeon forever now ok byyyyeeee. then release Jon. Bad writing.

I would have rather seen arya kill GW then use his face to send the unsullied and dothraki back to Esso's.
    I haven't had much time this week, but my review of this nonsensical mess of a finale is imminent. <sharpens knives>