Page 150 of 168 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Yeah, Theon's as good as good as dead and his redemption arc will be complete.

And no, there was no hint of romantic or sexual attraction in their interaction at all. She loves him - very platonically- because he was essentially a foster brother when they grew up together at Winterfell, and he helped her to escape from Ramsay. The affectionate hug was from this gratitude and their old connection within the same family.
    I disagree I felt both the hug and the end were they were eating felt more then platonic and it bothered me. Just feels forced like the Messandi and grey worm arc they are pushing, why? I have no idea, who cares about these two c level characters. I felt screen time could have been better allocated to other characters and story arcs that I felt were neglected. And why are all the Starks separated, you would think after all that time apart they would be spending their last night together.

For a 6 episode FINAL season, they have wasted a 1/3 of it with empty arcs and horrible writing. Hopefully the final 4 blow our socks off with battle because so far its been underwhelming.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

I saw the interaction between Sansa and Theon more as admiration for the right that he is trying to do now rather than romantic. If they follow up on it maybe, but that's the way I took it.

Man, this season is gonna be short. If we're supposed to have a LOTR type battle spanning maybe two episodes, there's little to no room for plot twists etc. The unveiling of Jon Snow's heritage to both Jon, and once more to Dany went way too fast just like other major events the past 2 years. The acting wasn't my issue with the scene, it's the pacing. HBO has a ton of money and there's a lot of talent out there. They should have hired more writers to flesh out the last 2 seasons if D&D weren't up to it. Just disappointing to have a good show go out like this. I know it's not that easy to just bring people on board, but the consumers got shafted.

I do get a feeling that Theon's redemption will have a far larger impact than people think.

Maisie Williams is a young adult now, but that was uncomfortable to watch.

I did like the Three Eyed Raven and Night King connection that was established in this episode. And the subsequent plan to draw him out.

Decent setup episode. I would have liked this more if I binged it and watched the next one immediately rather than waiting a week.
    Last edited by Freestyle; 04-22-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    I disagree I felt both the hug and the end were they were eating felt more then platonic and it bothered me. Just feels forced like the Messandi and grey worm arc they are pushing, why? I have no idea, who cares about these two c level characters. I felt screen time could have been better allocated to other characters and story arcs that I felt were neglected.
    Exactly, "why"? That's why I don't think it's actually happening. Why develop a whole new romance out of nothing, with no prior hints and intimations of such (unless I missed something "romantic" between them in Seasons 5 & 6 when Theon was still mostly Reek) and right before Theon will die defending Bran? I've watched it twice, I don't see it.

And why are all the Starks separated, you would think after all that time apart they would be spending their last night together.
    That's a good question. I would have liked to have seen a Stark family circle in front a fire too.

For a 6 episode FINAL season, they have wasted a 1/3 of it with empty arcs and horrible writing. Hopefully the final 4 blow our socks off with battle because so far its been underwhelming.
    These were the two short ones in the run which serve as the calm before the storm. There were many, very necessary reunions to depict, plans and preparations to make before the onslaught. The emotional connections between various characters were deepened to make the coming losses much more impactful and painful. So I understand why they have done this, and I'm glad they did it this way instead of just jumping into senseless battle right away. The next one will be the longest episode yet, and will be like "Hardhome" and "The Watchers on the Wall" mixed together where a bunch of characters are going to DIE!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Man, this season is gonna be short. If we're supposed to have a LOTR type battle spanning maybe two episodes, there's little to no room for plot twists etc. The unveiling of Jon Snow's heritage to both Jon, and once more to Dany went way too fast just like other major events the past 2 years. The acting wasn't my issue with the scene, it's the pacing. HBO has a ton of money and there's a lot of talent out there. They should have hired more writers to flesh out the last 2 seasons if D&D weren't up to it. Just disappointing to have a good show go out like this. I know it's not that easy to just bring people on board, but the consumers got shafted.
    I don't feel shafted. I'm thoroughly entertained despite minor flaws and nitpicks.

Dave Hill and Bryan Cogman wrote these past two, D&D wrote the last four. It isn't shortage of writers, just quality source material to make it match previous seasons.

Four 80 minute episodes is like two or three full, Hollywood movies, and movies can contain plenty of drama and action when they are scripted and paced properly. Season 7 was faster paced, these past two episodes were paced more like prior seasons, but by all accounts it will be picking up again.

Exactly, "why"? That's why I don't think it's actually happening. Why develop a whole new romance out of nothing, with no prior hints and intimations of such (unless I missed something "romantic" between them in Seasons 5 & 6 when Theon was still mostly Reek) and right before Theon will die defending Bran? I've watched it twice, I don't see it.
    I hope you are right, but i felt it was way to romantic...but again hope you are right and its nothing.

These were the two short ones in the run which serve as the calm before the storm. There were many, very necessary reunions to depict, plans and preparations to make before the onslaught. The emotional connections between various characters were deepened to make the coming losses much more impactful and painful. So I understand why they have done this, and I'm glad they did it this way instead of just jumping into senseless battle right away. The next one will be the longest episode yet, and will be like "Hardhome" and "The Watchers on the Wall" mixed together where a bunch of characters are going to DIE!
    I understand the reasoning, my problem is I felt they had poor choice in the interactions. Like i said Messandi and Grey worm, who cares? Sansa and Theon? waste of time when there are more important characters for her to interact with. Sandor and Beric? usless nothing of note said.

I did like the idea of the fire scene and even liked the characters there (although as you said all starks would have been cool there) but the dialog was awful (save for the Tormund milk story, hilarious, but not really relevant o anything but a break in the emotions). Why did they have Tyrion sit and talk to bran then immediately cut away? that was a convo i wanted to hear!!

I also feel like there is not enough meat on the revelation of Jon's heritage, they should have spent more time on that. Its the biggest secret in the show, Roberts Rebellion is based on a lie, another Targ....and they just barley touch it???

I also really hope the NK is NOT at winterfell. I hope he is on his way to KL. If he as at Winterfell and they take him down that makes Cersei the big bad of the show, when Its supposed to be the NK. I mean based on her prophecy she should be dead already.

I dont know i just feel the setup has been bungled and am fearing a bad ending. Like i said hopefully the last 4 really knock our socks off.

I do get a feeling that Theon's redemption will have a far larger impact than people think.
    I think its pretty obvious he dies next ep protecting Bran.

Enough complaining, are there any death predictions fro ep 3?

In ep 3 i got :

Theon dying protecting Bran.

Brienne Dying protecting Jaime

Sandor dying BUT Berric resurrecting him most like giving his life to do it. (the Clegne Bowl has to happen, even better if they both died once already!)

Davos and Poderick dying

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I don't feel shafted. I'm thoroughly entertained despite minor flaws and nitpicks.

Dave Hill and Bryan Cogman wrote these past two, D&D wrote the last four. It isn't shortage of writers, just quality source material to make it match previous seasons.

Four 80 minute episodes is like two or three full, Hollywood movies, and movies can contain plenty of drama and action when they are scripted and paced properly. Season 7 was faster paced, these past two episodes were paced more like prior seasons, but by all accounts it will be picking up again.
    I'm hoping so. Of course it's hard to judge without seeing the product in full first. I'm generally pretty patient, I'm just hoping we get some cool battles and a twist that'll genuinely leave us stunned and satisfied.
    I think its pretty obvious he dies next ep protecting Bran.

Enough complaining, are there any death predictions fro ep 3?

In ep 3 i got :

Theon dying protecting Bran.

Brienne Dying protecting Jaime

Sandor dying BUT Berric resurrecting him most like giving his life to do it. (the Clegne Bowl has to happen, even better if they both died once already!)

Davos and Poderick dying
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. I had more of a Hail Mary type prediction: "Born amidst salt and smoke" (Ironborn; Winterfell burning and being reborn as Reek). I feel that this show has given us a ton of screen time in regards to Theon getting his humanity stripped away and it could be for a reason. Theon could end up saving everyone. Could I be wrong? Very likely, but just a thought I had.

I think if we're getting a battle now, there's gonna be another later in the season. Or maybe a very large extended one. Either way, I feel it's a little early for heavy casualties, but some will die now to remind us what the stakes are.

For episode 3: Tormund dies. Podrick (his singing probably doomed him). Brieene will live, but die in a couple of episodes. Grey Worm and Missandei, possibly just one and the other one later. Beric Dondarrion's time is now. He will do something important though.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

I'm hoping so. Of course it's hard to judge without seeing the product in full first. I'm generally pretty patient, I'm just hoping we get some cool battles and a twist that'll genuinely leave us stunned and satisfied.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. I had more of a Hail Mary type prediction: "Born amidst salt and smoke" (Ironborn; Winterfell burning and being reborn as Reek). I feel that this show has given us a ton of screen time in regards to Theon getting his humanity stripped away and it could be for a reason. Theon could end up saving everyone. Could I be wrong? Very likely, but just a thought I had.

I think if we're getting a battle now, there's gonna be another later in the season. Or maybe a very large extended one. Either way, I feel it's a little early for heavy casualties, but some will die now to remind us what the stakes are.

For episode 3: Tormund dies. Podrick (his singing probably doomed him). Brieene will live, but die in a couple of episodes. Grey Worm and Missandei, possibly just one and the other one later. Beric Dondarrion's time is now. He will do something important though.
    Think we've seen the last of Daario? I don't.

I understand the reasoning, my problem is I felt they had poor choice in the interactions. Like i said Messandi and Grey worm, who cares?
    Well you and I don't, but I have encountered fans who do. I think there are fans for just about every character. But, like most shows, it won't be able to please everybody on every single thing.

Sansa and Theon? waste of time when there are more important characters for her to interact with.
    I enjoyed it and thought it was well-acted and written, very important for the redemption of Theon. He came back to his adopted family in Winterfell to defend them, to make more amends, especially to Bran this time. The feelings expressed here will make his death more potent and tragic later.

Sandor and Beric? usless nothing of note said.
    That was really Arya's and the Hound's scene, Beric was a latecomer and then Arya quickly bailed and the scene ended. They didn't have much to say to each other last week week so I think it was good to add a little more, and Clegane was quite right when he said that he fought for her -not quite the selfish bastard that she perceived!

I did like the idea of the fire scene and even liked the characters there (although as you said all starks would have been cool there) but the dialog was awful (save for the Tormund milk story, hilarious, but not really relevant o anything but a break in the emotions).
    Tormund counts for a lot though! Jaime knighting Brienne was also good, and long overdue.

Why did they have Tyrion sit and talk to bran then immediately cut away? that was a convo i wanted to hear!!
    This has me thinking that perhaps Bran will die (or become separated) but he gave Tyrion an important piece of information that will become useful later, a last gift of intel from the 3ER?

I also feel like there is not enough meat on the revelation of Jon's heritage, they should have spent more time on that. Its the biggest secret in the show, Roberts Rebellion is based on a lie, another Targ....and they just barley touch it???
    I think there has actually been quite a lot on it so far:
    We've seen Lyanna's statue twice before, with Ned and Robert, and with Sansa and Littlefinger, all talking about Lyanna and Rhaegar. Back in Mereen, Ser Barristan Selmy told Dany about Rhaegar's true nature. The 3ER gave us two Tower of Joy flashbacks, and young Lyanna in the Winterfell courtyard. Gilly found the diary entry about the secret marriage. Bran and Sam met and the 3ER showed us the secret wedding. Sam told Jon, now Jon told Dany just before the zombie red alert!

Ten scenes, and I don't think this is done by any means! There will be a little more drama around this later, perhaps with Howland Reed showing up to validate the story as the only living witness to Jon's true origin.

I also really hope the NK is NOT at winterfell. I hope he is on his way to KL.
    Instead of supporting his forces and ensuring their victory with his Dragon wight? Instead of taking out his nemesis the 3ER? And every scorpion ballista in King's Landing can focus on shooting him down?

I think you're also presupposing that the Night King knows everything, and would act on that info like a person. Does he know where the capital is, or even care? That's a political objective --Dany's objective. She wanted to attack it because she wants the Iron Throne, but I don't think that the Night King wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms, so skipping ahead to King's Landing won't make any difference when he's simply invading and destroying the world of men systematically from North to South, the Children of the Forest's old anti-man program gone crazy!

If he as at Winterfell and they take him down that makes Cersei the big bad of the show, when Its supposed to be the NK. I mean based on her prophecy she should be dead already.
    Maggy's prophecy (in the show) doesn't say anything about her death. She stated that a younger and more beautiful Queen will take all that she holds dear.

This show is primarily a drama, and the zombie apocalypse is there to add a background layer of tension for most of that. The Night King is undoubtedly the greatest threat, but do any viewers actually hate the Night King? None that I know. He's had hardly any screen time and no lines to make the audience truly care about him the way we do about Cersei who's been a been a nasty villain since the beginning. This is why people clapped and cheered when she was forced to lick water up from the Sept dungeon floor and make her walk of atonement through King's Landing! It's why I think she'll be last, and die a dramatic death at the hands of one of her brothers...or Arya.

I dont know i just feel the setup has been bungled and am fearing a bad ending. Like i said hopefully the last 4 really knock our socks off.
    I see it as part of a greater whole and we still need to see all of it to know for sure if this setup worked. When I rewatch these episodes in the future, they will be practically seamless parts of one long movie, like the drama on Hoth before the Imperial Walkers got there in The Empire Strikes Back.
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-22-2019 at 10:13 PM.

I'm banking on a twist or two but not totally satisfied. "Bittersweet" means a bunch of fans probably won't be.

Reek in a way was almost as pathetic as Gollum, who basically saves everyone accidentally!

My guess is episode #5. The Golden Company and Euron's Ironborn will fight, either the AotD, or the surviving heroes, augmented by the Knights of the Vale under Robin Arryn and the forces of the Riverlands under Edmure Tully.

I'm going to rate "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" a 6/10, (which is the lower end of "good"), the same as last week's "Winterfell". And that's factoring in:

I enjoyed it and thought it was well-acted and written, very important for the redemption of Theon. He came back to his adopted family in Winterfell to defend them, to make more amends, especially to Bran this time. The feelings expressed here will make his death more potent and tragic later.
    Again i disagree, Acting was fine but the writting has been horrid to me. I also care 0 for the redemption on Reek, saving Sansa does not make up for what he tried to do in my eyes. Dying to save Bran may absolve him but again i don't care for his redemption.

That was really Arya's and the Hound's scene, Beric was a latecomer and then Arya quickly bailed and the scene ended. They didn't have much to say to each other last week week so I think it was good to add a little more, and Clegane was quite right when he said that he fought for her -not quite the selfish bastard that she perceived!
    my point, another wasted interaction and screen time that could have went elsewhere.

Tormund counts for a lot though! Jaime knighting Brienne was also good, and long overdue.
    agreed, although again i thought the writing could have been better for the knighting but i did like the thought.

This has me thinking that perhaps Bran will die (or become separated) but he gave Tyrion an important piece of information that will become useful later, a last gift of intel from the 3ER?
    I disagree again, Bran I have always felt will be a bookend, cover to cover of the story. i don;t think he dies, and if it does go the way you say i would be upset. All the trials Bran had to go through just to pass the saving secret to tyrion? nope dont like that.

I think there has actually been quite a lot on it so far:

We've seen Lyanna's statue twice before, with Ned and Robert, and with Sansa and Littlefinger, all talking about Lyanna and Rhaegar. Back in Mereen, Ser Barristan Selmy told Dany about Rhaegar's true nature. The 3ER gave us two Tower of Joy flashbacks, and young Lyanna in the Winterfell courtyard. Gilly found the diary entry about the secret marriage. Bran and Sam met and the 3ER showed us the secret wedding. Sam told Jon, now Jon told Dany just before the zombie red alert!

Ten scenes, and I don't think this is done by any means! There will be a little more drama around this later, perhaps with Howland Reed showing up to validate the story as the only living witness to Jon's true origin.
    I was speaking in the sense of these two episodes, they touched it twice at the ends of both episodes. not enough for me, all the wasted time could have been put to use here fleshing out this drama. much better use of screen time for me. I want to see more internal struggle from Jon, he just found out hes not a Bastard, and is rightful king....due to lack of screen time on it he seems meh about it. Dany got no time to show any real reaction to it either. again i just think they had the time to do this better if it wasn't wasted on other pointless(in my eyes) interactions.

Instead of supporting his forces and ensuring their victory with his Dragon wight? Instead of taking out his nemesis the 3ER? And every scorpion ballista in King's Landing can focus on shooting him down!

I think you're also presupposing that the Night King knows everything, and would act on that info like a person. Does he know where the capital is, or even care? That's a political objective-- Dany's objective. She wanted to attack it because she wants the Iron Throne, but I don't think that the Night King wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms, so skipping ahead to King's Landing won't make any difference when he's simply invading and destroying the world of men systematically from North to South, the Children of the Forest's old anti-man program gone crazy!
    Whos to say he doesn't have greenseeing capabilities?
    The scorpions will do nothing without dragon glass.
    No he doesn't want the IronThrone, he wants to create another AotD in south so even if Bran escapes the North, here they come from the south.
    Unlikely I know, you are most likely right, but that is how i want to see it

Maggy's prophecy (in the show) doesn't say anything about her death. She stated that a younger and more beautiful Queen will take all that she holds dear.
    You are right i was pulling the full prophecy from the books and merging it on the show my bad.

This show is primarily a drama, and the zombie apocalypse is there to add a background layer of tension for most of that. The Night King is undoubtedly the greatest threat, but do any viewers actually hate the Night King? None that I know. He's had hardly any screen time and no lines to make the audience truly care about him the way we do about Cersei who's been a been a nasty villain since the beginning. This is why people clapped and cheered when she was forced to lick water up from the Sept dungeon floor and make her walk of atonement through King's Landing! It's why I think she'll be last, and die a dramatic death at the hands of one of her brothers...or Arya.
    I again am probably mashing to much from the books into the show. in the books it is very much the NK that is the main threat. I hope she isn't last but you are probably right....

good or bad cant wait for Sunday!

I personally loved Sunday's episode. Maybe, it's just the fanboy in me but I loved it. This next will be epic!

I disagree again, Bran I have always felt will be a bookend, cover to cover of the story. i don;t think he dies, and if it does go the way you say i would be upset. All the trials Bran had to go through just to pass the saving secret to tyrion? nope dont like that.
    I've always liked Bran and I want him to live too. I don't like this plan of making him bait when he has very limited mobility. If it goes afoul, if the Dead overwhelm that part of the fortress first, how does he get out of there? I suppose he could warg into someone or something else (one of the Dragons) and live on if his body is slain.

But whether Bran lives or dies, I predict that some piece of vital intel will come of that convo with Tyrion --that's an obvious set up for it.
    I want to see more internal struggle from Jon, he just found out hes not a Bastard, and is rightful king....due to lack of screen time on it he seems meh about it. Dany got no time to show any real reaction to it either. again i just think they had the time to do this better if it wasn't wasted on other pointless(in my eyes) interactions.
    Jon wasn't "meh" about it, his face contorted, he staggered back, his lines and overall reaction is one you'd expect for that. I've rewatched that scene several times. Here's the clip:

Game of Thrones - 81 - Jon and Sam reunite and Sam tells Jon about his heritage

He avoided Dany all day and was found staring at the statue still processing and coming to terms with the information. Dany also had multiple, very telling facial reactions and good lines to the reveal. I've watched this one several times too.

Game of Thrones 8x02 | Jon and Daenerys Scene | The truth revealed
    Whos to say he doesn't have greenseeing capabilities?
    The scorpions will do nothing without dragon glass.
    Yeah he could have greensight though that usually comes with dreams -does he sleep? If you want to assume he's got prescience there should be some logical basis for that.

Viserion is an undead wight, not a white walker which is a converted living person, like Craster's sons. Cersei and Qburn were shown that fire destroys wights at the Dragon Pit demonstration, so a hit by a flaming bolt from a scorpion could bring Viserion down.

good or bad cant wait for Sunday!
    Same here!

One outcome that's certain, Arya will survive the coming battle!